Save on cover with CHI Travel Insurance discount codes, sales and coupons.
Travel insurance provides peace of mind when travelling both in and outside of Australia. It means that if you are injured, fall ill, lose your belongings or have your trip cancelled, you’ll be reimbursed for your losses.
CHI Travel Insurance offers affordable domestic and worldwide cover to Australian residents and non-residents and this guide looks at the policies offer by Chi Travel Insurance, CHI Discount Codes and the policy benefits.
Travel Insurance deals available on finder.com.au
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
What policies are available from CHI?
CHI Travel Insurance offers Australians affordable insurance for both international and domestic travel. The CHI policy range includes:
- Plan A Comprehensive – includes unlimited cancellation cover and unlimited emergency evacuation, hospital and medical cover. It also covers additional expenses, hospital cash allowance, accidental death, permanent disability, loss of income, travel documents, theft of cash, luggage and luggage delay, travel delay, alternative transport, personal liability and rental vehicle excess.
- Plan B Australia Only – includes unlimited cancellation cover, additional expenses, accidental death, permanent disability, luggage, travel delay, alternative transport, personal liability and rental vehicle excess.
- Plan C Medical & Liability – includes unlimited emergency evacuation, hospital and medical cover and personal liability.
- Plan D Frequent Traveller – includes everything covered by Plan A Comprehensive with the exception of a lower benefit limit for luggage delay.
- Plan E Non-Residents – includes everything covered by Plan A Comprehensive, with the exception of loss of income and theft of cash, which are not covered.
- Plan F Non-Medical – includes everything covered by Plan A Comprehensive, with the exception of emergency evacuation, hospital and medical cover, hospital cash allowance and loss of income, which are not covered.
Who is CHI underwritten by?
CHI Travel Insurance Pty Ltd is an authorised representative of Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance, a trading name of AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd, is an Australian Financial Services Licensee authorised to deal in and provide general advice on general insurance products. CHI Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd, a leading global insurer with more than 78 million policyholders in 70 countries and one of the most respected names in the insurance industry.
Pros and Cons of CHI
CHI Travel Insurance offers a range of great benefits for Australian travellers including:
- The security of dealing with one of the oldest and most trusted travel insurance products in Australia
- The rock solid backing of Allianz, a global leader in the insurance market
- Access to worldwide emergency assistance through Allianz Global Assistance
- Unlimited Cancellation Cover, Emergency Evacuation & Medical and Emergency Hospital & Medical Expenses
- $5 million Personal Liability Cover
- The option to take out extra specified luggage and personal effects cover
- The option to remove the standard excess
- Travellers must be 74 years or under to take out Plans C, D and Basic Australia Only and 80 years or under to take out Plans E and Basic Non-Resident
How do I apply for CHI Travel Insurance?
Applying for CHI Travel Insurance is a straightforward process. Once you have compared the available policies and selected the one that best suits your needs, it’s simply a matter of contacting CHI Travel Insurance, either by phone or via their website.
To speak to a representative, call 1800 997 810 or to get an instant online quote, just click on Instant Quote in the toolbar and fill in the required fields on the quote page, selecting:
- The region you are travelling to
- Your departure and return dates
- The number of travellers and dependants
- Your date of birth
- Whether the travellers are Australian residents
Then just click on the Quote button to see an instant estimate of your premium.
How do I make a claim with CHI?
Filing a claim is also a simple process with CHI Travel Insurance, but how you go about it will depend on the type of claim you are making:
- If it is a medical, hospital or dental claim, you must contact CHI as soon as possible
- If it is lost or stolen luggage or personal effects, you will need a written police report to include with your claim form
- If it involves damaged or misplaced luggage or personal effects caused by a carrier or accommodation provider, you must obtain a written report from them, including any offer of settlement
All claims should be notified as soon as possible and submitted within 30 days of your return to Australia and claim forms must have appropriate supporting documents attached before they can be processed.
Can I cancel my CHI policy if I’m not happy with it?
CHI Travel Insurance provides a 14 day cooling off period to allow you to decide whether the plan you have chosen is right for your needs. If you decide during this 14 day period that you do not want the policy, you can cancel it without any penalty, providing you have not made a claim on it. However, you will need to do this sooner rather than later if you are close to your departure date, so you will have time to make alternative insurance arrangements.