The Coles Reloadable Card is a prepaid debit card that gives you the same buying advantages as a MasterCard, yet without accumulating interest. Linked to the flybuys program, you can earn points on your card, to redeem for rewards and discounts off your shopping. Manage your everyday purchases, whether it be in person or online.
Your purchases work could towards real money off of your Coles Supermarket bill using flybuys dollars.
Important InformationColes Reloadable Mastercard is no longer available to new customers. Existing customers will not be affected by this change.
What are the features of the Coles Reloadable Card?
You will find that with the Coles Reloadable Card, you get many of the same benefits found with any credit card plus a few more:
- Maximum amount. There is a maximum of that you can have loaded onto your prepaid card at any one time.
- Top ups. A maximum of $500 may be added to the card monthly, and you may not exceed $6,000 in a 365 day period. There is a minimum of $10 allowed with topping off, which can be done online or by a direct transfer from your bank account.
- Fees. You are charged a onetime fee of when you purchase the card, but will not be charged for adding any funds. There is also a $5 fee if you need to have your prepaid card replaced.
- Online management. You can check your balance and transactions for free online.
- Currency Conversion fee. There is a 3% charge of the Australian dollar amount for any transaction that requires currency conversion.
- Flybuys. As a condition of purchasing a Coles Reloadable Card you must be an existing member of the flybuys program or agree to become one. Your flybuy number will be embedded on the back of your card, allowing you to earn extra points easily when you shop with any of the flybuy partners. That includes Coles Supermarkets, Kmart, Target and others.
Does Coles offer credit cards?
Coles offers three types of Mastercard credit cards including:
- Low rate credit card
- No annual fee credit card
- Rewards credit card
These cards are ideal if you regularly shop at Coles as they offer rewards and benefits for doing so. You can find out more and compare your options on Coles Credit Card promotions pages.
- Points earning. For every two dollars spent shopping in Australia you will receive one flybuy point. Overseas purchases earn you one point for every dollar spent.
- Points redemption. For every 2,000 flybuys earned you will instantly get $10 off of your Coles Supermarket bill.
- Tap and go. Mastercard included the tap and go feature, which allows you to pay for purchases under $100 without swiping your card.
- Cash withdrawals. This prepaid card also allows for you to make cash withdrawals at any ATM where Mastercard or Cirrus is accepted. Other fees may be charged by the ATM provider.
- Expiry. The Coles Reloadable Card will expire after two years. Any balance left on it at that time will not be refundable.
What should you look out for?
- Call Centre fees. You will be charged $4 for each call that you make into the support centre to speak with a representative. In addition, you are charged $0.50 each time you call in to check on your balance.
How do I purchase a Coles Reloadable Card?
There are no credit checks with a prepaid credit card, and no application process.
To be eligible you must be an Australian resident who is at least 16 years of age.
In addition, you will need to be an existing flybuys member or agree to becoming one. The card can be purchased and loaded online using a Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card, and will be sent to the address you provide within three to five business days. You will then need to activate it online before you can begin using it.
What happens after?
There is a pin number on the back of each card which you will need in order to make purchases at an EFTPOS. Simply hit the credit option and enter your pin when prompted in order for the transaction to be accepted. For online or over the phone purchases you will need to provide the card number, expiry date and CVC which is found on the back of the card.