Have you smashed your phone screen? Save on repair costs with these credit cards.
In this guide, we highlight the different AMEX credit cards that offer smartphone screen insurance as well as what you can (and can’t) expect from the cover.
Compare credit cards with complimentary smartphone screen insurance
How can I access complimentary smartphone screen insurance with my credit card?
If you have these cards, you can access the smartphone screen insurance when you use your card to purchase the phone (whether outright or in monthly instalments). You can receive cover of up to $500 if the screen breakage is a result of an accidental drop or impact. You can take advantage of this cover up to twice within a 12-month period.
How can I make a claim?
If you crack the screen on your smartphone, follow these steps to make a claim:
- Get your phone repaired. Take your phone to a repairer and get a copy of the receipt.
- Submit your claim. Complete the American Express Insurance claims form and submit it online. You’ll need to attach a copy of your credit card statement that shows the purchase of your smartphone or ongoing contract payments as well as a copy of the receipt for the repair.
What is covered?
You are eligible to claim cover for a repair price of up to $500 each time your smartphone screen breaks because of an accidental fall or impact. You’re able to claim your phone screen repairs up to two times in a 12-month period, although it’s worth noting that a 10% excess applies for each claim. So if the claim you submitted was for the maximum $500, you’d pay an insurance excess of $50.
What is not covered?
The cover does not include the replacement of any parts other than the glass or plastic screen unless the manufacturers authorise an exact replacement by way of a refurbished smartphone of the exact model.
Note that you won’t be able to claim the insurance if the screen breakage is a result of:
- The act of cleaning, servicing, inspection, maintenance, adjustment or repair
- Breach of the manufacturer’s operating or guidance instructions
- Wear and tear or gradual deterioration of the equipment, or any damage that cannot be attributed to a single incident
- Corrosion, rust, condensation or evaporation, dampness, dust or change in temperature, unless directly attributed to sudden and unforeseen damage
- Any willful act, or intentional or reckless misuse of the equipment by you or anyone authorised by you
- Any wrongful act committed or attempted by you or by anyone authorised by you
- Any competitive sports activity
If you bought your smartphone with one of these American Express cards, this complimentary extra could save hundreds of dollars on smartphone repairs (or on a smartphone screen insurance policy). However, make sure you understand the policy terms and conditions before you try to make a claim. This insurance currently isn’t available with any other card issuers but this guide will be updated if it is launched anywhere else in the future.Back to top