Columbus Direct Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance is ideal for frequent travellers who want to save money on their travel insurance.
Travel is a dream for many Australians and today, discount flights and holiday packages have made travel more accessible than ever. But you need to protect that dream, which is why taking out travel insurance is a must. There are various policies available and if you are planning on taking off on more than one trip this year, then you may want to consider an annual multi-trip policy. Choosing annual multi-trip travel insurance means you don’t need to apply for travel insurance each time you set out on a trip during the year, saving you time and money.
The Columbus Direct Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance policy covers you for both domestic and international trips over a 12-month period, for all trips of more than two days and less than 60. The policy includes cover for domestic trips as long as you're travelling more than 500km from your home and staying 2 or more nights in third-party accommodation. You can choose multi-trip cover from Columbus Direct as a single, couple or family policy. When you travel under the protection of Columbus Direct Travel Insurance, your policy is underwritten by Lloyd’s, a world leading specialist in the insurance market.
Compare multi-trip policies from Columbus Direct
Who underwrites Columbus Direct Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance?
Columbus Direct Annual Multi-Trip is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's of London. Columbus Direct Travel Insurance Pty Limited authorised to provide general financial product advice and deal in general insurance products. Columbus Direct is authorised by them, under binder agreement, to arrange, issue, vary and cancel these products on their behalf.
What does the policy cover?
The Columbus Direct Annual Multi-Trip policy offers you travel insurance for an unlimited number of overseas and domestic trips each year. Each of these trips can be a maximum of 60 days. Policies are available in single, couple or family cover. If you take out couple or family cover, two adults covered by the same policy receive a 30% discount.
The benefits included in the Columbus Direct Annual Multi-Trip policy include:
- a 24 hour medical emergency helpline where you can organise emergency medical treatment
- cover for medical expenses and emergency repatriation up to $20 million, including travel and accommodation costs for a friend or family to stay with you or escort you home
- cover for the loss of deposits and payments made if your plans are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
- protection of your personal baggage in case of loss, theft or damage, plus cover for the replacement costs of necessities in delayed baggage
- up to $3,000 cover in the event of the theft, loss or damage of personal money or travel documents, excluding credit cards
- a lump sum personal accident benefit payable if within 12 months, you die or suffer a loss of sight, limbs or permanent disablement as the result of an accidental bodily injury sustained while travelling
- cover for legal liability if you cause accidental injury to a person or damage another person’s property
- legal advice and expenses cover for the costs associated with legal proceedings for compensation and/or damages in the event you are injured or die
- a daily cash allowance if you are hospitalised for more than 24 hours
- a cash benefit to cover additional expenses associated with a delay of at least six hours with your scheduled carrier
- cover for reasonable additional travel and accommodation costs if you miss a departure or connection on your booked trip due to circumstances such as mechanical issues or failure of public transport
- payment of your rental vehicle excess if the vehicle is accidentally or maliciously damaged, lost, or stolen
- pays a daily cash benefit if your transport is hijacked for more than 24 hours
- cover for additional travel and accommodation expenses if you are forced to relocate due to a specific catastrophe such as flood, tsunami or epidemic
- free cover (excluding pre-existing conditions) for up to three dependent children between 2 and 18 years old, and up to two dependent infants between zero and under 2 years old when named in the policy and travelling with their parent or grandparent
- a 19 day cooling off period after purchasing the policy, during which you can cancel the policy if you are unhappy with the cover and receive a full refund, as long as you haven’t made a claim, or started your trip.
Worldwide assistance features
When you are travelling it is easy to feel alone and lost in the world, if you don’t speak the language, don’t know the customs or simply don’t know how to get to the train station. That is why the peace of mind that comes with the protection of travel insurance is so valuable because if disaster strikes, you won’t be alone.
As a Columbus Direct travel insurance customer, you will have access to a professional 24/7 medical emergency assistance helpline, wherever you are in the world.
Columbus Direct makes it easy to apply for travel insurance. The Annual Multi-Trip policy is available for those under 70 years of age and for those who have been an Australian resident for at least three months. The application takes just five minutes and can be completed online or over the phone, via a direct Australian call centre.
The Columbus Direct Annual Multi-Trip plan is ideal if you travel more than once a year, as you don’t need to apply for insurance each time you set off, and can save on purchasing multiple policies. The Columbus Direct Annual Multi-Trip policy provides:
- an unlimited number of trips covered
- each trip being a maximum of 60 days
- choice of Worldwide cover, or Worldwide cover excluding Canada and the USA
- cover for between one and eight people on the policy, and a 30% discount for two or more adult travellers
- up to five dependent children can travel with you for free
You can also purchase additional cover for Winter Sports Cover and the Adventure Pack.
If you are lucky enough to travel more than once a year, domestically or internationally, you will likely develop some packing tips and time-saving hints. You’ll also know that even the most carefully orchestrated plans can sometimes encounter disaster, so if you are a frequent traveller, don’t forget to look at adding Columbus Direct Annual Multi-Trip insurance to your emergency kit.