If you're travelling within Australia, make sure you get the right travel cover. Check out Chi Travel Insurance Australia Only.
Travelling around Australia can pose unique travel risks. While you may speak the language and know your way around, it doesn’t mean your trip can’t be disrupted by the same unexpected delays, dramas and expenses you can encounter on international trips.
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
What's included in the policy
The Chi Travel Insurance Australia Only policy has all of the most essential features for making sure your travels within Australia are the perfect adventure. Australia Only cover from Chi Insurance includes cover for the following situations:
- Cancellation of travel arrangements. If you have to cancel your prepaid travel arrangements because of unforeseen circumstances outside of your control, Chi Insurance can reimburse you the costs of any cancellation fees you incur, or any deposits you lose on your bookings. Eligible circumstances include illness, injury, strikes, collision, retrenchment and natural disasters.
- Insolvency of travel services provider. You are also covered if the travel services provider you have booked through or booked with goes out of business. If you suffer a financial loss because of the insolvency of a travel services provider, Chi Insurance will cover this loss for you.
- Additional expenses. If you, a relative or someone you are travelling with becomes ill, injured or dies, this will affect your scheduled travel plans. Chi Insurance will cover you for additional accommodation and travel expenses caused by this disruption.
- Accidental death benefit. Your family are entitled to claim for accidental death benefit under your Chi Travel Insurance policy, if you die within 12 months as the result of an injury suffered on your journey.
- Luggage and personal effects. This feature covers you for the replacement cost of luggage and personal effects, or for the repair costs, if your luggage and personal effects are accidentally damaged during your travels. Luggage and personal effects cover extends to luggage, eyewear, personal effects, personal computers and cameras.
- Travel delay cover. Your Chi Travel Insurance will cover the costs of additional meals and accommodation expenses after an initial six-hour delay in your scheduled travel plans. You are eligible to claim for any eventuality that delays your travel and is outside of your control.
- Personal liability insurance. Your travel insurance also includes personal liability cover for legal expenses that are the result of a claim made against you. Personal liability claims include bodily injuries or damage to property of other persons.
- Rental vehicle excess cover. If your rental vehicle is stolen, crashed or damaged and you are required to pay the insurance excess as stated in your hire agreement, Chi Travel Insurance can pay you a benefit to help with this cost. Your Chi Travel Insurance can also cover the costs to return the rental vehicle if you are unable to return it yourself.
How to tailor your cover for your Australian holiday
There are several ways you can enhance your Chi Travel Insurance Australia Only policy if you would like a bit of extra protection. For example, you can adjust the following features for an additional premium:
- Specified luggage and personal effects. The luggage and personal effects feature of your Chi travel insurance allows you to specifically list items on your insurance policy and nominate an insured amount. Under the Australia Only travel insurance plan, you are covered for up to $3,000 for personal computers, video recorders and cameras and up to $1,000 for mobile phones, PDAs or any items with phone capabilities. You can purchase additional cover for specified items up to a total of $5,000.
- Unspecified luggage and personal effects. If you have not nominated or specified items on your travel insurance policy, you can claim for up to $750 for unspecified items.
- Rental vehicle excess cover. Under the rental vehicle excess feature of your Australia Only travel insurance, you can claim for an excess of up to $3,000. You can increase this cover amount in increments of $500 up to a total amount of $6,000.
- Remove the standard excess. When you make a claim on your Chi travel insurance, there is a standard excess of $100 which you must pay before the claim is processed. You can remove this excess for an additional $25 on your premiums.
You can apply for Australia Only cover with Chi travel insurance if:
- You are an Australian resident
- You purchase your travel insurance before setting off on your journey
- Your trip begins and ends in Australia
- You are of any age, however, your application will have to pass the insurer’s underwriting process.
Once your application has been approved and you have been issued with your certificate of insurance, you will have 14 days to consider whether the policy is right for you. If you change your mind about the Chi Travel Insurance Australia Only policy during the 14 day cooling off period, you can cancel the policy and receive a full refund of any premiums paid. A full refund during the cooling off period will only be paid if you have not made a claim on your policy and if your trip has not commenced.