Classic Capcom arcade game Puzzle Fighter is going mobile
Street-fighters meet gem-matchers in this much-loved puzzle game.
Released way back in 1996, the original Puzzle Fighter (technically Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo) was a massive success for Capcom. Mashing up the gem-matching action of Puyo Puyo with characters from Capcom fighting games like Street Fighter and Darkstalkers, Puzzle Fighter stood out from other puzzle games at the time thanks to its distinct look and its unique character abilities.
After bringing Puzzle Fighter back in HD form on Xbox 360 and PS3, Capcom is staging a second encore for the game on iOS and Android devices later this year. A new visual style and additional features will mark the game's portable debut, with new characters like Frank West from Dead Rising and X from Mega Man joining the roster.
Puzzle Fighter will release as a free-to-play title in late 2017.
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale
- GAMDIAS ACHILLES M1-L gaming chair review
- Why Far Cry needs another double dose of malaria
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports