Financial Advice That Could Help You Achieve Your Financial Goals
Here's everything you need to know about Commonwealth Financial Planning.
With more than 20 years of experience, the Commonwealth Financial Planners can design a financial plan tailored to your specific situation from super to insurance.
The first consultation with your Commonwealth Financial Planner is free. Whether you don't know what you need financially, or you want to know how you could secure your financial future, a financial planner could help.
The financial planning process
There are four steps that make up the process of the Commonwealth Financial Planning service.
- Meet a planner. At this step you can meet and chat with a planner and they will help build a plan to manage your financial goals. This is a good time to ask questions so the planner can really make things easy to understand.
- Check over your personalised plan. When your plan has been completed and set out, the planner will give you your best options. This step hones in on the specifics of the plan and you'll strategise about how to go about achieving this plan.
- Carrying out your plan. It's now time to carry out your plan when you're glad with the progress you've made.
- Regularly review your progress. Keep an eye on your financial situation. It's suggested that you take some time, maybe once a year, to check and see if your plan is working and is still valid for you.
The benefits of getting professional advice
- Learn to see the end goal. Your planner will be able to analyse your current scenario and work out what's best for you to do so you can meet your realistic goals. If something comes up in the future, your planner can best help equip you with the things you need.
- Form a strategy. While working with your planner, explore a range of products from different banks and other institutions. You may get different and new ideas about how to manage your money from this strategy. Organise a strategy based on your situation so it'll help achieve your financial goals.
- Stay on track. The CBA planners are available 24/7 so they can always help you out when you need it. If something comes up in your life that affects your plan, they will be there for you.
What can a Commonwealth Financial Planner help me with?
There are many things that your Commonwealth Financial Planner can help you with. Since there is a multitude of things to cover when you want to take control of your finances, the planners can help you with many things. Here’s a list of the things they can help you with:
Any life stage:
- Set financial goals that cover both the short and long term.
- Financially support your family by organising a help plan.
- You planner can help you start your life insurance and apply for income protection.
- Begin your investment portfolio or you can improve your existing one.
- Collate and organise your pay rises and other income streams efficiently and effectively.
- Planners can help you redirect money from your super and rollovers into other accounts.
- Transition to retirement from work.
- Maximise your super.
- Build or adjust your investment portfolio.
- Access government benefits.
- Save for children or grandchildren.
How do I set up an appointment and how much will it cost?
Your appointment can be conducted through the phone, video conferencing or in person. Depending on your situation, you may require multiple consultations. While at your first meeting, the planner can instruct you on how things should progress for your benefit.
The first meeting is free, with no catch. Since the first catch-up is more informal and a place where you can get to know your planner and they can get to know you, it's free. This meeting is a perfect time to enquire and chat about financial goals and how to go about achieving them. The planner must know these details so the plan can be tailored to fit your every financial need.
Once the financial planner knows what you’re aiming for, they will tell you about any costs involved in setting up your plan and for managing your strategy over time. The cost of using a financial planner can run into the thousands of dollars, depending on the complexity of the advice provided and your individual needs.
What can I expect from my first appointment?
Since the first appointment is free, this is the time to get your questions ready. This is beneficial for both you and the planner as your can both work together to achieve the best outcome. Here are some things to ponder before your meeting:
- What are some of the changes you want to see to your lifestyle right now?
- Where do you see your life going in the future?
- What are you aiming for: retire early, boost investment portfolios, or increasing super? etc.
Sorting out your financial life is no small matter. So be prepared to ask questions. Remember there’s no such thing as a silly question. Although you might think that’s a cliche, it’s true. Concerning your finances, don’t take that risk. Just ask the planner, so they can help you.
Some of the most common questions posed to Commonwealth Financial Planners are:
- What experience and background do you have in the industry?
- Can you tell me how expensive a planner will be?
- Differing strategies have a range of risk, what are those risks?
- What are some things I can do to improve my current financial situation?
How do I contact a Commonwealth Financial Planner?
You can get in touch with a Commonwealth Financial Planner today by clicking on ‘Enquire’ where you'll be asked to request an appointment at a time that suits you. You'll be prompted to provide:
- Your contact details.
- The best time call and your preferred appointment time.
- What your financial goal is.
- And any other information you'd like to provide.