Track every click with Crazy Egg
Crazy Egg’s heat maps and scroll reports help paint a picture of how your users interact with your site.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Crazy Egg is a web analytics company specialising in user experience (UX) and usability tools. It was founded in 2005 by Neil Patel and is based in La Mirada, California. Clients of Crazy Egg include Yahoo!, Etsy and Dell. A basic plan can be accessed for around US$9/month.
Prices last checked August 2017
What does Crazy Egg do?
Crazy Egg offers web analytics that focus on how a website’s visitors interact with its pages. Its “Big Four” offerings to do this are:
- Heatmap. A heatmap looks a bit like a weather map in terms of the thermal imaging approach it takes. It shows you where people are clicking your site, which shows you what parts of it are hot and which parts could use changes, in order to deliver more conversions.
- Confetti. Every individual click on your website is displayed and classified by where it came from, what the visitor was searching for, and more.
- Scrollmap. The scrollmaps visualise your website in degrees of heat. The most-viewed portions appear dark red with the colour going lighter to indicate how far down a page visitors are scrolling before leaving the site altogether.
- Overlay. This combines the other elements to provide a cohesive look at how many clicks each element is bringing to the website.
Other Crazy Egg features
- Recordings. Signing up for any of Crazy Egg’s packages also earns you the right to add its Recordings offering for free. This is exactly what it sounds like: taking video of user time on the website to see what visitors viewed, what they clicked on and what was their stopping point before leaving the site.
- A WordPress plugin.
Plans and pricing
|Basic||10,000 Visits Per Month|
10 Active Pages
|Standard||25,000 Visits Per Month|
20 Active Pages
|Plus||100,000 Visits Per Month|
50 Active Pages
Priority Email Support
|Pro||250,000 Visits Per Month|
100 Active Pages
Priority Email Support
Priority Phone Support
All prices in US dollars. Prices last checked August 2017
Pros and cons
Crazy Egg has several user experience visualisations that are unique, and they can add a new dimension to how you view your web metrics. However, some of its own customer interaction is a bit lacking.
- All plans are free for the first 30 days.
- Although not easy to find, its site map makes travelling the website very simple.
- For being a website all about user experience, its front page is confusing and contains very little information other than a way to sign up.
- The free trial still requires you to enter your credit card information, a considerable turnoff for many browsers.
FAQs about Crazy Egg
More guides on Finder
Pure Chat review
Learn about Pure Chat's two main live chat solutions and find out how they can be tailored to meet the needs of SMEs.
Best portable speakers in Australia
We’ve found the 6 best portable speakers so you can enjoy a quality audio experience no matter where you are.
Upwork freelance jobs website review
You can employ freelancers quickly using Upwork, or get a new remote job. Here's how.
What businesses want from public blockchains and what’s stopping them
What can you do with public blockchain that you can't do with permissioned, and why is it worth all the trouble?
Singapore Airlines 777-300ER Business Class Singapore to Los Angeles Review
Here's what Points Finder's Shing Kam thought about Singapore Airlines' 777-300ER business class flight from Singapore to Los Angeles via Tokyo.
HostMonster web hosting
With a live demo feature, you can try out HostMonster services and know what you’re getting for your website before you sign up for a hosting plan.
Common Bitcoin scams (and how to avoid them)
A comprehensive guide to what you need to know to detect and avoid some of the most common cryptocurrency scams.
DeepCrawl makes technical SEO simple
DeepCrawl crawls your website to analyse your site architecture and help reveal technical issues that could be affecting your SEO performance.
Top sites to buy dining tables online
If you’re hunting for a dining room table and don’t know where to start, you’re in luck. We’ve tracked down 10 of the best online furniture stores to help you find exactly what you want.
Dive deep into web analytics with Clicky
Clicky delivers real-time web analytics to websites with an easy-to-use dashboard and lots of extra bells and whistles once you get the Pro plan.
Ask an Expert