Commercial litigation lawyers
How to find the best commercial litigation lawyer and why you need one.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Whether you're a startup or an established company, hiring a commercial litigation lawyer can help you to resolve legal and contractual disputes. If a case goes to court, a commercial litigation lawyer will be there to represent you and your business interests. Read on to find out what a commercial litigation lawyer does and how they can help your business thrive.
Where can I find a commercial litigation lawyer online
Does your company belong in this list?
What's in this guide?
- Where can I find a commercial litigation lawyer online
- What is a commercial litigation lawyer?
- When should I use a commercial litigation lawyer?
- Commercial litigation lawyer vs corporate lawyer
- What does a commercial litigation lawyer help with?
- How effective is a commercial litigation lawyer?
- Do I need a commercial litigation lawyer for my business in Australia?
- How do I request a free quote for a commercial litigator?
- What to think about before getting free commercial litigation lawyer quotes
What is a commercial litigation lawyer?
Commercial litigation lawyers work on disputes and resolutions. If you have a contractual dispute with a vendor, a commercial litigation lawyer will be your legal representation and try to win your case in court.
Commercial litigation lawyers are experts in the contractual dealings of your business and managing your relationships with other business people. They work to resolve or litigate in all commercial aspects of your business, including:
- Contract disputes
- Employment disputes
- Landlord and tenancy disagreements
- Corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Debt recovery
When should I use a commercial litigation lawyer?
As a business owner, you might be liable in many contractual issues and commercial dealings. When disagreements arise, you might need to consult a commercial litigation lawyer for advice and legal representation. Consulting with a commercial litigation lawyer when you're establishing working relationships can help to avoid litigation later on.
Here are a few examples of business relationships where you might need a commercial litigation lawyer to set up your contracts and help to resolve any disputes that may arise:
- Regulatory bodies and legal compliance.
- Investors and partnerships.
- Commercial and retail leasing landlords.
- Staff and third-party vendors.
- Business and property realtors.
If you are a new business owner or startup, consulting with a lawyer and getting a free quote is a great way to learn about commercial law and the rules and regulations surrounding your type of business.
Commercial litigation lawyer vs corporate lawyer
A commercial litigation lawyer can help you to resolve disputes and litigate on a broad range of business issues, including:
- Consumer law
- Competition law
- Contract law
- Intellectual property
- International trade law
- Labour law
- Property law
In comparison, a corporate lawyer helps to structure and form a company. They set up the company's rules of governance and put protocols in place for the running of the day-to-day business.
What does a commercial litigation lawyer help with?
A commercial litigation lawyer helps their clients to resolve and mitigate any disputes or challenges arising from their working relationships. They can help to update existing legal documents so they are compliant, and make amendments to resolve any disputes. A commercial litigation lawyer can assist you with many financial areas of your business, including:
- Commerce law
- Trade law
- Property law
- Sales and merchandising laws
- Taxation legislation
- Industrial relations legislation
- Economic and legal disputes
- Contract law
- Intellectual property law
- Data protection law
- Employment law
- Corporate law
They do not help with:
- Workers compensation
- Criminal law
- Personal injury
How effective is a commercial litigation lawyer?
A commercial lawyer is expert at resolving disputes and litigating on your behalf before a tribunal. They can be a valuable asset to your company and save you from getting sued. Getting professional advice from a lawyer is the best way to protect your business from litigation, while observing the laws.
Do I need a commercial litigation lawyer for my business in Australia?
If you have a contractual dispute or someone has served you with papers, you will need a commercial litigation to fight your case in court. They can help you resolve disputes and avoid unnecessary legal fees.
Here is a list of services that we found in our search for a commercial litigation lawyer:
- Corporate and personal bankruptcy
- Building and construction law
- Building and construction disputes
- Home building law
- Personal and business debt recovery
- Insurance law advisory
- Banking and finance litigation
- Breach of contract disputes
- Leasing, business and property disputes
- Product liability and consumer claims
- Personal property securities
- Alternative dispute resolution including mediation, conciliation and arbitration (including representation)
- Partnership disputes
- Franchising disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Employee disputes
- Competition and consumer law
- Corporate crime (white collar crime)
How do I request a free quote for a commercial litigator?
When you're sending your request for a commercial litigation quote, all you have to do is find an online legal website, fill out the request form and wait to be contacted. Whether it's a general consultation or a particular document you want to discuss, it's a quick and easy process to request a free quote. Many online legal platforms also offer fixed-fee quotes.
What to think about before getting free commercial litigation lawyer quotes
Some law firms will offer free quotes for commercial litigation lawyer services. Here's what you should consider before you ask for a quote:
- Do you have a dispute with one of your stakeholders that needs legal resolution?
- Do you have all your paperwork in order (contracts, leases, policies)?
- Do you have a budget in mind for legal representation?
- Do you already have a lawyer?
- If you need face-to-face time, is the litigation lawyer local?
- How much do they charge for travel and expenses?
- Do they work on a fixed fee or hourly?
- What's involved in the legal process and how long does it take?
You can also consider comparing the below online legal services for other related legal services:
- Lawpath offers three free proposals from their lawyer marketplace when you create an account with them. It gives you the opportunity to compare lawyers before you hire one and contacting them is easy, just call or chat directly from your account.
- LegalVision offers a monthly membership for $199 that gives small to medium businesses unlimited access to free downloads of legal document templates and access to free quotes from their team of online lawyers.
Ask an Expert