TitleXchange offers a simple and affordable conveyancing service to help you get to settlement with a minimum of fuss.
Conveyancing is an essential part of the home-buying process, but it can also be time-consuming, confusing and the cause of plenty of stress. TitleXchange aims to simplify the conveyancing process for Australian home buyers, making it transparent, efficient and affordable. It does this by charging one fixed price upfront that covers all expenses, and by providing its clients with the ability to submit and manage their jobs entirely online.
Want a fixed-price conveyancing service? Fill out the form below to enquire with TitleXchange
TitleXchange offers fixed price packages for all of your conveyancing needs, including buying or selling a house, apartment, vacant land or off-the-plan properties or transferring a title between related parties. It also offers a range of add-on services, including fixed-price contract of sale reviews, building contract reviews, building and pest reports and more. Fill out this form to get into contact with an expert from TitleXchange at a time that suits you.
What is a conveyancer?
Conveyancing describes the process of transferring the legal ownership of a property from one person to another. During any real estate transaction, the real estate agent will ask both the buyer and the seller to provide the details of a conveyancer to navigate the technical jargon and complex requirements to ensure that ownership of the title of land is successfully transferred.
A conveyancer is a qualified and licensed legal professional or firm who can provide the necessary advice you need to buy or sell a property. Conveyancers prepare, verify and lodge a range of important legal documents, conduct title searches, put your deposit money in a trust account, calculate the adjustment of rates and taxes and settle the property on your behalf. They will also make sure that you are kept informed and all your questions are answered throughout the process.
While conveyancers are most commonly called upon to help with buying and selling properties, they also provide their services in other situations, such as if you want to subdivide land or update a title.
Who is TitleXchange?
TitleXchange is a legal firm that specialises in conveyancing. It is part of the Law&Co group of companies and was formed by three businesspeople with decades of combined experience across law and property industries.
With a head office in Melbourne, TitleXchange can transfer a property title anywhere in Australia. Thanks to the firm’s focus on using technology to simplify the conveyancing process, there is no need to visit its offices to ensure the proper transfer of a property title.
What does TitleXchange do?
TitleXchange offers an efficient and convenient conveyancing service to help property buyers and sellers transfer land ownership with a minimum of fuss. This law firm specialises in conveyancing but offers a key difference to many other firms: it allows you to lodge and manage your conveyancing jobs completely online.
TitleXchange has invested heavily in technology to ensure that the conveyancing process runs smoothly from start to finish. Clients submit jobs online through the TitleXchange system, and in return are given a dedicated professional to handle their transfer and access to the TEX Portal.
Through the TEX Portal, clients gain real-time access to conveyancing documents and can check on the progress of their job with a few clicks. This removes the need for physical paperwork and also means that you require minimal contact with your conveyancer.
Another key focus for TitleXchange is to provide transparent pricing to customers. To avoid the frustration of unexpected extra costs, TitleXchange charges a fixed price upfront that covers the entire conveyancing process, including third-party costs and legal fees.
Finally, as TitleXchange is a law firm, it is also available to offer legal advice if required, which is something a dedicated conveyancer is unable to do.
How much does it cost to use TitleXchange?
TitleXchange offers the following packages when you are buying or selling a property:
- House & Apartment: $895. This comprehensive package is designed for those buying or selling a house or apartment. It is offered for existing properties only and includes your own lawyer, all disbursements, a contract review, all property searches, and building permit reviews.
- Land / Off-the-plan: $495. This package is designed for clients buying vacant land or real estate off-the-plan. It includes all disbursements and your own lawyer.
- Title Transfer: $595. This package is suitable when you want to transfer a property title to a spouse or family member. It includes document preparation and stamp duty advice.
These 100% fixed price packages cover all costs in the conveyancing process. Once you have chosen your package you can also choose from the following add-ons:
- NSW: $150. This package is compulsory for NSW properties and covers the cost of property searches.
- Body Corporate: $150. You will need to add this package if the property is part of a body corporate, for example an apartment. It covers the cost of property searches.
- Contract of Sale Review: $150. This is prepared by TitleXchange’s lawyers and helps you understand the major items in the contract and whether you may need to make amendments.
- Building Contract Review: $250. This is prepared by TitleXchange’s lawyers and helps you understand the major items in the contract and whether you may need to make amendments.
- Service Plus: $250. This includes caveats, nominees and delayed settlements.
- Building & Pest Report: $495. This package is designed to cover the cost of obtaining building and pest reports for the property.
- Solicitors Certificate: $495. This package is necessary when a solicitor certificate is required, such as if you have a guarantor for your finance.
How do I get started with TitleXchange
If you’d like to find out more about the benefits of TitleXchange or perhaps use this law firm to help you buy or sell a property, click one of the “Find out more” links on this page. You will then be securely redirected to the TitleXchange website where you can fill out a contact form.
You will need to provide:
- Your full name
- Your email address and phone number
- The best time for TitleXchange to call you
- Whether you are buying or selling
TitleXchange will then contact you at your nominated time to discuss your conveyancing needs.
If you want TitleXchange to look after the conveyancing when you buy a property you will need to provide:
- A copy of your Contract of Sale
- A copy of your Building Contract (if you’re building a house on a block of land you’re purchasing).
Sellers will need to provide information about their property so that the TitleXchange team can prepare a Contract of Sale. You will be sent a checklist explaining the details you need to supply.
If you’re looking for convenient, affordable and simple conveyancing, consider TitleXchange when buying or selling property. Compare it with other conveyancers to find the right firm to ensure a successful property transfer.