This week’s cheap phones: Save on iPhones, Galaxy A5 or Xperia XA
Score a discount on Apple’s iPhone 7, or save serious cash on Samsung or Sony’s mid-range Androids.
Every week, finder searches for the very best smartphone bargains in Australia. This week, DWI is feeling the love with its Valentine's Day sales on a range of handsets and Kogan is selling the new Galaxy A5 for cheap.
Apple iPhone 7 128GB $1079 ($150 off)
Apple prices the iPhone 7 as a true premium offering, and it would be no doubt insulted by any suggestion that this wasn’t so. That’s fine if you want to show off, but not so much if you don’t fancy leaving a scorching hole in your wallet. DWI’s latest deal on the 128GB iPhone 7 lessens the pain by shaving a neat $150 off the asking price.
Read our full review of the iPhone 7 here.
Galaxy A5 $439 ($210 off)
The Galaxy A5 makes its debut in Australia this week, but it has already been launched in other markets. That gives it plenty of scope for discounts, and being a mid-range phone, that means a discount turns it into a budget phone, more or less. At $439, Kogan’s deal on the Galaxy A5 makes it even better value.
Find out more about the Galaxy A5 here.
Xperia XA $259 ($240 off)
Cheap can mean discount, but sometimes, when money is tight, you just need cheap to mean cheap. The Xperia XA benefits from a solid dose of Sony Style, but it was always priced to sell, so it’s particularly pleasing to see what’s nearly a 50% discount on the XA through DWI, where you’ll find the dual SIM variant on sale this week for only $259.
- This week’s bargain phones: eBay goes mobile with its latest deals
- This week’s bargain phones: Discounts on Samsung Galaxy S8, Huawei Nova 2 Lite and LG K8
- This week’s bargain phones: Cheap Nokia deals and sizeable savings on the Huawei P20 Pro
- This week’s bargain phones: Big savings on Samsung Galaxy S9, iPhone 6 and Nokia 7.1
- This week’s bargain phones: iPhone 8 Plus, Samsung Note9 and Huawei P20 Pro