Cover-More Travel Insurance logo

Cover-More ski travel insurance review

Find out why Cover-More is a smart choice for ski travel cover.

Cover-More is a global travel insurance group of companies founded in 1986 and based in a number of countries including New Zealand, India and Australia.
The company has been insuring travellers in Australia for more than 25 years. Cover-More provides travel insurance for Australians travelling to domestic and international destinations, and they have a global network of doctors, nurses and case managers ready to offer assistance to travellers in various destinations. The company known is for its great service and reliability and covered over 1.8 million travellers besides handling more than 400,00 medical assistance calls in 2013.

Compare Cover-More Travel Insurance Policies

Rates last updated February 23rd, 2019
Brands Product Product Details Apply
CoverMore Optional winter sports cover

Emergency evacuation from ski fields

Bad weather and avalanche closure

Cover for prepaid ski hire ski pass and ski equipment

Get quoteMore info

Who Underwrites Cover-More Travel Insurance?

munich re insurance underwriter

Cover-More Travel Insurance is an authorised representative of Travel Insurance Partners Pty Ltd. Travel Insurance Partners Pty Ltd is underwritten by Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) PLC, t/a Great Lakes Australia. Great Lakes Australia is part of the Munich Re Group, one of the largest insurance groups in the world.

What Does Cover-More Travel Insurance Cover?

Cover-more offers you comprehensive travel insurance so you can enjoy your travelling experiences both within Australia and internationally without having to worry about what could go wrong. Their insurance policies are flexible, allowing you to add various covers depending on your specific needs. Cover-More travel insurance covers you for:

  • lost luggage and cash
  • personal liability
  • accidental death cover.

You also get compensation if an injury you got while overseas renders you unable to work on your return to Australia.

Travel insurance plans available to travellers cover many different scenarios, giving you full protection while travelling overseas.

  • Medical. Medical expenses will be covered including:
    • ambulance costs
    • nursing and surgical fees
    • hospitalisation
    • emergency dental expenses.
  • Interruption. Should unexpected events such as sickness, strikes, loss of your passport or natural disasters interrupt your trip, you will be covered for additional accommodation and transportation expenses.
  • Cancellation. There is also cover for cancelled or rearranged travel plans caused by events beyond your control.

Optional Cover-More Ski Travel Insurance

The Cover-more Ski Travel Insurance can be added to your travel insurance policy for a premium if you are planning to hit the slopes on your trip. Even if you are an experienced skier or snowboarder, you are still at risk of being involved in an accident that could leave you badly injured and cut short your winter sports holiday. For an additional premium you can add Cover-More’s snow skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling to your existing travel insurance policy for cover from injury, lost equipment or any other mishaps you may encounter.

However, even if you have taken out Cover-More Ski Travel Insurance, you will not be covered for:

  • skiing or snowboarding off-piste
  • racing
  • participating in a professional capacity.

What are the Different Types of Cover-More Travel Insurance?

Your Cover-More travel insurance policy can cover you for much more, giving you peace of mind on your travels.

  • Annual Multi-Trip. If you are a frequent traveller, the Multi-trip policy could suit you, as it covers you for any number of trips in your set travel duration.
  • Single Trip. A single trip cover is also available if you are planning a lone trip domestically or internationally.
  • Optional Extras. Should you wish to cover your luggage for more during your trip, you have the option of increasing the luggage items limit on your Cover-more travel insurance policy for an additional premium. Cover for single items can be increased up to $4500 while multiple items can be covered for a maximum of $7,000.
  • Cancellation. With Cover-more travel insurance you can protect yourself more by taking up cancellation cover, increasing your rental car excess cover, adding cover for motorcycle or moped riding or even choosing an excess that suits you.

How to File a Claim With Cover-More Travel Insurance

In the event that you incur a loss or additional expenses while overseas, your Cover-More travel insurance is there to help minimise the loss. Cover-More makes it easy for travellers to file their claims, giving them an option to complete an online claim form or to download and print a claim form. Original documents proving ownership of lost items or incurred expenses are required with your claim form, so be sure to keep them safe. All completed claims forms and supporting documents should then be sent to the Cover-More Claims Department for review.

If your claim is legit, the insurer will calculate the amount payable and will then either pay for the replacement or repair of any damaged or lost personal luggage, reimburse all additional expenses you incurred on your travels or pay the person to whom you are liable following a personal liability issue. Cover-More does its best to review all claims as quickly as possible, and they usually get back to you within 10 business days of receiving your claim.

Find out more information about Cover-More Insurance

Frequently Asked Questions About Cover-More Travel Insurance

Can I purchase an annual business policy?

You can purchase this policy if you are an Australian resident aged up to 74 years of age at the time the policy is issued. Travel must also be for business purposes only and for an Australian company.

How many accompanied children are covered by my travel policy?

There is no limit to the number of accompanying children covered on your policy as long as long as they are yours and, are below the age of 21 years and financially dependent on you. For corporate plans, 6 children are covered on the corporate policy as long as they are accompanying you as the policyholder on your travels.

How long do I have to lodge a claim?

Cover-More policy conditions state that you must inform them of any claim or occurrence that may give rise to a claim as soon as possible and not exceeding 60 days after the date of return is usually indicated in your Certificate of Insurance. Should you exceed this 60 day period before submitting your claim, you will need to include a covering letter explaining why you submitted the claim after the allowed period.

Why do I have to provide receipts with my claim?

Receipts of personal items are required for documentary evidence as per the policy conditions, and they assist the insurer in establishing details such as the cost, make or model and date of purchase of the item in question. Photographs or packaging may be accepted in some instances, but this may not always be enough evidence so you may need to find a duplicate receipt from the store where you got the item.

Receive a quote for Cover-More Ski Travel Insurance

William Eve

Will is a personal finance writer for specialising in content on insurance. While he cannot give personal advice to clients, Will enjoys explaining the intricacies of different types of protective cover to help individuals and businesses find affordable cover that won't leave them underinsured.

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Ask a question
Go to site