Top shopping apps to shop cheaper online
Looking to save some cash or hunt down a discount? Here are the online shopping apps you need to try for yourself.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you’ve already given up on bricks and mortar stores and made the switch to online shopping, have you ever considered shopping through an app on your phone?
Shopping apps are easy to use and allow you to make purchases quickly and easily. As you build your profile, you can do things like curate your own wishlist or even access exclusive deals and promotions.
But which apps should be on your radar? Here at Finder, we’ve done the research and rounded up the best online shopping apps so you can shop cheaper online.
Source: Instagram user finder.au
The Finder app is a free money management tool that allows you to connect your bank accounts, credit cards, active loans and investments on a single dashboard that’s easy to monitor and track.
- Get notified of the best savings available, according to the products and services you already use.
- You can browse coupon codes on the go.
- Receive access to exclusive deals.
Source: Instagram user ebayau
Whether you’re an experienced seller or you simply love to shop, the eBay app is a must-have.
- Built-in barcode scanner allows you to organise and list your own items with ease.
- Take photos of an item and search for similar products.
- Exclusive deals and free shipping on a huge selection of items.
Source: Instagram user amazonaustralia
As you may already know, Amazon is home to just about anything you can think of. This means that it can be a little overwhelming for some people to use. The app experience simplifies it all for you. Using an Amazon Prime account, you can:
- You can add an item to your wish list, or add an upcoming deal to your watch list, and receive a notification as they become available.
- Looking to price-check, or repurchase products? Open the camera and simply scan the barcode.
- Read endless amounts of reviews to find the perfect product for you.
Source: Instagram user etsy
Etsy is the number one shopping destination for unique, hand-made items.
- Whether you’re a buyer or a seller, the Etsy app allows you to browse through the wide selection of items.
- You can easily communicate with Etsy’s amazing creators.
- Track your order, all the way until it reaches your doorstep.
Source: Instagram user catch_au
If you’re after a new daily discount, download the Catch app. You can unlock amazing offers on fashion, home, tech, beauty, groceries and more.
- Search through millions of products.
- Create a wishlist of your most-loved items.
- Make a purchase with just one tap of a button.
Source: Instagram user grouponanz
Are you obsessed with finding discounts and coupons? Whether you’re finding the cheapest hotel for your next trip, a discount on a spa voucher for your mum, or a coupon for your next dinner date, Groupon can save you some serious cash.
- Get access to hundreds of deals, saving you up to 50-70% off.
- Buy and redeem all kinds of deals from a bunch of different categories.
- Track your purchased vouchers.
Source: Instagram user scooponau
Keen to save on dining, wellness, beauty, activities and more? If you want all kinds of deals accessible from your pocket, check out Scoopon.
- The free app gives you access to heaps of savings that you can browse and buy.
- Track all of your past purchases.
- Turn on notifications to be notified of new offers every single day.
Source: Instagram user depop
Depop is one of the most well-known fashion marketplaces. Utilise this platform to buy, sell and discover clothes that you absolutely love.
- While you’re exploring, you can pick items to save into a collection.
- Prefer to sell? You can snap a picture or video of your item and upload it straight onto your Depop shop.
- Connect with your social media and check out the endless opportunities.
Source: Instagram user thredup
thredUP is one of the world’s largest online thrift stores, where you can buy and sell second-hand items.
- With just a swipe, you can access over 35,000 brands with a bunch of different categories.
- Just like the website, the app receives thousands of new arrivals every day.
- The navigation is super easy to use, and you don’t have to spend hours digging through racks of clothing to find that winning piece!
Source: Instagram user liketoknow.it
You’re scrolling through your Instagram feed and your favourite influencer is sporting the cutest new matching tracksuit set. No brand has been tagged – so how on earth do you find it? That’s where LIKEtoKNOW.it comes in.
- You can screenshot a photo to get instant details.
- Search and follow all the best pieces from your favourite influencers.
- Create a wishlist and shop directly through the app.
Source: Instagram user poshmark
Poshmark is a great online marketplace, where users can not only buy and sell fashion, but also get inspired by a wide range of outfit ideas.
- Uploading items to sell takes under 60 seconds, and it’s absolutely free.
- New items from over 7,000 different brands are added almost every day.
- Get access to discounts of up to 70% off retail price.
Source: Instagram user gumtreeaus
Gumtree, also known as Australia’s local marketplace, is a platform that connects buyers and sellers by location. Discover what your local area has to offer in terms of cars, fashion, sports, electronics, real estate and even jobs and casual work.
- The app allows you to browse through countless opportunities.
- You can also manage, track and promote listings all from your phone.
- You can activate real-time messaging and push notifications.
Cheap clothing shopping apps
In the mood for some new threads? We’ve got you covered! Check out these apps if you want to get your hands on cheap clothing, shoes and accessories:
Image source: Getty
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price reflects market sentiment in general with no immediate respite in sight
Ethereum’s price woes were recently compounded by news of prominent trading platform LCX revealing that one of its ETH hot wallets had been compromised.
January’s best balance transfer credit card offers
Want to pay off your credit card in 2022? These 0% balance transfer offers give you a way to save on interest for up to 36 months.
How to watch Euphoria season 2 online in Australia
The popular teen drama promises an epic season 2.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Back to school costs 2022
Parents will fork out $20.3 billion on back to school costs this year - $3,621 each for primary students and $6,957 for secondary students.
New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in January 2022
You can easily elevate your binge-watching game in the New Year.
Influencers to follow to educate yo’self in 2022
From bodi posi influencers to political activists, make your daily scrolls more meaningful with these inspiring icons on your feed.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE first look review: Is it worth $999?
The new Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G has some impressive specs and features, but is it enough to warrant a $999 price tag in Australia?
Why have the Coles (COL) and Woolworths (WOW) share prices stumbled?
Shares in the 2 retailers are down 4-8% over the last month.
Ask an Expert