Coles Gift Mastercard
A Coles Gift Mastercard is a flexible gift voucher that lets your recipient shop for what they want, wherever they want.
The Coles Gift Mastercard is a prepaid credit product that allows you the same accessibility as a regular Mastercard, without having to apply for one. Simply purchase one in-store at Coles, load it with money from your bank account and get virtually unlimited buying power around the world.
What are the features of the Coles Gift Mastercard?
Although not your typical credit card, there are still some features of the Coles Gift Mastercard you will be interested in:
- Load amount. The prepaid Gift Mastercard can be loaded with up to $1,000 at a time.
- Credit card logo. This card has the Mastercard logo, allowing it to be used at over 38 million locations around the world and online.
- Overseas use. You can use this card to make purchases when travelling overseas.
- Security. The card is not activated until you or your recipient receive it in the mail and activate it online. In addition, there is a pin on the back which you must enter when making a purchase.
- Account management. You can track your balance and transactions online, much like you do with your regular debit card.
- No interest. You are not charged any interest on your purchases.
- Fees. There is a card purchase fee of $5, plus a replacement fee for the same amount if you lose your card.
- Currency conversion fee. If you make any purchase that requires the conversion of currency, you will be charged 3% of the Australian dollar amount.
- Phone service. If you use phone service for any transaction that can be done online, you will be charged a fee. This includes $4 for talking with a customer support centre consultant and $0.50 for checking your balance over the phone.
- Expiry. The Coles Gift Mastercard expires after 12 months. Any balance is forfeited and nonrefundable.
- Upgrade. At any time before the expiry date, you can pay $5 and upgrade the Gift Mastercard to a reloadable prepaid card.