The Coles Online MasterCard works mostly online, giving you the same power to purchase as a MasterCard credit card does. The big difference is that this virtual card is prepaid, which means no interest charges on your purchases.
Purchase and load this card online, and start shopping in just five minutes.
What are the features of the Coles Online MasterCard?
This prepaid card differs greatly from your typical credit card, yet still is able to provide you with some of the same features and benefits:
- Balance limit. You can preload your Online MasterCard with up to $1,000.
- Credit card acceptance. This virtual card is a MasterCard and can be used anywhere online that accepts MasterCard as a form of payment.
- Gifting. You can send this card to a friend over the internet, along with a personalised message.
- Where it can be used. This card is not a card at all, but rather an online credit account which can only be used to make purchases over the phone or through the internet.
- Activation. The prepaid credit card is made available to you approximately five minutes after it has been loaded.
- Account management. Coles has an online hub where you can view your account transactions and balance at any time.
- Fees. There is a $5 purchase fee for the virtual card as well as for an upgrade. In addition you are charged $4 for calls to the support centre and $0.50 for each balance inquiry made over the phone.
- Interest. You do not accumulate interest on purchases made with the Coles Online MasterCard.
- Expiry. The Coles Online MasterCard expires after 12 months, with any funds left forfeited.
- Currency conversion. Any purchase made that requires currency conversion will be charged 3% of the Australian dollar amount.
- Upgrade. You are allowed to upgrade your Online MasterCard to a reloadable one for a $5 fee. You will then be issued a card in the mail that can be used online or in stores to make purchases.
How can I get a Coles Online MasterCard?
There are no restrictions for whom can purchase an Online MasterCard, so long as you live in Australia and have a Visa or MasterCard debit or credit card to pay for it. From the Coles website you will buy the card and load it with money that is deducted from your nominated account. Within five minutes you should receive an email that gives you the details needed to activate the card and use it when making online or over the phone purchases.