How to choose the ideal Christmas gift for your girlfriend... and where to buy it.
When you're a man, finding that ideal Christmas present for your girlfriend is one of life's great challenges. She always seems to be able to pick out the perfect gift when she's shopping for you, but when it comes time for you to hit the shops, all you can think of to get her is an impersonal gift card.
Gift Guide | Christmas gifts for your girlfriend to suit every budget and personality
Kalahari in Stone Suede
K/Klassik Office Bag
Vero Moda Tall Leather Look Biker Jacket
Pastel Resin Drop Earrings
Classic Swoosh Futura Sports Bra
Nike Free RN Flyknit 2017 Women's Running Shoes
Nike Chambray Windrunner - Women's
Skull Candy Jib Wireless In Ear Headphone
Harry Potter Hogwarts Moccasin Slippers
Game of Thrones Longclaw Umbrella
POP Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Vinyl Figure
Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit
Gift Republic Name A Star Gift
Beauty obsessed Girlfriend:
Mojave in Nightfall Suede
CAMILLA Bahia Bliss Shoestring Strap Playsuit
Bombay Duck Embroidered Round Pom Pom Cushion
BEATS BY DR DRE Solo 3 Wireless on-ear headphones - Gold
Sony Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Red
Where are the best places online to buy a Christmas gift for your girlfriend?
- For the fashionable girlfriend… head to THE ICONIC, ASOS, David Jones, or Missguided for the latest in clothing, shoes and accessories.
- For the geeky girlfriend… get her some fan gear from ThinkGeek. Just choose by fandom of choice (Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Firefly, Game of Thrones) and shop away.
- For the beauty obsessed girlfriend... try shopping at Sephora or ry.com.au. Both stores have a top picks section filled with goodies.
- For the sporty girlfriend… go to Rebel Sport or Eastbay for exercise gear, heart rate monitors, or fitness equipment.
- For the stylish girlfriend… go to Urban Outfitters for beautifully designed homewares, accessories and apparel.
- For the bohemian girlfriend… get her clothing or lingerie from Free People (and maybe a ticket to Coachella).
- For the muso girlfriend… see what sold out concert tickets you can score for her at Viagogo.
Tips for choosing a Christmas gift for your girlfriend
Finding a gift for your girlfriend will require you to do a bit of investigative work. Think about your girlfriend's personality, her hobbies and the things she cares most about. Ask the following questions and you might come up with a gift idea quicker than you thought.
- What are her hobbies or interests? This is where your knowledge of the television shows or movies she loves comes into play, or where her interests in areas such as cooking, reading, art or more can be used to come up with a gift idea.
- Is she sporty? If she regularly plays sport maybe new equipment or clothing would be appreciated, or if she's a diehard fan of a particular team maybe a jersey or other merchandise would be a good idea.
- Does she need anything? Because she's your girlfriend you probably have a fair idea of whether or not she needs anything desperately such as clothes, homewares or appliances, or whether she'd really appreciate cash more than a gift.
Left gift buying to the last minute? Buy one of these online gift vouchers:
David Jones gift cards
THE ICONIC gift cards
Dan Murphy's Gift Card
ASOS gift cards
Etsy Gift Cards
Amazon - Gift Cards
Bonds Gift Cards
Priceline Gift Cards
Apple - Gift Cards
Yellow Octopus Gift Card
Adrenalin Gift Voucher
Booktopia - Gift Cards