Coles Mobile expands prepaid offerings with 28 day deals
Coles Mobile is stepping into the nearly-monthly prepaid business with new $20 and $40 recharges.
Coles Mobile has long had an unusual positioning in the Australian mobile market, thanks to plans that were best suited to very short term prepaid users. It has today announced two new, slightly higher priced prepaid plans that extend that expiry period out to 28 days.
With the exception of February, 28 days isn’t quite a monthly plan, which can have consequences over the span of a year, as you end up spending almost an entire extra recharge to cover the same period. It’s a trend we’re seeing more of in the prepaid space, however, with most large players flipping from 30 day to 28 day expiry periods.
In terms of inclusions, both the $20 and $40 Coles recharges include unlimited standard national talk and text. In data terms the $20 plan scores you 2GB of quota while the $40 bounces that up to 7GB. The $40 recharge also has a slight play towards customers who want to make international calls, with 250 included minutes of calls to China, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, UK, USA, Singapore, and South Korea per recharge.
- Telstra 1-day sale: $400 off Samsung Z Fold 3, new S21 FE and more
- Telstra’s giving you 12 months free of Disney Plus: Here’s how
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE: Best prices + plans from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone
- Hottest phone deals in 2022: Samsung S21 FE, S22 and more
- Telstra Boxing Day sale: $1 NBN + free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate