For all your overseas travel needs, get the right cover with Chi Travel Insurance International.
International travel can be an exciting adventure and an important ingredient to adventure is that you never know what’s going to happen next. However, it is this unpredictability that can very quickly turn an adventure into a disaster and while even disastrous adventures can make for great stories in years to come, travel insurance can help remove some of the inevitable stress at the time.
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
International travel insurance is important and Chi international travel insurance will be there for you long before you even leave on your trip, to well after you return and every step along the way. Chi Travel Insurance International features include:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits. Looks after you if you have to cancel your prepaid travel arrangements due to unforeseen circumstances outside of your control. For example, you can be reimbursed cancellation fees and deposits you lost when you had to cancel travel plans because of illness, injury, strikes, collisions, retrenchment or natural disasters.
- Travel services provider insolvency. Protects you the event a travel services provider becomes insolvent, so that you don’t have to lose all of your plans, your prepayments or your holiday dreams just because the company has gone out of business.
- Overseas medical assistance. Ensures you have access to 24 hour medical assistance while travelling, including ambulance cover, medical evacuation, funeral arrangements and hospital guarantees. Chi travel insurance will also cover notifying your family and getting messages about your condition back home.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. If you become sick or injured overseas, your Chi travel insurance will provide emergency medical treatment, including hospital cover, surgical, nursing, or emergency dental treatment for the relief of sudden and acute pain occurring in natural and previously sound teeth.
- Additional expenses cover. Provides a benefit for additional accommodation and travel expenses you are forced to cover as a result of illness, injury or death. This feature extends to you, your travelling companion and your family, including hospitalisation and medical evacuation.
- Hospital cash allowance. Pays you an allowance of $50 per day when you are hospitalised for more than 48 hours continuously while overseas.
- Accidental death benefit. You may have stand alone accidental death cover through another life insurance policy, but you are also covered for this feature under the comprehensive Chi travel insurance policy. Your estate will be paid a death benefit if you die within 12 months of your return home, as the result of an injury you suffered while travelling.
- Permanent disability benefit. If you are permanently disabled within 12 months of an injury you sustained while travelling, you can also claim for a benefit on your travel insurance. Chi will pay a permanent disability benefit for the total loss of sight in one or both eyes, or the loss of the use of a hand or a foot. You are defined as permanently disabled if you have experienced the disability for at least 12 months and it is expected to continue indefinitely.
- Loss of income benefit. If you return to Australia and are unable to work for more than 30 days as the result of an injury you suffered while travelling, your Chi travel insurance will pay a weekly income benefit.
- Cover for travel documents, credit cards and traveller’s cheques. If your passport, credit cards, travel documents or traveller’s cheques are lost or stolen during your trip, your travel insurance will cover the replacement cost of these items.
- Cover for cash, bank notes, currency notes, postal orders or money orders. If you are carrying bank notes, cash, currency notes, postal orders or money orders and any of these are stolen from your person, you are insured for the value of their loss.
- Luggage and personal effects. Covers the replacement cost or the repair cost for luggage, spectacles, personal effects, personal computers or cameras that are lost, stolen or accidentally damaged. Your standard cover includes a $3,000 limit for personal computers, video recorders or cameras, a $1,000 limit for mobile phones, PDAs or any item with phone capabilities and $750 for all unspecified items. You can purchase additional cover for specified items up to the amount of $5,000 by paying an additional premium.
- Luggage delays. Provides you a benefit so you can purchase essential clothing and personal items if your personal effects or luggage are misdirected, misplaced or delayed by your carrier for more than 12 hours.
- Travel delays. Provides you cover for the cost of additional meals and accommodation expenses if your journey is delayed for more than six hours because of circumstances outside of your control.
- Transport delays. Covers you for additional costs associated with sourcing alternative transport to get you to a wedding, a funeral, a conference, sporting event or to prepaid travel or tour arrangements, if you are affected by transport delays.
- Personal liability cover. Your Chi travel insurance includes cover for legal liability, including legal expenses as the result of a claim made against you, for bodily injuries or damage to property of other persons.
- Rental vehicle cover. Provides cover in case you need to pay the insurance excess on a rental vehicle in the event of the car being stolen, crashed or damaged, so you’re not out of pocket. This feature also includes cover for costs associated with returning the rental vehicle, if you’re not able to return it yourself. The limit for this feature is a $3,000 benefit, however, for an additional premium payment, you can increase that cover amount in units of $500 up to a total of $6,000.
If you are planning a holiday and want to have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are covered for any eventuality, Chi Travel Insurance offer a comprehensive policy that will keep you cover around the country you call home.