We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If someone has cheated you out of their contractual obligations or they have wronged you in some way, you may have a claim against them. When you request a free quote from a civil litigation lawyer, you'll find out if your claim is valid and how they can help you win your case.
In this guide we'll tell you what you need to know about civil litigation lawyers and where you can get a free quote.
Where can I find a civil litigation lawyer online?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Does your company belong in this list?
What's in this guide?
- Where can I find a civil litigation lawyer online?
- What is a civil litigation lawyer?
- When should I use a civil litigation lawyer?
- What's the difference between a civil litigation lawyer and a commercial litigation lawyer?
- What does a civil litigation lawyer do and not do?
- How effective is a civil litigation lawyer?
- Do I need a civil litigation lawyer for my business in Australia?
- Where can I get a free quote for a civil litigation lawyer?
What is a civil litigation lawyer?
A civil litigation lawyer works mainly on commercial and contract cases. They guide you through the steps necessary to bring a dispute to court and advise you of the best course of action.
If a dispute goes to court, a civil litigation lawyer will represent you in front of the judge after collecting enough relevant information to build a solid case. In short, they consult, advise and represent you during the whole litigation process.
When should I use a civil litigation lawyer?
If you have a disagreement with a third party over their contractual obligations, whether they are a business or an individual, you need a civil litigation lawyer to bring the dispute before the courts.
You may need a civil litigation lawyer in the following cases:
- Administrative disputes
- Contractor disputes
- Corporate disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Workplace and employment disputes
- Human rights disputes
- Disputes over wills and inheritance
- Property disputes
- Land disputes
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Consumer contracts
What's the difference between a civil litigation lawyer and a commercial litigation lawyer?
Civil litigation lawyers focus on disputes between people while a commercial litigation lawyer handles a company's legal matters.
Lawyers that deal in civil litigation deal with cases where there is one party seeking compensation from another. Commercial litigation cases deal with various areas of a company including contracts and business transactions.
What does a civil litigation lawyer do and not do?
- Reviewing the best course of action for each case
- Estimating the total cost to dispute
- Managing all necessary paperwork
- Representing the client through all court hearings
- Implementing orders and settlement agreements
- A civil litigation lawyer will not review cases of a criminal nature.
How effective is a civil litigation lawyer?
A civil litigation lawyer works on your behalf to bring a valid dispute before the courts. They deal with contractual and commercial law, with an end goal of winning monetary compensation for your claim.
Do I need a civil litigation lawyer for my business in Australia?
If you have a civil dispute with a third party who is under contractual obligation to you for services or goods purchased, you will need to hire a civil litigation lawyer to try your case in court. A civil litigation lawyer is your consultant and advisor in all civil disputes.
Where can I get a free quote for a civil litigation lawyer?
- Lawpath has three free proposals from their lawyer marketplace that you can access when you create an account with them. It gives you the opportunity to compare lawyers before you hire one and contacting them is easy, just call or chat directly from your account.
- Heathfield Grosvenor Lawyers offer a full range of commercial lawyer advice from advertising and marketing, commercial agreements, competition and consumer law, to trade promotions, franchising, and more. You get your first consultation free, with a fixed fee for quotes.
- LegalVision offers a monthly membership for $199 that gives small to medium businesses unlimited access to legal document templates and access to free quotes from their team of online lawyers.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Australian-owned Internet providers
Many Internet providers in Australia are Aussie-owned but you might be surprised at which ones don’t make the list.
Today’s ASX top stocks: 8Vi Holdings (8VI ↑23.6%), Avita Medical (AVH ↑12.6%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Wednesday 16 June 2021.
Introducing the Finder app
The Finder app is a powerful savings tool that tracks your money and finds you new ways to save. Download today.
Amazon Prime Day top beauty buys: 40% off FOREO, GHD, L’Oreal
From makeup to skincare to haircare, these are the hot beauty offers we're expecting to see this Prime Day.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen will square off in what's being called Termination Day.
eBay kitchen EOFY sale: 75% off with these discount codes
Score up to 75% off cookwares and kitchen appliances when you add these 'hidden' discount codes during the eBay EFOY sale.
Why did the Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) share price drop?
Shares in the beverage maker had lifted nearly 15% since February.
Amazon Prime Day: Top hacks for Australians in the 2021 sales
From when to shop to how to split the cost of your purchase, we’ve got you covered this Prime Day.
How to invest in the Charger Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Charger Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert