Face coverings are now strongly encouraged for all South Australians as the state plunges into a six-day lockdown.Read more…
Now more than ever, your financial decisions matter. Don’t know where to start? We’re here to help.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Here at Finder, we may be working from home, but we haven't stopped working on what we know best: helping everyday Australians take charge of where their money is going. We have a team of over 120 experts working on guides that can help you navigate this crisis, from how to recession-proof your finances to where you can buy household essentials online.
What's in this guide?
- How can I manage and protect my money?
- Where can I get financial help?
- Where can I buy essential supplies online?
- What can I do if I lose my job?
- What are the rules in my state?
- How can I set up for working from home?
- What happens to my home?
- How can I support my business?
- What happens to my travel plans?
- How can I stay healthy?
How can I manage and protect my money?
The coronavirus pandemic has been described as a battle on two fronts: health and the economy. Throughout 2020, it will be extremely important to carefully manage your finances. Here's how you can safeguard your money (and potentially grow it) during the crisis.
Easy steps to save as much as $700 a month.
How the stock market is changing, and tips for first-time investors.
Automatically sort your expenses and find better deals for you.
- Coronavirus: Common scams to watch out for
- How to get both JobKeeper and JobSeeker
- Should you lodge your tax return straight away?
- Investment scams spiked during COVID-19 – here’s how to protect yourself
- Energy bills have doubled during the coronavirus pandemic
- Money lessons from the coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus: How to lodge your tax return this year
- $60 billion JobKeeper error: Are your payments affected?
- Which stocks have rallied the most during coronavirus?
- How to budget on JobKeeper or JobSeeker payments
- Podcast: How will the coronavirus pandemic affect our finances?
- When will the stock market recover?
- Coronavirus and share market crash: Is it time to open a term deposit?
- How to manage your finances in a recession
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): How to manage your credit card
- Unprecedented measures: Australia’s coronavirus economic stimulus and how it affects you
- Sending money internationally during the coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus: What you need to know about life insurance
- Australian government coronavirus stimulus packages
- Is the market crash a good time to buy stocks?
Where can I get financial help?
Need a hand to cope with your bills right now? Here's how you can get assistance.
Home loans, rent, credit cards, insurance, superannuation, utilities: what's available and how to get it.
You can take out up to $20,000, but what are the rules and is it wise?
What to do if you can't afford your personal loan right now.
- 2 in 5 Australians confused about the latest JobSeeker changes
- What the JobSeeker payment changes mean for you
- Changes to JobKeeper and JobSeeker payments explained
- Commbank Benefits finder: How much money could you claim?
- Do I qualify for NBN Co’s $150 million coronavirus broadband relief package?
- Coronavirus: What to do if you can’t afford your personal loan repayments
- Can I get a car insurance premium break during the coronavirus outbreak?
- Coronavirus early access to super
- Coronavirus mortgage relief and repayment help
- Coronavirus: What to do if you can’t afford your car repayments
- Financial assistance for your energy and Internet bills
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) getting financial help in Australia
Where can I buy essential supplies online?
The coronavirus has sparked panic buying across Australia, making it difficult to buy some essential items. These guides can help.
These retailers will deliver face masks straight to your door.
The best places to stock up on toilet paper online.
Easily find the top retailers selling everything from home office equipment to household items.
- Greater Brisbane lockdown: Face masks mandatory from 6pm
- Where to buy face masks with fast delivery to South Australia right now
- Where to buy toilet paper for home delivery in Adelaide right now
- Changes to Victorian face mask ruling: Fitted masks now required
- Levi’s x Hello Kitty face mask: Buy direct now for $19.95
- Which face masks are most effective and which to avoid
- How you can support breast cancer research with your next face mask purchase
- Ralph Lauren face mask Australia: Buy direct from spring 2020
- How to check to see if your mask fits your face
- Face masks: 1 in 5 doctors have to buy their own
- Big W Melbourne: How Drive Up contactless shopping will work
- Where to buy face masks from female-owned brands
- adidas face mask: Price, release date and where to buy
- How to wear makeup with a face mask
- Under Armour sportsmask: Buy direct for $40 from late August
- How to wear a face mask if you have facial hair
- New mask rules: Where to buy masks in NSW and Sydney right now
- Face masks may reduce coronavirus infection severity
- Maskne: How to stop face mask acne and irritation
- Where to buy face masks with fast delivery to Victoria right now [Updated]
- 11 iconically Australian face mask designs available right now
- Washing your face mask: What you need to know
- Face masks usually break facial recognition: Study
- Face mask alternatives: How to cover up if you don’t have a mask
- How often should you replace the filter in your face mask?
