Chi Non-Resident Travel Insurance

If you're not a resident of Australia you can still get travel insurance for overseas trips with Chi Non-Resident Travel Insurance.

Travel insurance is important no matter who you are, where you are or where you are going. Chi Non-Resident Travel Insurance is a dedicated and tailored policy for non-residents who need or want to travel and want to remain protected when they travel. does not currently have access to provide a quote for this travel insurance provider. You may wish to compare quotes from our panel of travel insurance brands by entering your travel plans in the form below.

Made a search before? Retrieve your search results

At least one destination is required
Both dates are required
Add more travellers
Enter the age of each traveller between 0 and 99

Enter a valid email address

At least one destination is required
Starting date is required
Add more travellers
Enter the age of each traveller between 0 and 99

Enter a valid email address

Type or Select your destination(s)

Popular Destinations

Can't find your destination? Just type it in the box above.

We compare products from

By submitting this form, you agree to the Privacy & Cookies Policy and Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy.

Features of this insurance policy

Just because you are applying for Chi Non-Resident Travel Insurance, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on any of the vital protections of a regular travel insurance policy. If you are a non-resident applying for travel insurance with Chi, you are still covered for:

  • Cancellations and lost deposits. If your prepaid travel arrangements are cancelled because of unforeseen circumstances outside of your control, your Chi Non-Resident Travel Insurance would cover you for the costs of cancellation fees and any deposits you lose because of a change in bookings.
  • Overseas emergency medical assistance. You will have access to emergency medical assistance or evacuation if required while Chi Non-Resident Travel Insurance covers you. This includes 24 hour emergency medical assistance, ambulance cover, medical evacuations, funeral arrangements, getting messages to your family and hospital guarantees.
  • Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. Covers you for overseas medical treatment if you become ill or injured. This feature includes cover for medical, hospital, surgical, nursing and emergency dental treatment for a sudden and acute pain in your natural teeth.
  • Additional expenses cover. This feature provides you with a benefit to cover additional accommodation or travel expenses that are required as a result of illness, injury or death. This feature covers you, your travelling companion or a relative.
  • Hospital cash allowance. Chi Non-Resident Travel Insurance provides you with an allowance of $50 per day for every day you are hospitalised overseas, after you have been hospitalised for 48 continuous hours.
  • Accidental death cover. Pays a benefit to your estate if you die within 12 months of and as the result of an injury you suffered while travelling.
  • Permanent disability cover. Pays a permanent disability benefit for the total loss of sight in one or both eyes, or for the loss of a hand or foot. You must have suffered this disability for more than 12 months, with the expectation that it will continue indefinitely and it must have been suffered within 12 months and as the result of, an injury you suffered while travelling.
  • Loss of travel documents, traveller’s cheques and credit cards. If you lose your passport, credit cards, travel documents or traveller’s cheques, you can claim for the replacement costs of these important travel necessities on your Chi travel insurance.
  • Luggage and personal effects. You can claim for lost, damaged or stolen personal effects such as luggage, spectacles, personal effects, your personal computer or camera. Your Chi travel insurance will cover you for the replacement cost of these eligible items.
  • Delay of luggage and personal effects. Provides you with a cover amount to purchase essential items of clothing and other personal items if your luggage and personal effects are delayed, misdirected or misplaced by your transport carrier, for more than 12 hours.
  • Delay of travel expenses. If your journey is disrupted for more than six hours because of circumstances outside of your control, you can claim for the cost of additional meal and accommodation expenses.
  • Alternative travel expenses. Chi Non-Resident Travel Insurance covers you for additional travel expenses related to you being required to organise alternative travel arrangements for a wedding, a funeral, a conference, sporting event or for prepaid travel or tour arrangements.
  • Personal liability cover. Covers you for legal expenses for the bodily injuries or damage to property or persons, as the result of a claim made against you while travelling.
  • Rental vehicle excess and cover. Covers you in the event that you are required to pay the excess on your rental vehicle’s insurance as the result of the vehicle being stolen, crashed or damage. Your Chi travel insurance also covers the cost to return the rental vehicle to the depot if you are unable to do so.
  • Cover extensions. You can extend your travel insurance for free if your return to Australia is delayed because of:
  • The bus, airline, shipping line or rail authority you are travelling on has been delayed, after accepting your fare or luggage
  • You are delayed for a situation outside of your control as stated on your policy

Optional extras

If you would like a little extra cover, or you just want to tailor your travel insurance policy with Chi, you can select from the following additional options or upgrades:

  • Specified luggage and personal effects. Under this feature, the most Chi travel insurance will pay on non-resident cover is $750 for all non specified items. However, you can purchase additional cover for specified items, excluding jewellery, bicycles and watercraft, up to the total amount of $5,000 for an additional premium.
  • Rental vehicle excess cover. The rental vehicle excess feature is limited to a benefit payout of $2,000. However, for an additional premium you can purchase an additional $2,000 of cover.
How to apply for Chi Non-Resident Travel Insurance

You can apply for Chi Non-Resident Travel Insurance if you are under 80 years old. As a non-resident, you must be travelling to, within and from Australia to be eligible for cover and you must not be entitled to receive a Medicare card during the time of your insurance.

Once you submit your application you will have a 14 day cooling off period where you can change your mind. If you decide to cancel your policy during the cooling off period, you will receive a full refund of any premiums paid, as long as you have not made a claim or commenced your journey.

Compare Travel Insurance Quotes

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Privacy & Cookies Policy and Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy.
Ask a question
Go to site