Earn flybuys points and pay no international transaction fees on purchases with the Coles Rewards Mastercard.
Earn flybuys points faster with 2 points for every $1 you spend on the Coles Rewards Mastercard. This is in addition to flybuys points that are earned with flybuys partners. The Coles Rewards Mastercard also features a low annual fee of $99 and offers no foreign transaction fees for overseas and online purchases, which makes it a worthy companion to help save on fees when travelling.
|Product Name||Coles Rewards Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (19.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||100% (if <$30) or varies (if >$30)|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||$1.95 (if <$65.00) or 3% (if >$65.00)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$10|
- Earn 2 flybuys points for every $1 spent.
- You can enjoy an interest-free period of up to 55 days on purchases.
- This card allows you to have an additional cardholder at no extra charge.
- The $99 annual fee is relatively high for a standard credit card.
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||2|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of the Coles Rewards Mastercard
The Coles Rewards Mastercard comes with its share of benefits, and here’s what you can look forward to as a cardholder:
- Rewards program. The Coles Rewards Mastercard offers 2 flybuys points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. Enjoy $10 off any Coles Supermarket shop after redeeming 2,000 flybuys points. Flybuys points can also be redeemed for a range of merchandise and do not expire if you redeem or earn points at least once every 12 months.
- No international transaction fees. 0% on purchases (2.5% fee for cash withdrawals) .
- Up to 55 interest-free days. Coles Rewards Mastercard offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases as long as the balance is paid in full each statement cycle. This allows you to use the card and earn valuable points while minimising interest costs.
- Card security. Mastercard’s zero liability policy works in providing that added peace of mind with a 100% guarantee.
Features of the Coles Rewards Mastercard
The Coles Rewards Mastercard comes with a number of features, including:
- Annual fee. The Coles Rewards Mastercard $99 annual fee is charged on the date of your first purchase and on every year afterwards.
- Mastercard PayPass. Tap and go at the checkout to make contactless payments for purchases under $100. For purchase amounts over $100, you’ll need to key in your PIN number.
- Free Delivery on Coles online. This applies to any single purchase from Coles online when you spend $100 or more with your Coles Rewards Mastercard.
- Coles Mobile Wallet App. This free app for Android and iPhone allows you to manage your account and flybuys points 24/7.
How to apply for the Coles Rewards Mastercard
Applying for the Coles Rewards Mastercard is easy. You can apply for this credit card by completing and submitting the secure online application. Before you do, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- Be a permanent Australian resident.
- You don’t have poor credit rating.
- Must have after-tax income of at least $25,000 p.a.
- Your complete name, date of birth, relationship status, and number of dependents
- Personal identification eg. an Australian driver's license
- Your email address, phone number, residential address, and residential status
- Your employer’s name, address, and phone number
- Details of your income from all sources and expenses, which include all outstanding debts
- Your current flybuys number (if you have one)
Anyone who frequently shops at Coles can benefit by getting the Coles Rewards Mastercard, but you should establish at the onset if you’ll make more through rewards than the $99 p.a. you end up paying in annual fees. Being able to redeem your flybuys points when you shop at Coles is a definite plus, as is the fact that you can get free delivery through Coles online. What also helps is that you can get up to 55 interest free-days on purchases. Bear in mind that this is not the only Coles or rewards credit card, so compare your options before you apply.