- How to wear a face mask without fogging up your glasses
- Where to buy face masks from Australian small businesses
- Where to buy face masks that support Indigenous Australian communities
- New face mask study: Three layers best, but every layer helps
- Where to buy sustainable face masks online in Australia
- Where to buy fabric to make a face mask
- Where to buy face mask filters online in Australia
- Where to buy reusable clear face masks online in Australia
- Where to buy face masks from popular brands in Australia
- The 7 best face masks in Australia we’ve tried in 2021
- Is there a face mask shortage in Australia?
- Face masks: Your questions answered by doctors
- Where to buy tie dye face masks online
- Where to buy funny face masks online in Australia
- How much does a reusable face mask cost?
- Where to buy designer face masks online in Australia
- Where to buy washable, reusable face masks in Australia
- Where to buy face masks online in Australia
- You can now get groceries delivered by wholesalers and restaurant suppliers
- Where to buy espresso machines online in Australia
- Where to buy KN95 masks online in Australia
- Where to buy 1st Class masks online in Australia
- Where to buy cheap home schooling tech
- Best cleaning sprays in Australia for 2021
- Can you get COVID-19 from packages sent in the mail?
- Businesses offering contact-free delivery in Australia
- Where to buy a thermometer online in Australia
- How to shop during the coronavirus pandemic
- Where to buy toilet paper online in Australia
- Coronavirus: What to stockpile (and how to do it sensibly)
- Why are people panic buying?
- Where to buy hand sanitiser online in Australia
- Where to buy groceries online in Australia
What can I do if I lose my job?
The coronavirus pandemic is expected to result in hundreds of thousands of job losses. Fortunately, there are a range of relief mechanisms available to assist out-of-work Australians. These guides explain how to get help.
All the ways to get financial support if you are suddenly out of work.
If your job at risk due to the coronavirus, follow these steps.
What to do if you need to take time off, are made unemployed or your work temporarily closes.
What are the rules in my state?
Each state and territory in Australia has slightly different rules around financial assistance, travel and social distancing. Here's what's happening.
How can I set up for working from home?
The government is urging most Australians to work from home if they are able to do so. Many schools have also moved to online learning as more and more students stay at home. These guides are designed to help.
Everything you'll need for maximum productivity.
The expenses allowed and the records you need to keep.
How the broadband network is adjusting to handle increased demand.
- Working from home: What can I claim on tax?
- Exhausted from going back to the office? Here’s how to cope.
- Cyber criminals are cashing in on coronavirus – how safe are you?
- Which video conferencing tools are fastest in Australia?
- List of free movies and TV shows you can watch online in Australia
- How to set up your employees to work remotely
- Will the NBN cope with everyone working from home?
- Shows you can binge-watch while working from home
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- 9 ways to survive in a one-bedroom apartment with a kid
- How to stay sane when working from home
- Working from home coronavirus guide: Businesses, families, individuals
What happens to my home?
What the temporary ban on evictions means for landlords.
Here are the mortgage relief packages offered by lenders.
The home insurance providers letting customers suspend cover due to financial hardship.
How can I support my business?
How to manage your business' daily operations, employees and finances during the pandemic.
Keep things running smoothly with this guide
8 ways to keep your business up and running..
- How to structure your business’s needs in a digital environment
- Hope for Australian businesses after insurers lose Covid test case
- Child care and coronavirus: Should government subsidies continue?
- Ask Finder: Can businesses legally refuse to accept cash?
- What employers can do to make remote working better long term
- How to make the most of American Express Shop Small in 2020
- Why you should pivot your business to withstand the pandemic
- When will JobKeeper be paid?
