Citi Foreign Exchange Services review
Invest in global currencies with help from experienced investment specialists.
- $0 commissions on all forex orders
- Place trades with your relationship manager
- Buy and sell currencies directly (not CFDs)
- Use limit and stop loss orders
Not so good for
- You can only invest in forex
- Not the lowest spreads on the market
- There is no option to trade using leverage
While there are plenty of online forex/CFD brokers, Citi will appeal to investors looking to directly buy and sell global currencies with support from a relationship manager.
0.5 to 1.5
Minimum Spreads for Major Currencies
Desktop / Relationship Manager
|Type of broker||Full-Service (general advice)|
|Minimum Spreads for Major Currencies||0.5 to 1.5|
|Leverage||1:1 - 1:1|
|Minimum opening balance||$0|
|Minimum Trade Size||US$20,000|
|Platforms||Desktop / Relationship Manager|
|Account options||Individual & Non Individual Ownership|
About Citi Foreign Exchange Services
Citibank Australia has been providing financial services in Australia since 1985.
Unlike most forex trading platforms where users trade currencies via CFDs, Citi customers buy and sell global currencies directly with assistance from an investment specialist.
What can I trade with Citi?
You can buy and sell up to 10 global currencies, including USD, GBP, SGD, HKD and EUR.
Why invest through Citi?
Citi's service is unique from most forex brokers you'll come across online. Rather than trading through CFDs (leveraged derivatives products), you buy and sell global currencies directly through a relationship manager.
Citi is only offering this service to clients that make trades of $US20,000 or more. For trades of less than this, you have the option of using the Global Currency Account to self-serve online. Full-service clients are assigned a relationship manager who place trades for you over phone. This means you can receive support and assurance that large transactions will be performed safely and securely.
Here are some of the features that make Citi stand out when it comes to foreign exchange services:
- Relationship manager. All trading is done through your relationship manager
- Spreads. FX spreads start from 0.5, however high-net worth individuals can negotiate a lower rate
- Support. Get phone and email support from your relationship manager
- Commission. You pay zero broker fees for forex trading
- Research. Access Citi's Global Research via your relationship manager
What are Citi's spreads and fees?
As stated above, there are no commission costs on forex trades with Citi, however spreads are a little higher than what you'd normally see trading CFD forex, with spreads on major currencies starting from 0.5 pips.
Although there's no minimum amount needed to open an account, there is a minimum $US20,000 transaction requirement on all buy and sell orders.
- Minimum opening balance: $0
- Spreads: Typically range from 0.5 to 1.5 pips
- Commission per transaction: $0
- Leverage: 1:1
- Minimum trade size: $US20,000
What customer support options are available?
Citi offers email and phone service.
Does Citi offer news and training material?
Citi doesn't offer any training material however wholesale customers can access Citi research along with general forex updates from market specialists.
How do I open an account with Citi?
To sign up, click on the link above (coming soon) and request a phone call from a Citi representative to discuss your account options. For now customers wanting to exchange less than USD$20,000 with Citi have the option to self-serve online using a Global Currency Account.