First look: Converse’s new CX sneaker technology
Converse is changing the way sneakers are made – this is everything you need to know.
What is CX? It's an innovative toolkit of materials and processes, and it's unlike anything Converse has ever done before. The point of it is to deliver new levels of comfort, wearability and design.
This idea didn't just happen overnight. In fact, it's the result of years of constant research and experimentation.
Brandis Russell, VP, Global Footwear at Converse said: "CX allows Converse to deliver on both new expression and experience through the lens of comfort... In time, we plan to integrate its elements into every footwear product we make."
The idea is built around three core elements:
- CX Stretch Canvas: A new material innovation that adapts to a wearer's foot, allowing the shoe to be taken on and off with ease.
- CX Foam: It's a single-density PU insole coupled with a lightweight phylon midsole. This boosts impact absorption, maximising comfort.
- New Outsole Design: CX foam is supported by a new rubber outsole design that provides flexibility and improved durability.
So... what do the sneakers actually look like? Straight off the bat, there are three new designs that you can get your hands on.
The All Star Disrupt CX is a futuristic take on the classic Chuck Taylor All Star. Take your pick from the black and khaki colourways (pictured above). We are loving the exaggerated statement heel counter.
The sleek shape of the Chuck Taylor Disrupt CX is both slip-on and low-cut. It features the CX Stretch Canvas and Foam, as well as the huge heel counter.
Alternatively, the Chuck Taylor All Star CX looks a little more familiar. The classic silhouette has been improved with transparent detailing on the midsole.
Do these kicks look familiar? It's actually Converse's collaboration with TAKAHIROMIYASHITA on the CX Disrupt sneakers. The black and white iterations are available for purchase now.
Keen to check out the latest and greatest sneaker drops? This is what you need to know.
- Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
- THE ICONIC flash sale: 40% off sneakers and our top sale picks
- Sneaker deal: Save $320 on rare Nike Jordan 1s
- The Simpsons x adidas: First look at the Flaming Moe’s and Squishee sneakers
- Why Nike’s GO FlyEase sneakers could be revolutionary for those living with a disability