Get all the important basics without spending too much on insurance. Check out Chi's Travel Insurance Medical and Liability.
One of the biggest issues with travel is getting the funds together. Not only do you have to find the money for tickets, accommodation and spending money, but there are so many other incidentals that add up. By the time you’ve bought the right luggage, any specialist clothing you need, the right guidebooks and tours and activities, your budget may already be looking a little thin. And while you may be feeling like squeezing every penny, one area you shouldn’t skimp on is travel insurance.
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Features of this travel insurance policy
Travel insurance products can cover you for everything from a lost credit card to a travel provider going out of business. However, if you’re looking for just the essentials in your travel insurance product, you can find affordable and still inclusive cover with Chi Medical and Liability cover for:
- unlimited overseas emergency medical assistance and evacuation
- unlimited overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses
- up to $5 million of personal liability cover.
This allows you to remain protected with the important essentials while you travel, without paying for extra features you don’t want and need. With your Chi Travel Insurance Medical and Liability cover, your overseas emergency medical assistance and evacuation feature covers:
- 24-hour emergency medical assistance for any medical emergency while overseas
- ambulance cover
- medical evacuation
- the reasonable cost for funeral arrangements if you die as the result of an illness or injury overseas, up to a maximum of $15,000
- getting messages and updates about your condition to your family back home
- hospital guarantees
- access to a medical adviser for emergency medical treatment
- payment of reasonable expenses for emergency hospitalisation
- your medical transfer to the nearest hospital or evacuation back to Australia
- returning your dependents to Australia if they are without supervision after your hospitalisation.
Events and circumstances not eligible under the emergency medical assistance and evacuation feature include:
- medical expenses you incur when you return to your country of residence
- expenses for medical evacuation, funeral services, cremation or bringing your remains back to Australia, unless approved by Allianz Global Assistance
- subsequent medical, hospital or evacuation expenses incurred if you have declined to promptly medical evacuation or transport of your remains from Australia to an overseas country.
Included medical and hospital expenses
The unlimited overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses feature of your Medical and Liability travel insurance covers you for:
- emergency medical treatment if you are injured or become ill while overseas
- reasonable medical expenses
- reasonable hospital expenses
- surgical cover
- nursing cover
- emergency dental treatment on sound and natural teeth to relieve sudden and acute pain up to the value of $1,000
- only medical or hospital expenses that have been incurred on the written advice of a medical adviser
- treatment received and or hospitalisation which occurs during the 12 month period after the illness or injury first presented.
Those circumstances not covered under overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses include:
- medical costs which are incurred in your country of residence
- more than two weeks of treatment by a chiropractor, physiotherapist or dentist unless approved by Allianz Global Assistance
- damage to dentures, dental prostheses, bridges or crowns
- dental treatment relating to the use of precious metals or for cosmetic dentistry.
The personal liability feature of Chi Travel Insurance Medical and Liability, covers you for legal liability and legal expenses for bodily injuries or damage to property of other persons, as the result of a claim made against you. This means your legal liability for payment of compensation is covered for:
- death or bodily injury
- physical loss of or damage to property as the result of an accident
- reasonable legal expenses for settling or defending a claim made against you
- you must not admit fault or liability for the claim, or incur any legal costs without approval from Allianz Global Assistance
- up to $5 million of cover.
You are not covered if you become legally liability to pay a claim which is directly or indirectly connected with:
- bodily injury to you, your travelling companion, a relative or employee
- damage to property belonging to you or which is in your care
- the ownership of an aerial device, watercraft or mechanically propelled vehicle
- the conduct of a business, profession or trade
- any loss or damage which should have been covered under compulsory or statutory insurance or compensation
- any fine, penalty or aggravated, punitive, exemplary or liquidated damages
- a disease transmitted by you
- any relief or recovery which is not monetary
- assault or battery committed by you
- conduct intended to cause bodily injury or property damage.
How to apply
You can apply for medical and liability cover with Chi insurance if you are under 74 years old. You’ll also have a 14 day cooling off period after your certificate of insurance is issued, during which time you can cancel your policy and receive a full refund of all premiums paid, as long as you haven’t made a claim, or started on your journey.