Find straightforward life insurance you can count on with ClearView.
Life insurance may not seem like such a straightforward financial product, but this fact should not deter you from making sure that there's protection in place for your loved one.
It is important to remember that not all life insurance policies are the same, nor are the insurance providers in terms of care and service. Therefore, it is important to take the time to carefully consider all of your life insurance options to ensure that they suit your needs. You may want to consider ClearView LifeSolutions Life Cover policy, which provides your family with a lump sum benefit if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness, and offers cover until you are 99 years old, up to a maximum benefit amount of your choice.
What does the policy cover?
To determine whether ClearView life insurance policy is suitable for your needs and personal circumstances, consider the benefits that you can obtain with this cover:
- Lump sum benefit: If you pass away or have been diagnosed with a terminal illness, your nominated beneficiaries will receive the benefit amount from your ClearView life insurance policy as a lump sum payment, so they can use the money in any way they need to. This means they can make a lump sum payment to clear the mortgage, use some of the benefit to pay immediate funeral or medical expenses, or invest the amount to provide an ongoing income.
- Flexible cover amount: The minimum cover amount you can apply for is $50,000. The maximum amount you can apply for is determined by your financial position and your personal circumstance, to ensure the benefit amount reflects your family’s financial needs if you’re no longer able to provide for them.
- Packaged cover: You can choose to take out just life insurance from ClearView, or compliment this policy with total and permanent disability coverage, or by adding trauma cover, or by adding both extras.
- Add to your cover: For an extra cost, you can add several more options to suit your circumstances, such as a Disability Premium Waiver Option, or a Business Guarantee Option.
- Guaranteed renewable: Your policy will be renewed each year and cannot be cancelled regardless of any changes in your health occupation or pastimes, provided that your premiums are paid when due.
- Option to hold your cover inside superannuation: ClearView allows you to purchase a life insurance policy and keep on top of your premiums through the balance in your super.
What other features are available?
Life Insurance Cover from ClearView is equipped with a number of different built-in Features that can provide you and your family with comprehensive protection that you deserve. These include and not limited to:
- Funeral Advancement Benefit: ClearView will advance your family $15,000 at the time of a claim to help with the immediate costs of a funeral and other final expenses. The benefit amount will then be reduced by this advance amount when it is paid.
- Grief Support Benefit: You or your family members can be reimbursed for the cost of up to four hours of grief counselling in the event of your death or diagnosis with a terminal illness. The maximum amount for the grief benefit is $1,000 for each insured person.
- Life Cover Buy Back: If you have chosen to link Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Cover or Trauma Cover with Life Cover, this benefit allows you to reinstate the Life Cover benefit amount that was reduced by a full TPD or Trauma Cover benefit payment.
- Indexation Benefit: When you take out Life Cover, you calculate the benefit amount based on the financial needs of your family. However, the cost of living inevitably increases each year, so the amount you choose now, may not be sufficient in 20, 30 or 40 years time when your family may need to make a claim. That is why ClearView will automatically increase your benefit amount each subject to a minimum increase of 5% p.a. to keep it in line with inflation, to ensure your benefit maintains real value and keeps pace with the cost of living.
Be aware of exclusions
Your ClearView LifeSolutions Life Cover claim will not be paid if your death is caused by suicide or any intentional self-inflicted act within 13 months of:
- The cover start date;
- An increase in the benefit amount you are entitled to receive; or
- The date on which cover was reinstated
In addition, no benefit will be paid for anything specifically excluded in your policy certificate.
Am I eligible to apply for the policy?
- You can apply for ClearView LifeSolutions Life Cover if you are between 18 to 75 years old and if you choose a stepped premium structure
- If you are looking to apply for level premium structure, you are eligible if you are between the age of 18 and 60
- Your cover will continue until the policy anniversary immediately after your 99th birthday