Get comprehensive cover for accidental death with ClearView
Are you one of those people who are prone to accidents? From minor incidents to events that could potentially get you hurt, you may consider these accidents were due to your lack of coordination or carelessness. It is important to put into perspective that even though you feel like they’re always happening to you – they can happen to anyone, at any time.
No one in this life is immune to accidents, and therefore, it is important to have a protection in place for you and your loved ones should anything happen to you. With ClearView LifeSolutions Accidental Death Cover, you have the ability to protect your family financially should you pass away unexpectedly as a result of an accident, allowing you to have the peace of mind of your family's wellbeing.
What does the policy cover?
ClearView LifeSolutions Accidental Death Cover provides your family with a lump sum benefit payment in the event that you pass away due to an accident. With Accidental Death Cover in place, your loved ones won't have to go through the financial hardship from the loss of income if you are the breadwinner of the family. Your financial dependents are enabled to take care of any ongoing living costs, settle any outstanding debts and afford final expenses such as funeral costs or medical bills.
Some of the key features and benefits that you can find from Accidental Death Cover include:
- Your choice of cover amount: You can nominate the amount of cover you would like to apply for with a minimum benefit of $50,000 to any amount as you see fit with your personal and financial circumstances.
- Grief Support Benefit: Your immediate family members can benefit from the grief support feature from ClearView, in which the costs from grief counselling sessions will be reimbursed for up to $1,000.
- Indexation Benefit: Your benefit amount will be automatically increased each year in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) or to a minimum of 5%, so that your policy can keep up with rising living costs and inflation.
- Financial Advice Benefit: ClearView will cover the cost of using the service of a financial adviser of up to $2,000 to prepare a financial advice, following the benefit payment of your Accidental Death Cover policy.
- Suspending Cover Benefit: You can apply to put your premiums and policy cover on hold for 12 months if you are going through financial hardship, unemployed or taking extended leave from work.
- Guaranteed renewable: Your policy will be renewed every year and cannot be cancelled regardless of any changes to your health, occupation or pastimes, as long as you pay your premiums when due.
- Worldwide cover:With ClearView Accidental Death Cover, you will have access to full coverage no matter where you are in the world, 24 hours 7 days a week.
- Combined cover options: You can choose to take out Accidental Death Cover in a linked policy with Accidental Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Cover. The benefit amount of your Accidental TPD Cover cannot be greater than the amount you choose for your Accidental Death Cover.
Who can apply for cover?
When you are applying for ClearView LifeSolutions Accidental Death Cover, you are not required to undertake any blood or medical tests. If you are looking for more comprehensive cover, you can utilise your Accidental Death Cover insurance as a complementary cover for your existing Life Cover.
You can apply for ClearView Accidental Death Cover if you are 18 to 75 years old, and your cover will continue until the policy anniversary immediately after your 99th birthday.
Accidents occur all the time in our everyday lives, and accidental death is a reality you should be prepared for. While you can’t stop the accident from happening, but you can minimise its financial impact if it does.
What won't be covered?
Like with any form of life insurance, there are circumstances where ClearView LifeSolutions Accidental Death Cover policy will not pay a benefit. These include:
- claims related to the suicide or other deliberate act of self harm, regardless of whether they are sane or not at the time
- claims arising from the life insured engaging in any unlawful activity
- claims arising from the use of any drugs by the life insured, other than those that have been prescribed by a medical practitioner and taken as instructed
- if you engage in flying in any form other than as a passenger on a commercial airliner, resulting claims will not be paid
- if you participate in motor racing, parachuting, mountaineering, abseiling, scuba diving deeper than 40 metres, cave diving or wreck diving, claims resulting from this will not be paid
- claims arising from war will not be paid, unless you are serving in the armed forces or as a police officer
- your policy will not pay a benefit if you die as a result of working underground, working at a height of 20 metres or above or diving to depths greater than 40 metres
- working offshore on an oil rig or using explosives will also exclude you from cover
- exclusions also apply to the Motor Vehicle Accident Benefit. For example, if the motor vehicle you were travelling in was in an unsafe condition or being used in a race, no benefit would be paid.
For full details on policy exclusions, make sure to read the product disclosure statement.