When you spend $100 per month on your mobile plan you open yourself up to a huge variety of choice, but not all options are equal.
A $100 spend per month, excluding any potential handset repayment costs, should absolutely deliver you unlimited standard national calls and texts, along with a hefty quota of data to use on a solid 4G network. And that’s just the start of the value equation for these plans, as at this price point you should be getting more than just a basic mobile service package.
$100 per month opens up nearly all the available Australian plans to you, whether you’re interested in contract, prepaid or month-by-month plans. Here’s what you should weigh up when choosing your ideal $100 mobile plan:
- Will a phone be included? For $100 a month, plenty of telcos will include a handset on a 24-month contract with no additional repayments. That won’t cover the very top end of the premium tree, especially if you like high-capacity iPhone models, but it gives you a lot of choice in the Android world, including some excellent premium handsets.
- Am I getting enough data? The level of data included in plans at this price point should be quite high, but it’s not unusual to see quite a wide variance here. Bear in mind there’s no point switching networks if you’re going to be promised data that you can’t access due to network black spot issues.
- What extras do I get? When you’re spending this much per month, you absolutely should look at the bundled extras that you get with your plan. For some users, international call inclusions will be a boon, while for others they might never be touched. Many telcos, especially the big three networks, bundle everything from Qantas Points to music streaming subscriptions with plans in this pricing tier. Matching your usage needs with the right plan can add a lot of value and even save you money in the long run.
- Catch.com.au is launching its own prepaid mobile service
- You can now bundle Norton security products with your Vodafone mobile bill
- Optus is giving all Australians 30 days free access to the National Geographic mobile app
- Get a hefty 18GB of mobile data for just $32 a month with Virgin Mobile
- Go big with 18GB of mobile data for just $20 with Vodafone