Inventory management tools to suit you company — whether it's a startup or a more established business.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If standard inventory platforms are slowing down your company's productivity, you may want to switch to a cloud-based management system like Cin7.
This review will explore the features and fees involved when it comes to managing key business processes with Cin7. We'll compare the pros and cons to help you decide if Cin7 has the right inventory tools for your business.
What is Cin7?
Cin7 is an inventory management platform that helps companies keep costs low as they scale up their production. This is especially helpful for companies who monitor inventory across multiple stores or e-commerce platforms. Additionally, Cin7 offers real-time, mobile-accessible data to make it easier for inventory managers to monitor sales on-the-go.
Cin7 inventory management tools
Here are some of the key features offered by Cin7:
- Extensive customer support. Cin7 offers comprehensive support to its customers including 1:1 guidance throughout the onboarding process, as well as additional articles and webinars to help with any queries you may have. You'll also get a dedicated account manager in the long-term.
- Product tracking. Enjoy tools to help your company with serial tracking, consignment and dropshipping activities.
- On-the-go monitoring. With Cin7's transparent monitoring system, you can produce the right amounts to meet customer demand and avoid running out of stock.
- Cost analysis. Track real-time costs, profit margins and inventory value with Cin7's accounting dashboard. You can further track the accurate cost of goods; sync with e-commerce and Point of Sale (POS) systems, as well as orders with specific general ledgers.
- Inventory planning. Utilise Cin7's pool of data to decide on the best mix of products and sales channels.
- Miscellanous features. Cin7 offers a host of tools like mobile stocktaking, automated inventory adjustments and colour-size grids to help minimise stock errors.
Cin7 pricing plans
The features mentioned above are typically offered across all Cin7 products. Here's a breakdown of what you can expect to get based on your chosen plan:
Starter plan: Starts from $299 (per month)
Best for startups or small businesses who are growing fast.
- Detailed inventory management
- Pre-order/backorder management
- Built-in Point Of Sale tools
- Built-in B2B (Business-to-Business) features
- Product bundles
- Light manufacturing tools
- Inventory-specific Customer Relationship Management
- Comprehensive analysis and reports
Momentum plan: Priced depending on your company's specific needs
Best for established brands who need a system with more comprehensive and organised workflows to better manage their inventory.
- All Starter plan features
- Inventory forecasting tools
- Automated order-splitting and geo-routing
- Allows multiple users per platform
- Custom 3PL (Third Party Logistics) integrations
- Warehouse management system
- Complete Amazon suite
Advanced plan: Priced depending on your company's specific needs
Best for established brands with a large range of products. Advanced plan users are often companies who require efficient systems to manage complex sales channels and help scale sustainable growth.
- All Momentum plan features
- Advanced automation
- Custom EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) integrations
- Retailer-specific labels
- Detailed stock analysis and reports
- Multi-company automation
Pros and cons
- Comprehensive tools to help companies scale production in a cost-effective manner.
- Plans to help companies of all sizes.
- Cin7 features sync up with your existing POS system, which means that you can continue to use some of your existing systems.
- With each plan, the inventory management tools come with a host of other features to facilitate increased efficiency.
- While the exact cost may differ based on your company's needs and existing operation systems, Cin7 products tend to lean towards the pricier side.
- Reviews have cited a steep learning curve to Cin7's systems.
Cin7 combines the benefits of online sales channels, POS systems and third-party logistics tools to offer your company a potential edge on the competition. Its inventory management tools are useful in helping companies manage production efficiently across multiple sites.
Ultimately, you'll want to opt for a tool that puts the needs of your business first. If Cin7 offers the sotfware you need, then it just might be the right inventory management system for you.
More guides on Finder
AMD RX 6700 XT review
The Radeon RX 6700 XT is a powerful 1440p graphics card that bridges the gap between Nvidia's RTX 3060 Ti and RTX 3070.
Cryptocurrency staking guide: How to stake coins for rewards
Staking is one of the most popular ways to earn an income with cryptocurrency – learn how to get started with this guide.
HyperX Cloud Stinger Core Wireless Review: Affordable lightweight gaming headphones
It’s not the fanciest gaming headset around, and you’ll either love or loathe its lightweight design, but the HyperX Cloud Stinger Core Wireless certainly gets the gaming job done at moderate price point.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro review: Samsung’s Pro sounding headphones
Samsung’s Galaxy Buds Pro are its best headphones yet, but they’re best suited to existing Samsung Galaxy phone owners.
realme 7 5G review: Affordable 5G with an amazing display
The realme 7 5G brings a lot of features to the mid-range 5G market at an appealing price point, but it’s not quite the super-bargain it might seem.
How to buy Roblox (RBLX) shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing Roblox shares.
7-Eleven Fuel Pass
Save on fuel at 7-Eleven with this fuel card you can use across the WEX Motorpass network.
Response to the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right
Finder's submission in response to the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right.
Review: TransferMate international money transfers
Learn about how TransferMate’s personal product works and what it can do for you.
AMD RX 6800 XT review
Strong 4K performance and a slate of promising new technologies make the RX 6800 XT the most exciting addition to AMD's line-up in years.
Ask an Expert