The Collins Securities Specialist Variable Home Loan is competitively priced and can provide a great way to purchase a home or investment property if you have bad credit.
Collins Home Loans now a mortgage broker
Collins Securities has rebranded themselves as Collins Home Loans and no longer offers home loan products directly but still offers great advice and home loan options for all Australians.
The Collins Securities Specialist Variable home loan is designed to make your dream of owning a home a reality even if your credit history is holding you back. The loan offers you a simple way to access funding without having to pay for extra features you don’t need.
With a flexible interest structure and suitable term that can be adjusted to suit your needs, this loan enables you to purchase that home or investment property you have always wanted, at a competitive rate. Learn more about this home loan below to see if it could work for you.
Things to consider about the Collins Securities Specialist Variable Home Loan
Most regular banks have a strict lending criteria which makes it hard for those with negative marks on their credit file to qualify for a loan. The Collins Securities Specialist Variable Home Loan offers home loans to those with bad credit provided they can provide an explanation of the credit issues and evidence that they’ve paid any defaults. The Specialist Variable Home Loan is offered Australia-wide and is available to trusts, companies, individuals and even the self-employed. Access to your redraw funds can be completed through the internet for free.
Features of the Collins Securities Specialist Variable Home Loan
- Additional repayments. You can make additional repayments on your home loan at any time and can choose between making repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Redraw availability. You can redraw all additional repayments on your Collins Securities Specialist Variable home loan at any time you need money in the future. There are no redraw fees if you redraw online using the available online management feature. You can also access your redraw funds via BPay, or via debit cards using ATMs and EFTPOS.
- Loan term and loan size. The maximum you can borrow on a Collins Securities Specialist Variable Home Loan is on a loan term of up to 30 years. The minimum amount on the loan is at up to LVR.
- Loan structure. The Collins Securities Specialist Variable home loan has a variable interest rate with the option to get limited cash out and make interest-only payments for a period of between one and five years, after which repayments revert to interest and principal.
Fees you can avoid
- Early repayment fees. You will be able to make additional repayments on your Collins Securities Specialist Variable home loan at any time without paying any fees.
- Redraw fees. These fees are usually charged every time you draw funds from your extra repayments. To avoid paying these fees, redraw online for free.
Fees you can’t avoid
- Application fee. . This loan carries an establishment fee of $600 that goes into setting up the mortgage account and the documentation required.
- Settlement fee. . This fee is charged to cover the cost of making your funds available.
- Title insurance fee. .
How to apply for the Collins Securities Specialist Variable home loan
If you’d like to apply for this home loan, please speak to a mortgage broker by filling in the form on this page.
Please note that you must fulfil the following eligibility requirements so as to be approved for the home loan. You must:
- Be over the age of 18
- Be an Australian citizen currently residing in Australia
Please also ensure that you have the following supporting documents ready and forward them with your application form:
- Your name and contact details
- Evidence of how much you earn and the name of your employer
With the Collins Securities Specialist Variable Home Loan, you get a competitively priced product with basic features and the flexibility to make additional repayments when you want. Read more about this product and compare it to other variable home loans on finder.com.au.