Citi Premier Qantas credit card
No longer offered in the market
The Citi Premier Qantas credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
How to apply
If you've compared your options and want to get the Citi Premier Qantas Card, you can apply online in around 15 minutes. Get started by making sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all your documents and details ready for the application.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $75,000 per year.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent Australian resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, residential address, marital status, number of dependents and contact number. You'll also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card number.
- Frequent flyer details. During the application, you'll need to opt-in to Citi Qantas Rewards and provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer number. If you're not already a member of the frequent flyer program, here's how you can join for free (instead of paying the standard joining fee of $99.50).
- Employment details. This includes your current job title, salary and you're employers contact details. If you're self-employed, you'll need to provide your accountant's contact details. You'll also need to provide documents that verify your income, such as recent payslips or tax assessment notices from the ATO.
- Financial details. This includes any additional forms of income, pensions, savings or other assets, as well as existing debts, loans and cards. You'll also need to provide details of your regular household expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and groceries.
- Balance transfer details. If you plan to transfer a balance to this card, you'll need to provide details of the existing account(s).
- Up to 150,000 bonus Qantas Points. Boost your points balance with 100,000 bonus Qantas Points and spend $5,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval. An extra 50,000 points will be added to your account after you pay for the second year's annual fee.
- Discounted first year annual fee. The Citi Premier Qantas credit card offers a reduced annual fee of $49 for the first year, $444 p.a. thereafter. This includes the annual Citi Qantas Rewards fee of $49.
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. You can earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 for all eligible international spend, 1 Qantas Point per $1 for selected domestic purchases made and booked directly from a range of major restaurants, hotel chains and airlines (flights only), 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 for selected domestic purchases made at major petrol outlets, supermarkets and national retailers and 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent everywhere else on domestic eligible transactions up to 20,000 per statement period.
- Airport lounge access. This card offers complimentary Priority Pass standard membership, with two airport lounge visits per year. Priority Pass gives you access to over 850 airport lounges worldwide. In Australia, Priority Pass is currently available at Cairns, Darwin and Brisbane International Airports and Sydney Kingsford Smith. Find out more about the terms and conditions.
- International travel insurance. The Citi Premier Qantas Card offers complimentary international travel insurance when you use it to purchase your return overseas travel tickets. Your spouse and/or dependent children can also be included on your cover when they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Personal concierge service. Gain access to a 24/7 concierge service that can help with anything from restaurant reservations, to buying theatre tickets to ordering flowers and more.
- Purchase insurances. This card offers purchase protection insurance to cover the cost of loss, theft or damage, as well as extended warranty insurance for eligible purchases made with the Citi Premier Qantas credit card.
- Guaranteed Pricing Scheme. If you purchase something on your card and then find the same item at a lower price elsewhere, you could get a refund for the difference in price through this service.
- Citibank Dining Program. Get a free bottle of award-winning wine when you dine out at a Citi partner restaurant and pay with your Citi Premier Qantas credit card.
- Mobile payment technology. This card is eligible for both Samsung Pay and Apple Pay, which allows you to make contactless payments using a compatible Samsung or Apple device.
- 0% balance transfer offer. Get 0% p.a. interest for 15 months on balances transferred, with no balance transfer fee. Citi allows you to transfer up to 80% of your credit limit from Australian-issued store cards, personal loans, or credit cards not issued by Citibank. At the end of the 15-month introductory period, any unpaid balance will be charged interest at the cash advance rate. Please note you won't earn any points on balance transfers.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges a standard annual fee of $444 p.a., including the Qantas Rewards fee.
- Interest rates. This card charges a variable interest rate of 21.49% p.a. on purchases and 22.24% p.a. on cash advances and cash-equivalent transactions.
- Interest-free days on purchases. Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement. Note that interest-free days do not apply if you're carrying a balance from a balance transfer.
- Currency conversion rate. A 3.4% fee applies for transactions made in a foreign currency overseas or online.