Get a card that rewards your spending and gives you a low rate for larger purchases
Important InformationThis product is no longer on offer from Country First Credit Union. If you'd like to compare other rewards credit cards, please head over to the Rewards Program Credit Cards option here.
The Country First Credit Union Gold Mastercard comes linked to a rewards program that gives you various ways to redeem your reward points. When you make large purchases you have the option to making monthly repayments at a special low PayLite rate. Have an existing debt? You can make use of this card’s low balance transfer rate to transfer balances from existing cards.
Country First Credit Union Gold Mastercard review
Owing to its Mastercard connection, you can use the Country First Credit Union card the world over. This card can lead to long-term savings in the form of interest through its introductory balance transfer rate as well as its low PayLite rate. The rewards program gives you the ability to earn rewards according to how much you spend using your card. What also helps is that this card comes with complimentary insurance covers.
Benefits of the Country First Credit Union Gold Mastercard
- Rewards program. Every dollar you spend on eligible purchases earns 1 reward point. The Take Flight feature gives you the option of redeeming your reward points for flight tickets, and you can also redeem your points for other travel rewards, store vouchers, and a range of merchandise. By paying a slightly higher annual fee you can enrol in the BlueSky Rewards program and redeem your reward points for Qantas Points.
- Complimentary insurance covers. When you use this card to pay for international travel tickets you and your family members receive complimentary international travel insurance. This provides cover against unexpected travel expenses, personal liability, medical expenses, loss or damage to personal items, and trip cancellation. Purchases you make using this card receive purchase cover protection for three months against theft, loss, and damage.
- PayLite plan. This payment plan lets you spread the cost of purchases that exceed $500 over 6, 12, 24, or 30 months, where you end up paying monthly installments at a considerably lower rate. You'll have 14 days from making a purchase to register it as a PayLite purchase, and you can make early repayments without paying any penalties.
Features of the Country First Credit Union Gold Mastercard
- Annual fee. You have to pay a nominal annual fee for the life of the card.
- Balance transfer offer. You can use this card to transfer balances from other credit and store cards, and in addition to the convenience of maintaining just one card, you also get to take advantage of a special balance transfer rate.
- Rewards. Use this card to make purchases in Australia or overseas and earn reward points. You'll have multiple options for redeeming accumulated points, from flight tickets and charity donations to store vouchers and paying your card’s annual fees. Your reward points don't expire for as long as your account remains in good standing.
- Complimentary insurances. This card provides cardholders peace of mind through complimentary purchase cover insurance and international travel insurance.
- Additional cards. You can get up to 4 additional cards for your family members over 16 years of age, and you don’t have to pay any additional card fees.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit of this credit card is $5,000, and maximum is $25,000.
- Fraudshield. This service provides protection against fraudulent use of your credit card, and upon the detection of any unusual activity, you can expect a phone call straightaway.
- Payment options. You can make repayments via online and phone banking, as well as through Australia Post and BPAY.