The wine’s on the house next time you dine at a partner restaurant and pay with your Citibank credit card.
The Citibank Dining Program is a complimentary extra for all Citi cardholders, giving you the opportunity to enjoy a free bottle of wine when you dine at partner restaurants across Australia. This guide looks at how the program works, where to find participating restaurants and other details to keep in mind so that you can make the most of this perk.
How does the Citibank Dining Program work?
The Citibank Dining Program is available to any Citi customer with an eligible debit card or credit card. It gives you access to a variety of partner restaurants where you’re eligible for a free bottle of award-winning wine selected by the McWilliam’s Wine Group.
Most of the participating restaurants are located in capital cities around Australia and range from hatted restaurants to hip local cafes and tapas and wine bars. You can even find restaurants that specialise in breakfast and brunch for a cheeky weekend meal. Most establishments offer a variety of both red and white wines to choose from and most bottles have four- or five-star ratings.
The Citibank Dining Program also gives you access to other exclusive wine and dining experiences throughout the year. Example offers include two for one tickets to the Good Food & Wine show in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane, entry to pop-up events and discounted wine memberships.
How can I redeem my free bottle of wine?
You can visit the Citibank Dining Program website or use the Citibank Dining Program mobile app to find a partner restaurant near you.
You can search for a restaurant by name, by cuisine or by location. You can then redeem your bottle of wine in just three steps:
- Find a restaurant. Go to a Citibank Dining Program partner restaurant and tell your waiter that you’re a Citi cardholder.
- Find a wine. Pick a bottle of wine from the Citibank Dining Program selection available at the establishment.
- Pay with your Citi card. Pay with your Citi debit or credit card. The bill won’t include the cost of the wine.
Where can I take advantage of the Citibank Dining Program?
Citi is partnered with restaurants across the country including in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Hobart. To find a partner restaurant visit the Citibank Dining Program website or check out the Citi mobile phone app to find participating restaurants near you.
Terms and conditions to remember before redeeming your bottle of wine
The Citibank Dining Program has some rules you’ll need to know:
- Available at participating restaurants only. You must dine at a Citibank Dining Program partner restaurant to be eligible for a free bottle of wine.
- One bottle of wine per booking. There’s no limit to the number of times you can take up this offer per year, but you’re limited to one free bottle of wine per booking.
- Order at the start of service. You must tell the waiter you’re a Citi cardholder and order your bottle of wine when you first order.
- Order with a meal. Depending on the restaurant, you must order a minimum of one main course per person, or you must spend more than $50. Note the $50 minimum usually applies if you’re sharing a meal with a group.
- No bill splitting. You can’t split the bill between different payment methods. The full cost must be charged to your Citi card.
- No takeaways. You must drink your bottle of wine on the premises, and you can’t take what you haven’t drunk home.
- No free wine for degustation orders. The free bottle of wine promotion doesn’t apply if you order the degustation menu with matching wines.
- Out of stock. The restaurant can substitute the wine for a similar bottle if your selection is out of stock.
- Solo offer. The free wine offer can’t be used if you’re redeeming another offer such as a meal discount.
Citi credit cards with access to the Citibank Dining Program
The Citibank Dining Program is an exclusive benefit available to all Citi cardholders. This includes Citi no annual fee products right through to the premium Signature frequent flyer cards.
Comparison of Citi Credit Cards with Access to Citibank Dining Privileges
The Citibank Dining Program is a unique debit and credit card perk. If free wine is not a perk you want to prioritise, you can also compare a range of other rewards credit cards to see what other extras are available.
Frequently asked questions
How are the wines rated?
The wines are either rated using the James Halliday rating system, voted on by Winestate Magazine or given four or five stars from Epicure Magazine. The James Halliday points system runs from 87-100. Wines that rate from 87-89 are considered to be above average. Wines that rate from 90-93 are considered to be of a high quality and worth having in any cellar. Wines that are rated from 94-100 are considered to have a distinguished pedigree and are the highest quality available. Most of the James Halliday rated wines are all 90 points plus.
Where can I find information on the participating restaurants?
Restaurants in the program can be found on the Citibank Dining website or mobile app. There are more than 100 participating restaurants that have been recommended by a team of “Citibank Insiders”. Restaurants are regularly added to the list and you can ask to have your favourite restaurant included in the Citibank Dining Program simply by sending a request to Citi on the website or Facebook page.
Who would the Citibank Dining Program suit?
It will suit anybody who enjoys wine and likes to dine out. The variety of participating restaurants means there are options for couples, families and individuals around Australia.