- Guide to JobKeeper Payment coronavirus stimulus: Eligibility and how to apply
- New COVID-19 lending scheme for SMEs selects fintechs Moula, Prospa
- Keep your business afloat during the coronavirus outbreak
- How to set up your employees to work remotely
- Government business loans
- How to increase cash flow during the coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus: Is it too late to get cyber insurance?
- Coronavirus: Can business insurance help?
- Business loans for SMEs affected by the coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus: Help if you have a small business
- How is coronavirus affecting the Australian property market?
What happens to my travel plans?
Australia is essentially in lockdown during coronavirus, with multiple states shutting their borders and international travel banned outside of exceptional circumstances. These guides will keep you informed about ongoing travel restrictions and their impact on your finances.
If you have a trip booked, or you were hoping to get away soon, what does this mean for your travel plans?
Airlines, cruises and tours are waiving change and cancellation fees due to corona. Here are the revised policies.
How overseas citizens can still get into Australia.
- Which face mask should you use when flying?
- Why aren’t Qantas and Virgin making face masks compulsory?
- What to expect when travelling during a time of physical distancing
- Australia’s three-step plan to re-open: What you can and can’t do
- Grounded travellers could be in for insurance refund
- Airline flight and route cancellations: The full list
- Airlines, cruises and tours waive change and cancellation fees due to coronavirus [Updated]
- Travelling during coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know [Updated]
- What to know if your travels are affected by the domestic travel ban
- How to apply for an exemption from the foreign traveller ban
- Ways to get your money back for an event cancelled due to coronavirus [Updated]
- Coronavirus and travel insurance: Your questions answered
How can I stay healthy?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially declared COVID-19 a pandemic of global concern. It's the first pandemic sparked by a coronavirus, which means we are currently in uncharted territory. If you're unsure about any aspect of the virus, please read the guides below.
- Australian face mask rules: The complete list [Updated]
- When will coronavirus be over? The answer’s not so simple
- Woolworths customers asked to wear face masks in NSW, ACT and parts of QLD
- Face masks: Coverings to be mandatory in all of Victoria
- Will face masks become the new norm in Australia?
- Why aren’t face masks mandatory in Sydney?
- Where to buy masks in Melbourne and Victoria
- How to deal with separation anxiety in dogs
- As restrictions ease, Aussies can start claiming on their health insurance
- Books for all ages to read during lockdown
- Should you download the COVIDSafe app? Pros and cons
- 7 ways to support your mental health during lockdown
- Elective surgeries cancelled during coronavirus: What it means for you
- Coronavirus car care tips
- Coronavirus: how can we stay protected?
- Coronavirus hotlines in Australia
Read more on this topic
Appliances Online EOFY sales: Best deals on fridges, TVs + more
Top offers include $7,255 off Sony 77-inch TVs and $194 off Dyson vacuums.
NSW COVID restrictions: When and where do you need to wear a mask?
Here are all the new NSW COVID-19 restrictions for Sydney - including travel bans and where you need to wear a mask.
How to get $90.95 off Nintendo Switch with Amazon Prime
Amazon Australia is selling the Nintendo Switch video game console for $349 during Prime Day - that's over $120 off the RRP.
Amazon Prime Day Australia 2021: 11 great deals you can still get
Forgot that Prime Day was on? Don't panic! Here are 11 unmissable deals you can still get today.
Learn how to stake Binance Coin (BNB)
Learn how to stake BNB and start earning income with this straightforward step-by-step guide for both exchanges and wallets.
Ethereum price: Experts believe key indicators paint a negative picture
Due to a lack of clarity surrounding the launch of Ethereum’s much hyped EIP 1559, the premier altcoin may continue to face downward price action in the near term.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Ainsworth Game Technology (AGI ↑9.3%), Washington H Soul Pattinson and Company (SOL ↑8.7%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Wednesday 23 June 2021.
China’s aggression to Bitcoin has lead to its worst month in years
As mainstream institutions continue to offload BTC, fears regarding the currency's future continue to loom large on the horizon.
Jetstar sale creates first direct flight between 2 holiday hotspots
EXPIRED: Forget having to wait at the airport for your connecting flight! Jetstar has you covered.
Why is the Woolworths (WOW) share price slipping?
Shares in the supermarket giant have steadily risen and are up 9% in the last 6 months.
Ask an Expert