How to choose the ideal Christmas gift for your girlfriend... and where to buy it.
When you're a man, finding that ideal Christmas present for your girlfriend is one of life's great challenges. She always seems to be able to pick out the perfect gift when she's shopping for you, but when it comes time for you to hit the shops, all you can think of to get her is an impersonal gift card.
Where are the best places online to buy a Christmas gift for your girlfriend?
- For the fashionable girlfriend… head to THE ICONIC, ASOS, David Jones, or Missguided for the latest in clothing, shoes and accessories.
- For the geeky girlfriend… get her some fan gear from ThinkGeek. Just choose by fandom of choice (Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Firefly, Game of Thrones) and shop away.
- For the beauty obsessed girlfriend... try shopping at Sephora or ry.com.au. Both stores have a top picks section filled with goodies.
- For the sporty girlfriend… go to Rebel Sport or Eastbay for exercise gear, heart rate monitors, or fitness equipment.
- For the stylish girlfriend… go to Urban Outfitters for beautifully designed homewares, accessories and apparel.
- For the bohemian girlfriend… get her clothing or lingerie from Free People (and maybe a ticket to Coachella).
- For the muso girlfriend… see what sold out concert tickets you can score for her at Viagogo.
Gift Guide | Christmas gifts for your girlfriend to suit every budget and personality
Tips for choosing a Christmas gift for your girlfriend
Finding a gift for your girlfriend will require you to do a bit of investigative work. Think about your girlfriend's personality, her hobbies and the things she cares most about. Ask the following questions and you might come up with a gift idea quicker than you thought.
- What are her hobbies or interests? This is where your knowledge of the television shows or movies she loves comes into play, or where her interests in areas such as cooking, reading, art or more can be used to come up with a gift idea.
- Is she sporty? If she regularly plays sport maybe new equipment or clothing would be appreciated, or if she's a diehard fan of a particular team maybe a jersey or other merchandise would be a good idea.
- Does she need anything? Because she's your girlfriend you probably have a fair idea of whether or not she needs anything desperately such as clothes, homewares or appliances, or whether she'd really appreciate cash more than a gift.