Feature packed cover which includes optional winter and adventure sports packs, plus access to a 24/7 worldwide assistance hotline
When you have the opportunity to travel, you want to make sure you are getting the most out of your trip. One constant concern when travelling is money. Do I have enough? Will I be able to make the most out of my trip? What most people don’t consider are ancillary costs that arise due to unforeseen events such as hospital bills. An ideal way to make sure your trip doesn’t leave you vulnerable to unexpected financial issues is to add travel insurance to your list of packing essentials.
Travel insurance can protect you and your travel plans whether you are heading interstate or overseas. Unfortunately, it is easy to neglect travel insurance as just another expense when you are planning a trip.
Travel insurance is an investment in your plans, your peace of mind and your happiness. Some of the most common types of travel insurance claims include:
- paying cancellation fees and losing deposits when travel plans are disrupted
- losing baggage on a flight or in transit
- having to pay for damage to a rental vehicle
- additional expenses associated with medical issues which occur while away from home
- additional expenses associated with a delay in travel plans.
When you have travel insurance, you feel protected against unexpected events. Columbus Direct Basic travel insurance includes cover for:
- medical expenses
- cancellation fees
- your luggage and personal items
- your cash and travel documents
- travel delays, including missed flights or connections
- legal expenses and personal liability
- the waiver of a collision damage excess for rental vehicles.
What Does the Columbus Direct Basic Policy Cover?
Columbus Direct offer standard and premium cover, which allows you to pick cover to suit your circumstances. You also have the option to add extra features to your Columbus Direct Basic travel insurance.
For example, international cover with Columbus Direct includes:
- emergency medical assistance anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day
- cover for medical expenses incurred overseas, including emergency repatriation and dental expenses
- cover for cancellation expenses or costs you incur because your trip is cut short
- cover for personal items and luggage, including individual cover amount for nominated valuables, personal computers, video recorders or cameras
- benefit if your baggage is delayed
- cover in case your money and travel documents are lost or stolen, including an individual cover limit for cash amounts
- personal accident benefit
- personal liability cover and a benefit for legal advice and expenses
- daily hospital cash allowance
- benefit if your trip if delayed or abandoned
- cover in case you miss your departure
- cover if you are required to pay a rental vehicle excess
- daily cover amount in the event of a hijacking.
If you are travelling within Australia you can choose the domestic cover option from Columbus Direct, which includes:
- emergency medical assistance 24 hours a day when travelling
- cover for cancellation fees or the costs of curtailing your trip
- cover for your personal baggage, individual valuables and personal computers, video recorders and cameras
- benefit paid if your personal cash or travel documents are lost or stolen
- benefit if you suffer an injury or death as the result of an accident on your trip
- personal liability cover and a benefit amount to cover legal advice and expenses
- cover for a delayed or abandoned trip
- benefit paid if you miss the departure of your travel service
- cover for the rental vehicle excess if your rental vehicle is stolen or damaged
- daily hijack benefit amount.
Columbus Direct Basic Policy Worldwide Assistance
Columbus Direct is a leading travel insurer dedicated to making it easy and affordable to protect your family and your travel plans. Columbus Direct products and services have been recognised by their outstanding value on their international travel insurance.
Columbus Direct was established in the UK in 1998, and remains dedicated to delivering the best value insurance products to customers in Australia, South Africa and the UK. Columbus Direct was the first company to sell travel insurance direct to their customers, effectively cutting out agent fee. This means you are saving up to 60% by working a direct insurer like Columbus.
Columbus Direct has an in house call centre in Sydney staffed with insurance experts to help you with your questions or process your application over the phone. As a Columbus Direct customer you then have access to a medical emergency assistance helpline, professionally staffed to assist with your emergency around the clock, anywhere in the world.
Columbus Direct Basic Policy Options
With your Columbus Direct Basic travel insurance policy you can enjoy an affordable and easy to understand policy, which covers you for all of the most common travelling risks. However, if you have specific requirements for policy, or are planning specific activities for your trip, Columbus Direct allows you to add extra cover.
To the domestic travel insurance policy, Columbus Direct gives you the option to add:
- Winter sports cover. This feature includes cover for piste closure, and a daily benefit. You’ll receive a benefit if you suffer a delay on your holiday due to weather conditions. Your ski equipment, and ski hire will also be covered.
- The adventure pack. In addition to the extras available on the domestic travel policy, you can also add the following features to your international travel insurance with Columbus Direct:
- pregnancy extension
- cover for pre-existing medical conditions
Travel insurance is a basic necessity when you are setting off on a family holiday, overseas adventure or work travel commitment. Therefore, make some time in your travel planning to consider the benefits and features of the Columbus Direct Basic policy, as a reliable and helpful travelling companion, which can assist you with many of the most common travel disruptions, and smooth them out into a mere blip on your itinerary.