Get a card that rewards your spending and gives you a low rate for larger purchases
The Country First Credit Union Gold MasterCard comes linked to a rewards program that gives you various ways to redeem your reward points. When you make large purchases you have the option to making monthly repayments at a special low PayLite rate. Have an existing debt? You can make use of this card’s low balance transfer rate to transfer balances from existing cards.
Country First Credit Union Gold MasterCard Review
Owing to its MasterCard connection, you can use the Country First Credit Union card the world over. This card can lead to long term savings in the form of interest through its introductory balance transfer rate as well as its low PayLite rate. The rewards program gives you the ability to earn rewards according to how much you spend using your card. What also helps is that this card comes with complimentary insurance covers.
Benefits of the Country First Credit Union Gold MasterCard
Every dollar you spend on eligible purchases earns 1 reward point. The Take Flight feature gives you the option of redeeming your reward points for flight tickets, and you can also redeem your points for other travel rewards, store vouchers, and a range of merchandise. By paying a slightly higher annual fee you can enrol in the BlueSky Rewards program and redeem your reward points for Qantas Points.
Complimentary insurance covers
When you use this card to pay for international travel tickets you and your family members receive complimentary international travel insurance. This provides cover against unexpected travel expenses, personal liability, medical expenses, loss or damage to personal items, and trip cancellation. Purchases you make using this card receive purchase cover protection for three months against theft, loss, and damage.
This payment plan lets you spread the cost of purchases that exceed $500 over 6, 12, 24, or 30 months, where you end up paying monthly installments at a considerably lower rate. You'll have 14 days from making a purchase to register it as a PayLite purchase, and you can make early repayments without paying any penalties.
Country First Credit Union Gold MasterCard Features
- Annual fee - You have to pay a nominal annual fee for the life of the card.
- Balance transfer offer - You can use this card to transfer balances from other credit and store cards, and in addition to the convenience of maintaining just one card, you also get to take advantage of a special balance transfer rate.
- Rewards - Use this card to make purchases in Australia or overseas and earn reward points. You'll have multiple options for redeeming accumulated points, from flight tickets and charity donations to store vouchers and paying your card’s annual fees. Your reward points don't expire for as long as your account remains in good standing.
- Complimentary insurances - This card provides cardholders peace of mind through complimentary purchase cover insurance and international travel insurance.
- Additional cards - You can get up to 4 additional cards for your family members over 16 years of age, and you don’t have to pay any additional card fees.
- Credit limit - The minimum credit limit of this credit card is $5,000, and maximum is $25,000.
- Fraudshield - This service provides protection against fraudulent use of your credit card, and upon the detection of any unusual activity, you can expect a phone call straightaway.
- Payment options - You can make repayments via online and phone banking, as well as through Australia Post and BPAY.
How to apply for the Country First Credit Union Gold MasterCard
You can apply by visiting a Country First Credit Union branch or you can apply online. Applying online is easy and takes no more than a few minutes.
Before applying, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You’re a member of the Country First Credit Union
- You’re over 18 years of age
- You earn at least $35,000 p.a.
Completing the application requires that you provide a variety of personal, job-related, and financial information:
- Personal information includes your date of birth, driver’s licence number, marital status, and number of dependents
- Job-related information comprises your employment status as well as your employer’s name and contact details
- Financial information includes details surrounding your income, expenses, assets, and liabilities
Applying for this credit card provided by Country First Credit Union can be a good idea if you’re looking forward to earning rewards, but since there are other cards that offer similar features, take some time to carry out a comparison before making a final decision.Back to top
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Min Credit Limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max Credit Limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Annual Fee||$75 p.a.|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0 p.a.|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
|Internet Banking Transfers||Yes|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC)||1|