Cheap flights to Chiang Mai for 2020
A handy guide of flight and transport options for Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai is a popular city in northern Thailand, renowned for its unique cuisine and fascinating culture. Temples light up the city, often used as a gateway to the jungles and their animal sanctuaries. The currency of Thailand is the Thai Baht (THB), which is handy to have with you as outdoor markets tend to only accept cash.
Planning a trip to this must-see destination? Check out the following flight deals and transport options.
Chiang Mai flight deals
Chiang Mai flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 11 hrs 30 mins + with one stopover, landing at Chiang Mai International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 12 hrs 45 mins + with one stopover, landing at Chiang Mai International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 12 hrs 35 mins + with one stopover, landing at Chiang Mai International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 9 hrs 55 mins + with one stopover, landing at Chiang Mai International Airport
Airlines that fly to Chiang Mai
- Air China
- Cathay Pacific
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
Chiang Mai insider flight tips
- Chiang Mai International Airport serves all international and domestic flights.
- All flights from Australia require a stopover on the way to Chiang Mai. It is likely this stopover will be in the Thai capital of Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
How to get around Chiang Mai from the airport
Taxi booths are available in the arrivals hall with either metered or set fares, both amounting to approximately BHT150. Songthaews are a shared taxi found outside the arrivals hall and cost around BHT40. Tuk tuks are also available and can be bargained to BHT120. Many hotels provide transfers from the airport or you can book your own mini van or private transfer.
Ask an Expert