Save with $0 international transaction fees when you travel or shop online, a $0 annual fee and a 24/7 worldwide concierge service.
The 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard is designed to help you keep costs down when you use your credit card overseas, with no foreign currency conversion or ATM fees. It also includes a concierge service, online service centre, fraud protection and Mastercard PayPass contactless technology.
Use this guide to learn how the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard works, discover its features and fees and decide if it's worth it for you. We also answer frequently asked questions on topics including applying for the credit card, managing your account and card security.
$0 annual fee
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
Latitude Financial Services Credit Card Offer
Enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases, no annual fee and no international transaction fees.
- $0 p.a. annual fee.
- 21.99% p.a. on purchases
- Cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
What is the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard and how does it work?
The 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard is a credit card designed for overseas use and online foreign transactions. While most credit cards charge an international transaction fee worth 2-4% of every payment made overseas or in a foreign currency, the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard helps you keep costs down by waiving this fee. It also has $0 foreign transaction fees at ATMs, although you will still have to pay cash advance fees and interest charges if you use your credit card to get cash out.
The features and benefits of the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard
As well as having no foreign transaction fees, the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard includes the following features:
- Introductory balance transfer offer. For the first 6 months, cardholders are offered a 4.99% p.a. interest rate from account opening on balances transferred. This then reverts back to a 21.99% p.a. interest rate for all purchases.
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. If you pay your account in full by the due date each month, you can make purchases on this card without paying interest.
- Cash advances. If you use a credit card to get cash out at an ATM, to buy foreign currency or for any other transaction defined as a cash advance, interest will be charged from the date of withdrawal. You will also have to pay a fee of 3% of the cash advance or $4 (whichever is greater).
- Contactless payments. This card has Mastercard PayPass technology that allows you to "tap and go" without entering a PIN for purchases under $100 in Australia. You can still tap to pay at other times, but may be asked to verify the purchase with a PIN or signature.
How much does the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard cost?
While the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard does offer $0 foreign fees, there are still times when specific fees and charges will apply. Use this table to find out about these rates and fees, then compare them to other travel money credit cards so you can find an option that is affordable for your needs.
- Tip: Preload funds onto the card to avoid interest charges.
|Type of fees||Charges/ cost|
|Cash advance fee||3% of the cash advance or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|International transaction fee||$0|
|Variable interest rate on purchases||21.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free days||Up to 55 days|
|Late payment fee||$30|
Is the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard worth it?
If you're interested in getting the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard, consider the following questions to decide if it will offer value based on your spending habits and needs.
- How often do you travel? If you regularly go overseas, this credit card could save you a lot of money on international transaction fees.
- How much do you shop online? If you frequently pay with plastic at the online checkout, you'll find that additional charges for currency conversion and transactions that are processed overseas can quickly add up. As the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard does not apply these fees, it could help you make the most of online shopping bargains.
- Are you planning to get cash out with a credit card overseas? While this card offers fee-free ATM withdrawals, if you get money out you will still be charged a cash advance fee worth 3% of the cash advance or $4 (whichever is greater). Interest will also be charged from the date of the transaction. These are standard terms that apply to most credit cards in Australia but make sure you consider these costs before you apply or use the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard for cash advances.
- Do you pay off your credit card balance? The 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard has an ongoing variable purchase rate of 21.99% p.a. that could quickly add up if you carry a balance. But if you pay the card off in full by the due date on each statement, you can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
Once you have considered these questions, you'll be able to weigh up the benefits and features of the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard to decide if it's worth it for you. Remember to also compare other $0 foreign fee credit cards so you can find one with the right features for your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Applying for and activating a 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard
Account management for the 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard
Fraud, security and transaction disputes
If none of these scenarios apply and you are still uncertain about one or more of the transactions on your account, then contact the 28 Degrees team immediately on 1300 552 079 so they can open an investigation and block your card if necessary.
The 28 Degrees Platinum Mastercard is a popular travel credit card option with $0 foreign transaction fees and no annual fee. Now you know more about it, you can decide if you want to apply or compare other similar cards to find one that suits your needs.Back to top