Cheap flights from Perth
Perthians rejoice – you can find cheap domestic and international flights for as little as a few hundred dollars.
The perfect stepping stone to destinations in Asia, Europe and even Africa, Perth's west coast location means flights to many destinations worldwide are more accessible (and often cheaper!) than from cities on the east coast.
It's the only city in Australia where you can fly direct to all three of the above continents, with direct flights available to Johannesburg in Africa, London in Europe and dozens of cities across Asia including crowd favourites like Bali, Singapore, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur. Lucky you!
Latest cheap flights from Perth
Popular destinations from Perth
Flights from Perth to Melbourne
The eastward hop from Perth to Melbourne is about 3.5 hours and all of Australia's main airlines – Qantas, Virgin, and Jetstar – fly the route.
When weighing up which airline to choose for the journey, it's important to factor a few things in:
- Qantas and Virgin: Both are full-service airlines and will include a snack or meal, drink, checked baggage and entertainment, plus you can earn frequent flyer points on your fare. However, tickets will be more expensive.
- Jetstar: Includes nothing but a seat on the plane and a 7kg carry-on bag. Tickets on Jetstar will carry a cheaper price.
Flights from Perth to Sydney
The coast-to-coast flight between Perth and Sydney takes just over four hours. All major Australian airlines – Qantas, Virgin, and Jetstar – fly the route. With the time difference between the two cities (either two or three hours, depending on the time of year), it's possible to do the eastbound journey either during the day or overnight (which can save you the cost of a night's accommodation).
If you're not sure which airline to take for your flight, there are a few things to consider:
- Qantas and Virgin: A snack or meal, drink, checked baggage and entertainment are all included in your fare, but it will likely be more expensive than a budget airline. You can also earn frequent flyer points.
- Jetstar: You won't get anything else with your ticket other than a seat and a 7kg carry-on bag, but tickets will likely be much cheaper than flying on a full-service airline.
Flights from Perth to Bali
Four airlines offer direct flights from Perth to Bali: Batik Air, Garuda Indonesia, Indonesia AirAsia, Malindo Air and Jetstar.
You can also take connecting flights with airlines like Scoot (via Singapore), Malaysia Airlines (via Kuala Lumpur), Singapore Airlines (via Singapore) and others; however, they'll make the 3-hour-40-minute direct journey significantly longer as you'll be flying out of the way and will likely have a few hours between flights.
Consider the following when trying to choose an airline for this route:
- Batik Air, Garuda Indonesia and Malindo Air: All three airlines include checked baggage, entertainment and an in-flight meal, plus the ability to earn points for your flight.
- Indonesia AirAsia and Jetstar: These two airlines only include a seat and carry-on luggage in the fare. Extras, like checked baggage and meals, can be added when booking. These airlines are likely going to be much cheaper than the full-service options.
Flights from Perth to Singapore
The 5.5-hour direct trip across the Indian Ocean is operated by Qantas, Jetstar, Scoot and Singapore Airlines. You can also book tickets through other airlines, like Virgin Australia and Emirates; however, those airlines have codeshare agreements and the flight will be operated by one of the other airlines flying the route. Other airlines like Lion Air, AirAsia and Garuda Indonesia, amongst others, also offer tickets for this route but the trips involve stopovers which can easily double the length of the journey and probably won't save you too much money for the hassle.
If you're not sure which airline to choose for your trip, consider the following factors:
- Qantas and Singapore Airlines: These full-service airlines will include everything in the price of your ticket: checked bags, in-flight meals and drinks, entertainment and the ability to earn points. That said, they'll also likely be the most expensive options.
- Jetstar and Scoot: Offering the cheapest tickets on the route, these airlines won't include anything in your fare but a seat on the plane and a carry-on bag. It's a good option for light travellers on a budget, as you'll only need to pay for extras like checked bags when you need them.
Which budget airlines fly from Perth?
Budget airlines are called just that for a reason – they're offering some of the cheapest flights around. However, it's rare to find a budget carrier that includes extras like checked bags, in-flight meals and entertainment in the fare.
If you're not fussed on these extras and are one to travel light, check out these airlines for low fares from Perth International Airport.
|Airline||Where do they fly (direct)?||Connections available|
|AirAsia X||Kuala Lumpur||Yes, within Asia|
|Jetstar||Adelaide, Bali, Cairns, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Singapore, Sydney||Yes, within Australia, Asia, New Zealand, South Pacific and to Hawaii|
|Scoot||Singapore||Yes, within Asia and to Europe|
What are the most popular destinations from Perth?
With Bali being closer than Brisbane, and a host of budget airlines flying the route, it's no surprise that it's among Perth's most popular destinations. These are the 10 most-Googled flight routes from Perth.
|Melbourne||Check the latest prices|
|Sydney||Check the latest prices|
|Bali||Check the latest prices|
|Brisbane||Check the latest prices|
|Broome||Check the latest prices|
|Adelaide||Check the latest prices|
|London||Check the latest prices|
|Darwin||Check the latest prices|
|Singapore||Check the latest prices|
|Auckland||Check the latest prices|
Compare flight prices from Perth
Ask an Expert