Receive cover for death and TPD and fund through super with CommInsure
There are a number of financial protection products that are able to provide peace of mind for those who are reliant on their income. This includes terminal illness cover, Total & Permanent Disability cover, and income protection cover. Death benefit is also invaluable for those who have loved ones who rely on their financial contribution in order to get by.
The CommInsure Total Care Plan Super product is one that combines all of these different protective policies in one handy superannuation product. The product is provided under the Colonial Super Retirement Fund with Colonial Mutual Superannuation Pty Ltd being the trustee. Those interested can make an application for cover through a superannuation fund, which offers the benefit of paying premiums through superannuation funding.
Key benefits of the CommInsure Total Care Plan Super policy
The CommInsure Total Care Plan Super product offers a wide range of benefits, making it a valuable product to consider if you are looking for all round financial protection for yourself and your loved ones. The product offers protection in a number of different ways, which in turn provides peace of mind for both the policyholder and for the family of the policyholder.
Some of the key benefits of CommInsure Total Care Plan Super include:
- Life care benefit: The Life care Benefit that comes as part of the CommInsure Total Care Plan Super is a lump sum payment that is paid into your super in the event of your death. This can help to provide additional financial security and peace of mind for your loved ones to help them manage financially when you are no longer around to look after them.
- Terminal illness benefit: If you are diagnosed with a terminal illness, this part of the CommInsure Total Care Plan Super pays the life care benefit in advance, which can prove valuable in terms of helping to pay for care and treatment, settling financial matters, and even enabling you to spend better quality time with your loved ones.
- TPD benefit: If you become totally and permanently disabled as the result of an injury or illness, the TPD benefit from your CommInsure Total Care Plan Super will result in a lump sum being paid into your super.
- Income Care Super: Under this part of the CommInsure Total Care Plan Super, the insured person can protect up to 75 percent of their regular income with the use of super money.
There are also some optional add on benefits that you can choose to incorporate into your CommInsure Total Care Plan Super should you wish to do so. This includes:
- Plan protection: With Plan Protection, you will not be expected to pay any premiums in the event that you are totally disabled.
- Accidental Death Cover: This is basically a top up benefit on your life cover, which will pay out a lump sum in the event that you die as the result of an accident. This lump sum is on top of any benefit you receive from the Life Care Cover.
- Increasing claim: With the increasing claim benefit, you can make sure that the benefit you receive increases in line with inflation changes.
In addition, there are a number of other key benefits that come as standard as part of the CommInsure Total Care Plan Super product. This includes:
- Loyalty bonus benefit: With this benefit, you will be rewarded for continuing with your cover through the receipt of 5 percent more paid out on benefits.
- Life care buyback: If your Life Care benefit is reduced as the result of a TPD claim, this feature of the plan allows it to be reinstated after a twelve month period.
- Automatic indexation: With this feature, your cover is increased each year in order to ensure that it remains in line with inflation.
- Interim accident cover: With this addition to the CommInsure Total Care Plan Super product, you will be covered for accidents during the period when your application is being processed.
Opting for the CommInsure Total Care Plan Super can bring increased peace of mind not just for you as the policyholder but also for loved ones, who may struggle financially in the event that you are disabled, diagnosed with a terminal illness, or you die. The plan is a solid, comprehensive one, which means that policyholders can benefit from a wide range of protective measures.
Exclusions to be aware of
Exclusions vary according to the type of cover you select. For example, the Life Care Benefit will not be paid if you commit suicide within one year from:
- The date cover commenced;
- The date on which the policy was last reinstated; or
- The date of an increase to your cover
Who is eligible for CommInsure Total Care Plan Super?
The entry ages for CommInsure Total Care Plan Super vary depending on the types of cover and the premiums you select:
|Type of cover||Stepped Premiums||Level Premiums||Expires|
|Life Care Cover||You must be aged between 17 and 69||You must be aged between 17 and 54||On the policy anniversary before your 80th birthday|
|TPD Cover||You must be aged between 17 and 59||You must be aged between 17 and 54||On the policy anniversary before your 65th birthday|
|Income Care Cover||You must be aged between 17 and 59||You must be aged between 17 and 54||Either on the policy anniversary before your 60th or your 65th birthday|