Citibank Term Deposit $10K
New customers can earn 0.45% p.a. on a range of term lengths on balances between $10,000 and $249,999.
This Citibank Term Deposit is suited to customers with a deposit between $10,000 and $249,999 looking for a short term investment option for their money. It’s only available for new Citibank customers who apply online.
Up to 0.45% p.a.
3 months interest rate
Minimum opening deposit
Account keeping fee
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Citibank Term Deposit $10,000|
|3 month interest rate||0.45%|
|6 month interest rate||0.45%|
|9 month interest rate||0.45%|
|12 month interest rate||0.45%|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$10,000|
|Minimum Age Requirement||18|
|The rates displayed above are interest rates paid at maturity only. We endeavour to ensure that the information on this site is current and accurate but you should confirm any information with the product or service provider and read the information they can provide.|
Fixed interest rate of 0.45% for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months
This term deposit offers a fixed interest rate of 0.45% on 3, 6, 9 or 12 month term. There are no other term lengths available.
Deposits from $10,000
You can invest with deposits between $10,000 and $249,999. If you’ve got more to invest, consider looking at the Citibank Term Deposit $250,000+ instead.
There are no establishment fees when opening this term deposit, and no ongoing account-keeping fees.
31-day notice period
If you want to withdraw money from your term deposit before the 3 month term has ended, you'll need to give Citibank at least 31 days' written notice. Other fees and deductions may also apply to your account, such as a reduced interest rate.
Fund your term deposit with a Citi Plus Account
To open this term deposit, you must first open a Citibank Plus Transaction Account. Once you’ve got the Plus Account opened, you can deposit money into the account then use Citibank Online Internet banking to open a term deposit and deposit money.
How to apply
To open this account, you must first open a Citibank Plus Account in your name. Once you've done this, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria for this term deposit before applying.
Only new Citibank customers can open this term deposit account. You also need to meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this account.
- Australian residents only. You must be an Australian resident if you want to open this term deposit.
- Minimum investment $10,000. You will need to have a deposit over $10,000 to invest in the account.
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you don't complete this step, then Citibank will withhold tax on the interest paid on your account at the marginal tax rate.
- Proof of ID. You must provide two forms of identification (one of which must be photo ID such as a driver's licence or passport).
- Personal details. Finally, when you apply, you will need to provide your residential address, phone number and current email address.