Inventory management tools to suit you company — whether it's a startup or a more established business.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If standard inventory platforms are slowing down your company's productivity, you may want to switch to a cloud-based management system like Cin7.
This review will explore the features and fees involved when it comes to managing key business processes with Cin7. We'll compare the pros and cons to help you decide if Cin7 has the right inventory tools for your business.
What is Cin7?
Cin7 is an inventory management platform that helps companies keep costs low as they scale up their production. This is especially helpful for companies who monitor inventory across multiple stores or e-commerce platforms. Additionally, Cin7 offers real-time, mobile-accessible data to make it easier for inventory managers to monitor sales on-the-go.
Cin7 inventory management tools
Here are some of the key features offered by Cin7:
- Extensive customer support. Cin7 offers comprehensive support to its customers including 1:1 guidance throughout the onboarding process, as well as additional articles and webinars to help with any queries you may have. You'll also get a dedicated account manager in the long-term.
- Product tracking. Enjoy tools to help your company with serial tracking, consignment and dropshipping activities.
- On-the-go monitoring. With Cin7's transparent monitoring system, you can produce the right amounts to meet customer demand and avoid running out of stock.
- Cost analysis. Track real-time costs, profit margins and inventory value with Cin7's accounting dashboard. You can further track the accurate cost of goods; sync with e-commerce and Point of Sale (POS) systems, as well as orders with specific general ledgers.
- Inventory planning. Utilise Cin7's pool of data to decide on the best mix of products and sales channels.
- Miscellanous features. Cin7 offers a host of tools like mobile stocktaking, automated inventory adjustments and colour-size grids to help minimise stock errors.
Cin7 pricing plans
The features mentioned above are typically offered across all Cin7 products. Here's a breakdown of what you can expect to get based on your chosen plan:
Starter plan: Starts from $299 (per month)
Best for startups or small businesses who are growing fast.
- Detailed inventory management
- Pre-order/backorder management
- Built-in Point Of Sale tools
- Built-in B2B (Business-to-Business) features
- Product bundles
- Light manufacturing tools
- Inventory-specific Customer Relationship Management
- Comprehensive analysis and reports
Momentum plan: Priced depending on your company's specific needs
Best for established brands who need a system with more comprehensive and organised workflows to better manage their inventory.
- All Starter plan features
- Inventory forecasting tools
- Automated order-splitting and geo-routing
- Allows multiple users per platform
- Custom 3PL (Third Party Logistics) integrations
- Warehouse management system
- Complete Amazon suite
Advanced plan: Priced depending on your company's specific needs
Best for established brands with a large range of products. Advanced plan users are often companies who require efficient systems to manage complex sales channels and help scale sustainable growth.
- All Momentum plan features
- Advanced automation
- Custom EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) integrations
- Retailer-specific labels
- Detailed stock analysis and reports
- Multi-company automation
Pros and cons
- Comprehensive tools to help companies scale production in a cost-effective manner.
- Plans to help companies of all sizes.
- Cin7 features sync up with your existing POS system, which means that you can continue to use some of your existing systems.
- With each plan, the inventory management tools come with a host of other features to facilitate increased efficiency.
- While the exact cost may differ based on your company's needs and existing operation systems, Cin7 products tend to lean towards the pricier side.
- Reviews have cited a steep learning curve to Cin7's systems.
Cin7 combines the benefits of online sales channels, POS systems and third-party logistics tools to offer your company a potential edge on the competition. Its inventory management tools are useful in helping companies manage production efficiently across multiple sites.
Ultimately, you'll want to opt for a tool that puts the needs of your business first. If Cin7 offers the sotfware you need, then it just might be the right inventory management system for you.
More guides on Finder
Dell G7 7700 Gaming Laptop: Boss-acceptable gaming
Dell’s G7 Gaming Laptop doesn’t quite have all the frills of its Alienware models, but it’s well worth tracking down at a discount.
Square vs PayPal
Both Square and PayPal are popular choices, but which payment processor is best for your business needs?
From costs and finance options to what materials you’ll need, learn about bathroom renovations in this comprehensive guide.
Web developer resumes
Find out what to include in a web developer resume and how a customisable template could help you land your dream job.
Ecovacs Deebot U2 Pro review
The Ecovacs Deebot U2 Pro impresses with its pet hair friendly larger dustbin, but has issues with basic navigation that make it a little challenging to use every day.
Traeger Timberline 850 smoker review
The Traeger Timberline 850 smoker is the best way to cook your food; a premium product that justifies its premium price.
ROCCAT Elo 7.1 Air review
The ROCCAT Elo 7.1 Air combines premium comfort with powerful audio performance at a very attractive price.
Realme 7 Pro review
Calling it a "Pro" phone might be a bit of a stretch, but the realme 7 Pro is otherwise a dependable mid-range phone with good battery endurance.
Dynabook Portégé X30W-J Review
The Portégé X30W-J is almost ludicrously light and works well as either a notebook or tablet, but it's not the most physically robust 2-in-1.
CommSec vs SelfWealth
We rate the fees and features of both online brokers.
Ask an Expert