Looking for affordable travel insurance that still offers unlimited medical cover? Look no further for Check-In Basic Travel Insurance.
For over a decade, Check-In Travel Insurance has helped thousands of Australians achieve the peace of mind they deserve on their dream holidays. Check-In Travel Insurance provides protection from hiccups along the road, from a booking mishap or lost luggage to a medical emergency.
With a local Australian team of travel insurance experts, Check-In Travel Insurance is a sure choice for a travel insurance provider and a must for your next planned getaway.
What are the benefits and what's covered?
While Check-In Travel Insurance offers three types of policies – basic, comprehensive and annual multi-trip – the Check-In Basic Travel Insurance Policy is anything but basic with its automatically included benefits such as:
- Medical. Check-In Basic Travel Insurance provides unlimited overseas emergency medical assistance such as access to a specialist medical adviser, guarantees to foreign hospitals, arrangement of medical transfers or repatriation if necessary and passing on messages to loved ones and colleagues. Unlimited overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses including hospital, medical, surgical, nursing, ambulance and emergency dental costs.
- Cancellation. Up to $5,000 cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits so you aren’t left empty-handed if you have to re-arrange or cancel your preplanned holiday.
- Luggage. Up to $5,000 cover for luggage and personal effects so you can replace or repair lost, stolen or damaged personal items.
- Personal Liability. Up to $1 million cover for personal liability if you accidentally cause injury to another person or their property during your travels.
- Winter sports. Optional winter sport cover including recreational skiing and snowboarding, if some powder is on the horizon for your getaway. Optional excess removal if you wish to skip the $100 excess claim fee every time you claim.
- Children's cover for free. Free cover for kids so you can protect your children aged 21 or under who are travelling with you for the entire journey with the same cover as your Check-In Basic Travel Insurance.
- 24 Emergency Assistance. Worldwide assistance if you ever need it at any time, with access to Australia’s global emergency network, MAPFRE.
What are the limits?
While Check-In Travel Insurance will do everything they can to make sure that you’re protected against all possible bumps along the road, there are some limitations that you should be aware of before you go ahead and purchase the Check-In Basic Travel Insurance Policy.
- Eligibility. The Check-In Basic Travel Insurance is available to Australian residents under the age of 79.
- Length of the policy. If you’re under 70 years old, your policy will last for a maximum of 365 days. If you are aged between 71 to 79, yours will protect you for a total of 185 days.
- Domestic destinations. If you plan on purchasing the Check-In Basic Travel Insurance for a domestic holiday, be aware that you must be at least 200km away from home to be covered under the Check-In Basic Travel Insurance.
Moreover, generally speaking you may not receive your claimable benefits from Check-In Basic Travel Insurance if you:
- Were irresponsible or reckless, such as acting illegally or while intoxicated, or leaving your items unattended in a public area
- Were in control a motorcycle without a current Australian motorcycle or driver licence
- Are claiming for a pre-existing medical condition which was not specified to Check-In Travel Insurance and covered for
- Engaged in a sport that was listed as not covered in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
- Travelled against the advice of medical advisers
- Travelled against the warnings of the Australian Government
- Are looking to claim for incidences relating to acts of war.
Travel insurance can seem like tricky to navigate but by being proactive and reading the full Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), you will have a clear understanding of what is and is not covered under your Check-In Basic Travel Insurance.Back to top
How do I file a claim?
Check-In Basic Travel Insurance are all about helping you, which is why they use their decade-long experience to help you out as soon as possible with a quick turnaround and a simple claim procedure.
To make a claim with Check-In Basic Travel Insurance, it’s as easy as 1-2-3:
Call Check-In Insurance
- Contact the friendly Check-in Basic Travel Insurance Claim Team so they can keep an eye out for your upcoming claim form and send you the appropriate claim form
Complete the claim form
- Fill out all relevant details to help Check-in Basic Travel Insurance understand what happened
Mail your completed claim form
- Send your completed form and any related original receipts to their Sydney office. Your claim will be processed as fast as possible by Check-in Basic Travel Insurance and paid to you in AUD.
Frequently asked questions
When should I purchase my Check-In Basic Travel Insurance?
The best time to purchase travel insurance is around the same time when you book your holiday. With a comprehensive travel insurance policy such as the Check-In Basic Travel Insurance, you’ll be protected from the get go against any lost deposits or cancellation fees that you may incur before you even begin your travels.
What if I have a pre-existing medical condition?
Firstly check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) of your Check-In Basic Travel Insurance and see if your pre-existing medical condition is automatically covered. Regardless, you should contact Check-In Basic Travel Insurance to discuss your pre-existing medical condition and notify them before you purchase your travel insurance so you are made aware whether it is covered or not.
Can I get extra cover for my most valuable items?
Yes. Contact Check-In Basic Travel Insurance about providing extra cover for valuable items under your policy as an additional benefit.
Why is travel insurance a necessity?
Maybe you’re thinking, ‘But I’ve travelled before and never had any issues’, or ‘My mate went there and said it was safe’.
Whatever your excuse, there is no doubt that travel insurance is and will remain a necessity for all your travels. None of us know what could happen in the next instance, and most travellers don’t realise the importance of a trusty travel insurance until they are faced with an impossibly high cost medical bill overseas after an unexpected accident or until they are left empty-handed and stranded on foreign lands after having all their luggage stolen or their flights cancelled.
Just one little incident could throw your whole trip off track and leave you with a headache instead of that post-holiday glow that you were after. By purchasing Check-In Basic Travel Insurance, not only will you be guaranteeing your own peace of mind for your upcoming exciting adventure ahead, but you’ll be providing that same peace of mind for those you care and love the most, so they can enjoy your trip right along with you as you make your mark around the world and follow your fun updates.Back to top