Classic Capcom arcade game Puzzle Fighter is going mobile
Street-fighters meet gem-matchers in this much-loved puzzle game.
Released way back in 1996, the original Puzzle Fighter (technically Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo) was a massive success for Capcom. Mashing up the gem-matching action of Puyo Puyo with characters from Capcom fighting games like Street Fighter and Darkstalkers, Puzzle Fighter stood out from other puzzle games at the time thanks to its distinct look and its unique character abilities.
After bringing Puzzle Fighter back in HD form on Xbox 360 and PS3, Capcom is staging a second encore for the game on iOS and Android devices later this year. A new visual style and additional features will mark the game's portable debut, with new characters like Frank West from Dead Rising and X from Mega Man joining the roster.
Puzzle Fighter will release as a free-to-play title in late 2017.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits