We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If someone has cheated you out of their contractual obligations or they have wronged you in some way, you may have a claim against them. When you request a free quote from a civil litigation lawyer, you'll find out if your claim is valid and how they can help you win your case.
In this guide we'll tell you what you need to know about civil litigation lawyers and where you can get a free quote.
Where can I find a civil litigation lawyer online?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What is a civil litigation lawyer?
A civil litigation lawyer works mainly on commercial and contract cases. They guide you through the steps necessary to bring a dispute to court and advise you of the best course of action.
If a dispute goes to court, a civil litigation lawyer will represent you in front of the judge after collecting enough relevant information to build a solid case. In short, they consult, advise and represent you during the whole litigation process.
When should I use a civil litigation lawyer?
If you have a disagreement with a third party over their contractual obligations, whether they are a business or an individual, you need a civil litigation lawyer to bring the dispute before the courts.
You may need a civil litigation lawyer in the following cases:
- Administrative disputes
- Contractor disputes
- Corporate disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Workplace and employment disputes
- Human rights disputes
- Disputes over wills and inheritance
- Property disputes
- Land disputes
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Consumer contracts
What's the difference between a civil litigation lawyer and a commercial litigation lawyer?
Civil litigation lawyers focus on disputes between people while a commercial litigation lawyer handles a company's legal matters.
Lawyers that deal in civil litigation deal with cases where there is one party seeking compensation from another. Commercial litigation cases deal with various areas of a company including contracts and business transactions.
What does a civil litigation lawyer do and not do?
- Reviewing the best course of action for each case
- Estimating the total cost to dispute
- Managing all necessary paperwork
- Representing the client through all court hearings
- Implementing orders and settlement agreements
- A civil litigation lawyer will not review cases of a criminal nature.
How effective is a civil litigation lawyer?
A civil litigation lawyer works on your behalf to bring a valid dispute before the courts. They deal with contractual and commercial law, with an end goal of winning monetary compensation for your claim.
Do I need a civil litigation lawyer for my business in Australia?
If you have a civil dispute with a third party who is under contractual obligation to you for services or goods purchased, you will need to hire a civil litigation lawyer to try your case in court. A civil litigation lawyer is your consultant and advisor in all civil disputes.
Where can I get a free quote for a civil litigation lawyer?
- Lawpath has three free proposals from their lawyer marketplace that you can access when you create an account with them. It gives you the opportunity to compare lawyers before you hire one and contacting them is easy, just call or chat directly from your account.
- Heathfield Grosvenor Lawyers offer a full range of commercial lawyer advice from advertising and marketing, commercial agreements, competition and consumer law, to trade promotions, franchising, and more. You get your first consultation free, with a fixed fee for quotes.
- LegalVision offers a monthly membership for $199 that gives small to medium businesses unlimited access to legal document templates and access to free quotes from their team of online lawyers.
More guides on Finder
How to watch Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder BBL live and match preview
The Sixers and Thunder clash in the biggest Sydney Derby in the history of the Big Bash League.
Where to watch Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses online
Who will be declared House Cup Champion?
How to watch Ray Donovan: The Movie online in Australia
Will Mickey Donovan finally die in this wrap-up movie?
RAT scams: How to avoid getting conned with rapid antigen tests
Don't fall for the scam artists when you're trying to protect your health - here's what to check.
How to do a COVID-19 test at home for international travel
Here's where you can book COVID-19 at-home tests approved for travel and how they work.
Where to shop every product in Kiernan Shipka’s beauty routine
We've rounded up everything you need to nail the 'date-worthy' makeup look, including some affordable dupes.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
Designed for big companies, this Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks – including a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Beauty Product of the Week: Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
We tried the viral Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and spoiler alert, it's the bee's knees.
Where to watch Hotel Transylvania 4 online for free in Australia
Drac and the Pack are back, like you’ve never seen them before.
Ask an Expert