We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
So you have decided to purchase real estate to start your own business? Or maybe you want to sell your current office because you're expanding? Find out how a commercial real estate lawyer can help and where you can get a free quote.
Where do I speak to a commercial property lawyer?
You can get free quotes templates from various websites. Compare all the prices and choose one that suits you the best. Here are a few sites to consider:
Does your company belong in this list?
What's in this guide?
- Where do I speak to a commercial property lawyer?
- What is a commercial real estate lawyer?
- When should I use a commercial real estate lawyer?
- Commercial real estate lawyer vs real estate lawyer
- What does a commercial real estate lawyer do and not do?
- How effective is a commercial real estate lawyer?
What is a commercial real estate lawyer?
Commercial real estate is any property that is used for commercial or business purposes. This includes warehouses, offices, retails stores, etc. Commercial real estate laws can be complicated, which is where a lawyer comes in.
Commercial real estate lawyers will help you inspect, understand and evaluate commercial properties before you purchase them. The lawyer can also help you interpret the laws regarding commercial real estate.
When should I use a commercial real estate lawyer?
A commercial real estate lawyer can be essential when you're buying, selling or transferring real estate property, depending on how complicated the sale is. They assist with understanding documents, negotiating terms and more.
Another instance when commercial lawyers can be highly useful is during a legal dispute. They can help navigate the laws involved with the dispute and also represent you in court, if required.
Commercial real estate lawyer vs real estate lawyer
Though both commercial real estate lawyers and real estate lawyers deal with land and the structure attached to it, but there are minor differences between them.
A commercial real estate lawyer will not assist their clients with transactions related to residential properties. They only deal in properties that will be used for profit-making purposes.
What does a commercial real estate lawyer do and not do?
What they do
- Drafting purchase, sale and transfer documents
- Negotiate deals
- Represent their client in legal disputes
- Provide counsel in violations
- Assist with lease renewals, transfers and termination
- Help with rent reviews
- A commercial real estate lawyer does not assist with residential properties
How effective is a commercial real estate lawyer?
A commercial real estate lawyer is effective during the whole process of buying non-residential real estate. In business, real estate sales and purchases really affect your bottom line, so getting the sale reviewed by a lawyer can help protect your business.
Here's some more information on where to find free commercial real estate lawyer quotes and online legal resources:
- Lawpath: You can get free quotes from Australia's largest lawyer marketplace by simply signing up on the Lawpath website. Request and get three quotes to compare and find the best price for you.
- LegalVision: Submit a commercial real estate inquiry on the LegalVision website to get free fixed-fee quotes for a lawyer.
Ask an Expert