Stay protected from travel mishaps overseas with Check-In Comprehensive Travel Insurance.
With over a decades’ worth of experience in helping out travellers in sticky situations around the world, Check-In Travel Insurance are a great solution if you are after a comprehensive travel insurance policy that will cover your needs.
Whether it’s your lost luggage, a cancelled flight or a medical emergency, you’ll be glad to have Check-in Travel Insurance’s team of insurance experts by your side to protect you from any unexpected hiccups along your journey ahead.
Who underwrites Check-In Comprehensive Travel Insurance?
Check-In Comprehensive Travel Insurance is issued and underwritten by Hollard. Check-In is an Authorised Representative of Hollard, and is authorised to provide and deal in general advice on its behalf in regards to particular general insurance products issued by Hollard, including Check-In Travel Insurance.
What are the benefits of this policy?
As an Australian travel insurance provider, Check-in Travel Insurance understands how much we value our choices. That’s why you’re spoilt with not just two, but three policy options – basic, comprehensive or annual multi-trip – to pick and choose from.
If you are a traveller who likes having the security of a well-rounded travel insurance but don’t plan on jetting off to another adventure this year, a Check-in Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy will suit you well.
The Check-in Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy automatically includes cover for:
- accidental death or permanent disability
- cash allowance if you end up in hospital
- delays on pre-booked travel
- emergency medical and hospital expenses overseas
- emergency medical assistance overseas
- expenses for additional transport or accommodation costs
- loss of income
- lost deposits and cancellation fees
- lost or delayed luggage and personal belongings
- misplaced travel documents, credit card and traveller's cheques
- personal liability
- rental vehicle insurance excess
- stolen cash
As well as offering additional add-ons such as:
- access to Australia’s global emergency network, MAPFRE, for instant worldwide assistance 24/7
- excess removal to skip the $100 excess claim fee
- free cover for kids so you can protect your closest loved ones for the entire journey too at no extra cost
- winter sport cover if you plan on recreational skiing or snowboarding
What's not covered by the policy?
While Check-In Travel Insurance will do everything it can to make sure that you’re protected against all possible bumps along the road, there are some limitations that you should be aware of before you go ahead and purchase the Check-In Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy.
- Eligibility. The Check-In Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy is available to Australian residents under the age of 79.
- Length of the policy. If you’re 70 years old and younger, your policy will last for a maximum of 365 days. If you are aged between 71 to 79, yours will protect you for a total of 185 days.
- Domestic destinations. If you plan on purchasing the Check-In Travel Insurance Basic Policy for a domestic holiday, you must be at least 200km away from home to be covered under the Check-In Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy.
Check-in Travel Insurance general exclusions include:
- behaving in an irresponsible manner
- didn’t disclose a pre-existing medical condition
- didn’t have an Australian motorcycle or driver’s licence and were riding a motorcycle
- ignored the advice of medical advisers and continued to travel
- ignored the warnings of the Australian Government and travelled to DO NOT TRAVEL regions
- involved in illegal activity
- want to claim for incidences that relate to acts of war
- were injured or are claiming as a result of participating in a sport that isn’t covered in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
- were intoxicated
By thoroughly reading the full Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and understanding exactly what is and is not covered under the Check-in Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy, you’ll be able to fully enjoy your time away from your daily grind with the peace of mind that you deserve.Back to top
How do I claim with Check-In Insurance?
With over a decade’s worth of local travel experience, Check-in Travel Insurance understand that the best way to help you out of your tricky situations is by providing the best support, which includes getting your claims processed as fast as possible.
Claiming with Check-in Travel Insurance is as easy as:
Contact Check-in Travel Insurance
- Let the team know of your intention to claim, so they can provide the most best suited claim form and are prepared to process your claims as soon as possible.
Fill in the claim form
- Make sure to include as much detail as possible to help Check-in Travel Insurance assess your claim, and attach any original receipts or documentation as required.
Send it to Check-in Travel Insurance
- Mail your completed Claim Form and all related documents to their office in Sydney. Once processed and approved, Check-in Travel Insurance will pay your benefit to you in AUD.
Which Check-in Travel Insurance Policy should I get?
This depends on your travel plans and personal needs.
- Annual multi-trip. If you are planning on travelling multiple times this year, the annual multi-trip policy may give you more bang for your buck. It is also more convenient for frequent flyers as they need on apply for one policy per year.
- Basic. If you are hoping for a no-frills policy that covers your basic medical, cancellation fees, lost luggage and personal liability, the basic policy may be for you.
- Comprehensive. If you can spare the extra change, the comprehensive policy will protect you most thoroughly with additional benefits such as reimbursement for delays, rental car insurance excess fees and more.
When should I buy Check-in Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy?
While Check-in Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy makes it easy for you to purchase your travel insurance quickly and efficiently online, it’s best to not leave it until the last minute. If you purchase your travel insurance at the same time as you start booking your flights and accommodation, you’ll be able to protect yourself against any unforeseen cancellations and lost deposits, even before you jet off on your holiday.
Will my pre-existing medical condition be covered?
Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) of your Check-In Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy to see the list of approved pre-existing medical conditions. Let Check-In Travel Insurance know of your situation before you purchase your travel insurance.
Why do I need travel insurance?
Regardless of whether you’re a seasoned veteran backpacker or a first-time flyer, travel insurance is absolutely necessary as unexpected accidents or mishaps don’t discriminate among travellers. Even if you were extra careful along your journey, there’s no guarantee that the locals around you are exercising the same degree of caution.
Medical emergencies can especially run into the tens of thousands of dollars when you are a foreigner overseas, especially if medical evacuations are involved. Luckily, with a Check-In Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy, you’ll be covered for not only overseas medical costs but other possible hiccups such as travel or luggage delays, cancellations, theft and more.Back to top