Cheap flights to China for 2020
Everything you need to know about flying in and out of China.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
China is one of the world's most diverse travel hubs with bustling cities and vast landscapes where you'll find mountains, rivers, desert and 14,500 km of coastline.
This short and simple guide will give you information about ground transport options and airlines that fly into and out of China.
Deals on flights to China
What you can expect to pay for cheap flights to China
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to China.
China flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 10 hrs 20 mins + with one stopover, landing at Shanghai Pudong International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 10 hrs 40 mins + when you fly direct to Shanghai Pudong International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 10 hrs 30 mins + when you fly direct to Shanghai International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 11 hrs 40 mins + with one stopover, landing at Shanghai Pudong International Airport
Airlines that fly to China
- Air China
- Air New Zealand
- China Eastern
- Singapore Airlines
China insider flight tips
- You can get direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth to China.
- Beijing Capital International Airport (North China) and Shanghai Pudong International Airport (East China) are China's two busiest airports. There are multiple airports in China you can fly in and out of including Changsha (South-central China), Chengdu (West China), Fuzhou (Southeast China), Wuhan (South-central China), Xiamen (Southeast China) and Guangzhou (Southeast China).
How to get around from the airport
Public buses and underground metro connect the airport to the city in almost every major city in China. Airport shuttles are also available in the major cities. Uber is not available in China but you can take a taxi or rent a car from the airport for a more comfortable transit.
More guides on Finder
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2020
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Western Australia travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2020
What you need to know before you travel in WA, including which attractions and national parks are open, where you can stay and the available modes of transport.
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2020
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Cheap Flights of the Week: Australia, Europe and Asia
See this week's round-up of hot airfares to destinations around the world.
Should you take advantage of cheap travel during coronavirus?
As the pandemic continues to reduce the cost of travel, here's what you should consider before jumping on those cheap trips.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2020
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2020
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2020
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2020
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Virgin Australia flights to Hong Kong, China and Taiwan from $538
EXPIRED: Celebrate this Chinese New Year with a trip to Asia.
Ask an Expert