Citi Ready Credit – 5.90% for 1 year
Enjoy a convenient line of credit to use for any worthwhile purpose.
- Get an introductory rate of 5.90% p.a. on your purchases, cash advances and initial balances transferred for a year. Standard rate applies after this period. This offer ends on 18 December 2020. Terms & conditions apply.
Citi's Ready Credit is a convenient line of credit that gives you access to your funds over an extended period. Apply for a credit limit and spend up to and including that limit at a competitive rate of 5.90% for 1 year on initial balances transferred. You can spend your limit by making purchases at the normal rate of 20.49% p.a.
Read the review below for exactly how the Ready Credit works.
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
How does the Citi Ready Credit work?
There are a few ways to use the Ready Credit account:
1. Balance transfer option. You can request a BPAY balance transfer when you apply for the Ready Credit account. The amount you transfer will have the promotional 5.90% p.a. applied to it for the first 1 year. It will revert to the standard variable rate – currently 20.49% p.a. after 1 year.
2. Spending on the Mastercard debit card. You also have the option to spend your available credit limit using the Mastercard debit card. You can spend up to and including your balance, which can be between $5,000 and $75,000. Any purchases made through the Mastercast debit card will have the standard variable rate of 20.49% p.a. applied.
The Ready Credit comes with an establishment fee of $199 that's added to onto your account balance.
What features does Citi offer with the Ready Credit?
- 5.90% p.a. for 1 year. This promotional interest rate applies to balances transferred at the time of your application. At the end of the promotional period, any outstanding balance will revert to the variable rate of 20.49% p.a. This offer is available until 18 December 2020.
- Competitive rate on balance transfers. Receive a competitive rate of 5.90% on any credit card, store card, charge card, personal loan or line of credit balance you transfer to the Citi Ready Credit.
- No ongoing fees. The Ready Credit comes with a one-off establishment fee of $199, but there are no ongoing fees charged to keep this account.
- Balance transfer your personal loan. Citi is one of the few providers that lets you balance transfer your personal loan debt.
- Citi cardholder benefits. Apply for the Citi Ready Credit balance transfer offer and you will get access to exclusive Citi cardholder benefits like a free bottle of award winning wine when you shop at a participating Citi partner restaurants.
How you can apply for the Citi Ready Credit
If you would like to apply for the Citi Ready Credit click "Go to Site" to submit your application. You can confirm details of the offer and also your repayment options. The application is simple to complete and should only take about ten minutes.
To apply for the Citi Ready Credit, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be over the age of 18
- Have a good credit rating
- Earn a taxable income of $40,000 or more
- Be an Australian resident
- Not have applied for a Citi credit card in the previous nine months
You will need to have the following information on hand if you wish to apply for the Citi Ready Credit balance transfer offer:
- An Australian driver’s licence
- Your contact details
- Your employer’s address and contact details, or your accountant’s details if self-employed
- Details of your income, assets and liabilities
How to apply for the balance transfer offer
If you want to apply for the Citi Ready Credit Balance transfer offer, proceed through the application until you reach a page where it asks you if you want to transfer a balance to the account. You will need to enter your current card or account number(s) and the amount you wish to transfer from each.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.