The most popular toys for Christmas 2020 have just been revealed
According to eBay, your kids are going to want these toys under their Christmas tree.
With Christmas just two months away and major sale events (like Black Friday) around the corner, now is the time to start thinking about and planning what you'll be gifting your kids for Christmas this year.
If you're stuck for inspiration, we're here to help. Mega online marketplace eBay has just unveiled its top toys and trends for the holiday season.
The best part? The retailer will also be offering a massive 20% off thousands of this year's hottest toys, as well as a bunch of eBay Plus exclusive deals. The sales kick off from 10am Wednesday 28 October.
eBay's hottest toys for 2020 (in no particular order)
- Little Live Pets Gotta Go Flamingo™
- FurReal Friends Mama Josie the Kangaroo
- Baby Alive: Baby Grows Up
- My Fairy Garden Fairy Nature Garden
- Little Live Pets Scruff-a-Luv™ Secret Scents
- Operation Pet Scan
- Clementoni Mystic Tigers High Quality Collection 1,000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
- LEGO® Super Mario™ Adventures with Mario Starter Course 71360
- Play-Doh® Kitchen Creations Drizzy Ice Cream Playset
- LEGO® DOTS™ Jewellery Box 41915
- Barbie® Fashionistas™ Doll Assorted
- Kiya Indigenous Doll
- My Shadow is Pink by Scott Stuart
- You and Me and Everybody Else by Marcos Farina
- The Boy Who Steals Houses by C.G. Drews
- Vtech® Kidizoom® Studio
- Nintendo Switch™ Console Neon
- Really R.A.D Robots Fartbro™
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian The Child (Baby Yoda) Animatronic Figure
- Bluey Lean N Glide Tri Scooter
Toy trends to watch out for this year
According to new research by eBay, more than half (56%) of Aussie parents are expected to buy their children toys they secretly want to play with, with the fathers being the main culprit. This can most likely be attributed to the increased amount of time families have spent together, and that's all thanks to COVID-19 of course.
The pandemic has also increased the need for toys that offer longevity and affordability. Using shopper data and identifying purchasing habits through research, eBay has discovered three trends for Christmas 2020. These include:
- Gifts that keep on giving
- Toys that encourage diversity and inclusivity
- Basic presents like building toys, board games, puzzles, and arts and crafts
eBay Australia's Sophie Onikul said:
"It's no surprise affordability is a key factor influencing presents under the Christmas tree this year with more than a third (37%) of parents admitting they plan to spend less on gifts due to COVID-19."
"Christmas is an expensive time – parents are predicted to spend an average of $184 on gifts per child. It's been a tough year which is why eBay's helping ease the financial pressure by offering great deals across a range of must-have gifts to suit different budgets. The kids might have to challenge dad to get a look-in though!"
For more, you can also check out Finder's guide on Christmas gifts for kids.