Earn flybuys points as you shop and take control of your spending without a credit check with the Coles Reloadable Mastercard.
The Coles Reloadable Mastercard is a prepaid card that gives you the ability to stay in control of your spending. Since this is not a credit card, there is no credit check involved as part of the application process. You have to pay a nominal one-time fee to get this card, and it does not charge any load fees or monthly fees. This card comes linked to the flybuys rewards program, so you can look forward to earning flybuys points each time you use your card to make a purchase.
Coles Reloadable Mastercard review
If you’re looking for the convenience that comes with paying on plastic but don’t want to get a credit card, you can consider getting a prepaid card like the Coles Reloadable Mastercard. You can add funds to this card as you like, and given its Mastercard connect, you can use it worldwide.
This card gives you the ability to earn flybuys points, and you can accumulate points faster when you use it overseas or at select partner merchants. While you have the option of redeeming your points as cash when shopping at Coles Supermarkets, you can also choose from a host of other rewards through the flybuys website.
Benefits of Coles Reloadable Mastercard
This prepaid card offers a number of benefits, including the following:
- Global acceptance. To use this card, all you have to do is look for the Mastercard logo at EFTPOS terminals or ATMs internationally. You can also use this prepaid Mastercard to pay bills and make purchases online and over the phone.
- Rewards. You earn one flybuys point for every two dollars you spend in Australia and one flybuys point for every dollar you spend overseas. When you use this card to shop at flybuys partners, you get to earn even more points. You can convert your flybuys points to flybuys dollars, which you can use to shop at merchants like Coles, Target, Kmart, and First Choice Liquor. You can also opt for gift cards, vouchers, Velocity Points and a range of merchandise.
- No credit checks. If you don’t have good creditworthiness, or if you don’t want to go through a credit check for any other reason, getting the Coles Reloadable card makes sense. This is simply because getting this card does not involve any kind of credit, and so, there’s no credit check to worry about.
Coles Reloadable Mastercard features
Pay attention to the following if you plan to get this prepaid Mastercard:
- Fees. You have to pay a one-time $10 fee to get this card. Then, you can load it for free whenever you like, and you don’t have to pay any ongoing account keeping fees.
- Loading your card. You can load your card with a minimum of $10 and up to a maximum of $1,000. The first time you load your card, you cannot load more than $100. While the initial limit of the card is $1,000 the card provider might give you the ability to increase the same to $10,000.
- One card, not two. This prepaid card comes with your unique flybuys barcode, so you don’t have to carry a separate flybuys card.
- Mastercard Contactless. This technology enables you to use your card to make contactless payments for purchases less than $100.
- Mastercard SecureCode. This online program offers extra security when the details of your card make it to the online world. Upon detecting high-risk transactions, the program asks for answers to personal questions in order to proceed.
- Zero liability. The Mastercard Zero Liability Policy ensures you don’t have to take responsibility for unauthorised or fraudulent transactions made using your card, provided you use your card responsibly.
How to apply for the Coles Reloadable Mastercard
You can get a new Coles Reloadable Mastercard online. Bear in mind you have to meet the following eligibility criteria to get this card, though:
- You’re at least 16 years old
- You’re a resident of Australia
- You’re an existing flybuys program member or agree to become one
To complete the application, prepare to provide the following details:
- Your complete name and your date of birth
- Your residential address, phone number, and email address
- Details from an identification document like a driver’s license, passport, or Medicare card
If you’re looking for a prepaid card, the Coles Reloadable Mastercard and the ability to earn flybuys points as you spend could be of interest. However, as there are other prepaid debit cards available on the market, you should compare your options before applying.Back to top