The wine’s on the house next time you dine at a partner restaurant and pay with your Citibank credit card.
The Citibank Dining Program is a complimentary extra for all Citi cardholders, giving you the opportunity to enjoy a free bottle of wine when you dine at partner restaurants across Australia. This guide looks at how the program works, where to find participating restaurants and other details to keep in mind so that you can make the most of this perk.
How does the Citi Dining Program work?
The Citibank Dining Program is available to any Citi customer with an eligible debit card or credit card. It gives you access to a variety of partner restaurants where you’re eligible for a free bottle of award-winning wine selected by the McWilliam’s Wine Group.
Most of the participating restaurants are located in capital cities around Australia and range from hatted restaurants to hip local cafes and tapas and wine bars. You can even find restaurants that specialise in breakfast and brunch for a cheeky weekend meal. Most establishments offer a variety of both red and white wines to choose from and most bottles have four- or five-star ratings.
The Citibank Dining Program also gives you access to other exclusive wine and dining experiences throughout the year. Example offers include complimentary access to the Good Food & Wine show in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane, entry to pop-up events and discounted wine memberships.
What you need to know about your free bottle of wine
Marcus Marchant: Head of Customer Strategy & Transformation at Citibank
Click here for video transcript
The Citibank Dining Program gives our cardholders a free bottle of award-winning wine every time they dine at hundreds of restaurants around Australia, and pay with their Citibank card. To find restaurants that participate in the Citibank Dining Program, customers can either download the mobile app, which has a tracking finder, which can tell you where your restaurants are that are close to you, or enable you to search for restaurants.
Alternatively, go to the website, CitibankDining.com.au; it has full details of all the restaurants participating and great reviews and overviews of those restaurants, and how to contact them to make your booking.
The Citibank Dining Program has a lot of different types of restaurants. It ranges from [inaudible: 00:34] restaurants, right through local restaurants that we know and love. If you have a local restaurant you'd love to get included, let us know. Tell us on our Facebook wall, and we'll do our best to approach the restaurant and get them to join our program.
To get a free bottle of wine, it's as simple as telling the waiter when you're looking at the wine list that you'd like to get the Citibank Dining Program partner wine. They'll talk you through the options, and there will be an award-winning white or an award-winning red wine to choose from. Basically, enjoy the bottle at the end of the day. Pay for the meal with your Citibank card. There is a limit of one free bottle of wine per table. When we do have multiple cardholders from Citibank dining together, it is limited to one bottle.
There's no limit to the number of times you can redeem the free wine in the Citibank Dining Program. You could potentially dine out every day of the year and still get your free bottle of wine. It's not a short-term program, it's a long-term value proposition that our customers can benefit from.
My favourite Citibank Dining Program wine is the First Creek Verdelho. Absolutely amazing wine. I get it whenever I can.
How can I redeem my free bottle of wine?
You can visit the Citibank Dining Program website or use the Citibank Dining Program mobile app to find a partner restaurant near you. Download the Citibank Dining Program app from the App Store or Google Play.
You can search for a restaurant by name, by cuisine or by location. You can then redeem your bottle of wine in just three steps:
- Find a restaurant. Go to a Citibank Dining Program partner restaurant and tell your waiter that you’re a Citibank cardholder.
- Find a wine. Pick a bottle of wine from the Citibank Dining Program selection available at the establishment.
- Pay with your Citi card. Pay with your Citibank debit or credit card. The bill won’t include the cost of the wine.
Where can I take advantage of the Citi Dining Program?
Citibank is partnered with restaurants in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Hobart and Brisbane. However, the majority of participating restaurants are located in Sydney.
The list includes popular establishments in Sydney such as The Cuban Place in the CBD and Imperial Peking Harbourside in Circular Quay, as well as the Woolshed Pub in Docklands and No. 8 in Southbank, both in Melbourne.
You can use the Citi Dining mobile phone app to find Citi Dining participating restaurants near you.
Terms and conditions to remember before redeeming your bottle of wine
The Citibank Dining Program has some rules you’ll need to know:
- Available at participating restaurants only. You must dine at a Citibank Dining Program partner restaurant to be eligible for a free bottle of wine.
- One bottle of wine per booking. There’s no limit to the number of times you can take up this offer per year, but you’re limited to one free bottle of wine per booking.
- Order at the start of service. You must tell the waiter you’re a Citibank cardholder and order your bottle of wine when you first order.
- Order with a meal. Depending on the restaurant, you must order a minimum of one main course per person, or you must spend more than $50. Note the $50 minimum usually applies if you’re sharing a meal with a group.
- No bill splitting. You can’t split the bill between different payment methods. The full cost must be charged to your Citibank card.
- No takeaways. You must drink your bottle of wine on the premises, and you can’t take what you haven’t drunk home.
- No free wine for degustation orders. The free bottle of wine promotion doesn’t apply if you order the degustation menu with matching wines.
- Out of stock. The restaurant can substitute the wine for a similar bottle if your selection is out of stock.
- Solo offer. The Citibank free wine offer can’t be used if you’re redeeming another offer such as a meal discount.
Citi credit cards with access to the Citibank Dining Program
The Citibank Dining Program is an exclusive benefit available to all Citibank cardholders. This includes Citi no annual fee products right through to the premium Signature frequent flyer cards.
Comparison of Citi Credit Cards with Access to Citibank Dining Privileges
Rates last updated March 1st, 2017.
- Commonwealth Bank Viridian Line of Credit - Variable
Interest rate increase by 0.15%
December 16th, 2016
The Citibank Dining Program is a unique debit and credit card perk. If free wine is not a perk you want to prioritise, you can also compare a range of other rewards credit cards to see what other extras are available.
Frequently asked questions
How are the wines rated?
The wines are either rated using the James Halliday rating system, voted on by Winestate Magazine or given four or five stars from Epicure Magazine. The James Halliday points system runs from 87-100. Wines that rate from 87-89 are considered to be above average. Wines that rate from 90-93 are considered to be of a high quality and worth having in any cellar. Wines that are rated from 94-100 are considered to have a distinguished pedigree and are the highest quality available. Most of the James Halliday rated Citibank wines are all 90 points plus.
Where can I find information on the participating restaurants?
Restaurants in the program can be found on the Citibank Dining website or mobile app. There are more than 100 participating restaurants that have been recommended by a team of “Citibank Insiders”. Restaurants are regularly added to the list and you can ask to have your favourite restaurant included in the Citibank Dining Program simply by sending a request to Citibank on the website or Facebook page.
Who would the Citibank Dining Program suit?
It will suit anybody who enjoys wine and likes to dine out. The variety of participating restaurants means there are options for couples, families and individuals around Australia.