The Citibank Ultimate Business Saver account adds interest to your balance while at the same time giving you the freedom to access it when needed. You pay no fees for this account, and are allowed to make an unlimited number of transactions into and out of it each month.
This account provides you with a convenient way to keep your business finances separate from your personal assets.
What are the features of the Citibank Ultimate Business Saver account?
The way in which you manage your excess working capital now will make a big difference in your financial future. Compare business savings accounts from various banks against this one, keeping in mind the following features. If you're not looking for a business account, take a look at the range of personal accounts Citibank offers instead.
No monthly account keeping fees.
You will pay no monthly fees for using this account.
Tiered interest rate up to 1.15%.
This account offers a maximum variable interest rate of 1.15% for balances between $10,000 and $999,999.99. Balances over this will earn a reduced rate of interest.
Interest calculated daily.
Interest on the account is calculated daily and deposited monthly.
Minimum balance requirement of $10,000.
You must be able to maintain a minimum balance of $10,000 for this account.
There is no limit to the number of transactions you can make with this account each month. This includes ATM withdrawals, eftpos transactions, phone and internet transactions.
You can access your savings using online banking, phone banking, cheque book, written instruction or a debit Mastercard.
Access free ATM withdrawals.
Free withdrawals are allowed at any Citibank, Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM in Australia.
Overseas money transfers.
You can transfer money overseas from your Ultimate Business Saver account, but there is a fee attached to do so.
International transaction fee of %.
You are charged % for any international transactions where a currency conversion is required.
Access overseas ATMs.
You can use your debit card to access your account and make withdrawals with no charge from Citibank ATMs overseas. Other fees from the issuing bank may be applied.
Account is not for personal use.
This is an account designed for the exclusive use by a business, trust or DIY Super Fund.
- Good for medium sized businesses with good cashflow
- No account keeping fees
- Funds are at-call
- High minimum deposit
- Not suitable for startups
How do you apply for the Citibank Ultimate Business Saver?
If this is the savings account that you think will help your business savings grow you will need to visit a local Citibank branch in order to complete the application. Before heading out, make sure that you are able to meet the eligibility requirements:
- Minimum age. Applicants will only be considered if they are 18 years of age or older.
- Residency requirements. You must be a current resident of Australia in order to have a Citibank Ultimate Business Saver account.
- Depository requirements. While there is no minimum deposit requirement for this account, it is important to remind that with any balance under $10,000 no interest will be earned.
- Business status. This is an account designed for the exclusive use by a business, trust or DIY Super Fund.
- Tax file number. There is not a requirement for a tax file number (TFN) but by providing it or your exemption code you can avoid being taxed at the highest marginal tax rate for your earned interest.
- Identification. You must bring along at least on photo identification document, such as a passport or driver’s licence, along with a one other form of identification.
- Business documentation. An identification check will also be conducted for your business, trust or DIY Super Fund. Depending on which you have you will need to bring a; certificate of incorporation for a body corporate, certificate of registration for a business, signed partnership agreement, or trust instrument.
What happens next?
Once Citibank has received all of the necessary documentation and verified the contents, an account will be set up within three business days. Once opened, you will receive a welcome pack at the provided address which will give you the details of your account including the account number, along with the linked Debit Mastercard.