Trade more than 7,000 types of CFDs and enjoy low brokerage fees with CommSec CFD Trading.
Run by the Commonwealth Bank, one of the largest and longest-established banks in Australia, CommSec offers a range of online trading options. That includes the option to trade contracts for difference (CFDs) on an extensive range of local and global markets. With more than 7,000 types of CFDs available and brokerage from as low as $10 per trade, CommSec offers competitive CFD trading options.
What CFDs can I trade with CommSec?
CFD options available to CommSec customers include:
- Australian share CFDs. CFDs are available over 600 major companies listed on the ASX.
- International share CFDs. These trading options let you invest in major companies listed on US, UK, European and Asian stock exchanges.
- Global indices. Instead of trading individual stocks, indices let you invest in the share market as a whole.
- Futures. Opening positions on a range of index futures is another option offered by CommSec.
- Commodities. Commodity CFDs are available for gold, oil and a range of other energies and metals.
- Foreign exchange. Trade a wide range of currency pairs on the world’s largest market, including popular pairs like AUD/USD and JPY/USD.
Features of a CommSec Account
- Research. CommSec offers a range of market insights to help you make informed trades. These include daily market reports and detailed market information from experienced analysts.
- Access. You can place trades with CommSec online and via the CommSec app (available for Android and iOS devices).
- Trade types. CommSec provides a range of conditional order options — including stop losses, guaranteed stops and trailing stops — to help reduce your level of risk.
- Demo account. If you want to "try before you buy", CommSec offers a free 14-day demo account to let you trial the features and services it offers before you start trading CFDs for real.
What support and information is available with a CommSec CFD Trading Account?
If you ever need help placing a trade or with any aspect of your account, CommSec provides phone and email assistance from 8am to 7pm Sydney time, Monday to Friday. You can also chat to other CommSec users in the CommSec Community forum.
Fees when using a CommSec CFD Account
Different levels of commissions apply depending on what type of CFDs you are trading. For example, Australian share CFDs attract a minimum commission of $10, while CFDs on UK shares will cost £15 GBP.
CFD trades over forex, commodities and indices do not attract a commission, with the cost of trading instead factored into the spread that CommSec offers. A range of fees also applies to CFD positions held open overnight, while guaranteed stop loss orders attract a fee of 0.3% of the transaction value.
Pros and cons of using CommSec to trade CFDs
- Trading options. Access to more than 7,000 types of CFDs provides myriad investment opportunities for traders.
- Competitive commissions. CommSec fees start as low as $10 per trade, which is a competitive offering when compared with other products on the market.
- Risks. Trading CFDs involves a high level of risk. Make sure you are fully aware of all the dangers associated with CFD trading before you open an account.