A flexible home loan designed for seniors aged 65 and over
The Equity Unlock home loan lets borrowers access the equity in their property for personal purposes. It's also available for refinancing with any existing loan, but the original loan purpose was for personal use only. Unfortunately this loan is not available for business purposes, personal investments or for construction purposes.
|Product Name||Commonwealth Bank Equity Unlock for Seniors|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||6.37%|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)||6.44%|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$20,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$425,000|
|Maximum Insured LVR||45%|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$12 monthly ($144 p.a.)|
- No need to verify income
- No regular repayments required
- You don't have to repay the loan until the property is sold or until both borrowers have passed away
- There is a $950 application fee
- There is a $200 settlement fee
- There is a $12 monthly account fee
Features and benefits of the Commonwealth Bank Equity Unlock Home Loan
The nature of the Equity Unlock means you won't have to set limits on your budget or adopt other critical strategies like selling your house. With this financial product, everything will be simpler and faster for you and you'll be provided with the comfort you have always dreamed of.
- No liability. You will also be able to avoid leaving your family in debt because of the ‘no negative equity guarantee’, meaning you won't be able to borrow more than the value of your home. There will be regular checks on the value of your property in order for you to stay constantly informed about your financial situation and the investments that are recommended for you.
- Loan amount. Depending on your age, you will be able to borrow up to 45% of the total value of your home or the fixed sum of $425,000, depending on which one is the greatest. Not to mention the fact that you will have complete freedom when it comes to the repayments, since you will be able to schedule them exactly how you want them to be and add funds or withdraw them along the way.
- No regular repayments.You can refer your repayments until you no longer in the property. However, the interest, fees and charges will still accumulate until the loan is repaid.
- Repayment options. You can choose form a variety of repayment options. You can take one lump sum or draw down funds through NetBank, phone, ATMs, EFTPOS, Australia Post or through a branch.
- Top-up. You can increase your loan amount, this should be requested by getting in touch with Commonwealth Bank.
- Excluded loan options. Please note that this loan is not available as a package, property share, guarantor support or as a low doc loan.
Fees you can avoid
- At this current point in time there are no fees that you can avoid with this loan.
Fees you can't avoid
- Establishment fee, $950. This is charged when you establish the account for your home loan, is an upfront fee.
- Service fee, $12 per month. This is to cover the maintenance costs of your home loan.
How to apply for the Equity Unlock
If you feel the Equity Unlock from the Commonwealth Bank may be the right loan for you, you can find out more information and get on the path to applying by clicking the enquire button on the right side of the page, or alternatively on the bottom of the page. Before you apply, you may want to check the following criteria.
- You're aged 65 or over and you're the owner that resides in the property being put up for security. This applies to joint accounts too.
- You've sought independent legal advice regarding this decision and you have a Statutory Declaration signed.
- Commonwealth Bank highly recommends that you've sought independent financial advice and that you have an Estate Planning and Financial Advice Certificate signed.
Enquire about this home loan
Commonwealth Bank Equity Unlock Home Loan Interest Rate History vs RBA Cash Rate Graph
Enquire about this home loan