Cathay Pacific Promo Codes for August 2020
Take off with a 5-star airline for a budget price with these latest Cathay Pacific promo codes.
Connecting Australia to the world via its base in Hong Kong, the airline takes travellers to destinations in Asia, Europe and North America in comfort without the high cost.
Latest Cathay Pacific promo codes and sales
Popular Top 5 Travel Deals coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|17 Apr 2020||Up to 25% off last-minute tours worldwide||********|
Cathay Pacific's coronavirus (COVID-19) cancellation and changes policy update
As of 16 March, Cathay Pacific will not be charging rebooking or rerouting fee for flights booked on or before 4 February 2020, for travel until 31 May 2020 for tickets to, through or from Hong Kong.
Travellers are eligible to select a new travel date up to 10 December 2020, but a fare difference may apply. Cathay Pacific passengers have until 31 May 2020 to make these changes.
Best Cathay Pacific promo codes to look out for:
Cathay Pacific doesn't often run promo code offers, but it does have frequent flight sales. Here are some of our favourites:
- Chinese New Year sale: Each year, Cathay Pacific offers cheap flights to destinations in Asia around Chinese New Year. In 2018, fares were available for as low as $599 return from Australia.
- Europe early-bird fares: They say the early bird catches the worm, and when it comes to flights to Europe, that advice is spot on. In these sales, you can bag cheap 5-star flights to Europe from the low-$1,000 range.
Where in Australia does Cathay Pacific depart from?
Where in the world does Cathay Pacific fly?
Based out of Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific connects six Australian gateways with destinations in Asia, North America and Europe. See below for a full route map.
Cathay Pacific | Pros and Cons
- Frequent flyer program. Travellers can get rewards for Cathay Pacific and Dragonair flights on the Marco Polo Club system, with benefits including extra baggage allowance and lounge access.
- Member of oneworld. Travellers benefit from the oneworld alliance and shared frequent flyer program, which lets you earn and spend miles with 15 partner airlines.
- 5-star, multi-award winning airline. Cathay Pacific has received numerous awards for its service including being named the “World’s Best Airline” four times.
- Manage your booking online. Log in to your account to easily make alterations to your ticket, including baggage allowance or date changes.
- Change and cancellation fees may apply. Depending on your ticket type you may need to pay a fee to change or cancel your reservation.
What’s the Cathay Pacific baggage allowance policy?
From Australia, the following baggage restrictions apply:
|Economy Class||Premium Economy Class||Business Class||First Class|
|Carry-on Bag||7kg x 1 bag||7kg x 1 bag||10kg x 1 bag||15kg x 1 bag|
|Checked Bag||30kg x 2 bags||35kg x 2 bags||40kg x 2 bags||50kg x 2 bags|
The number of checked-in bags included in your ticket price varies according to your route, cabin class and frequent flyer membership. All passengers are permitted to take one bag on board as carry-on luggage. The bag should be small enough to fit in the overhead locker. An additional personal item such as a handbag or a camera is also allowed.
Is there a Cathay Pacific frequent flyer program?
Cathay Pacific has a tiered frequent flyer program called the Marco Polo Club. Membership entitles you to benefits including extra luggage and special services. You can also pay for flights and upgrades with your miles. The program is compatible with the oneworld airline alliance and passengers can earn and spend their miles across all 15 partner airlines.
Is Cathay Pacific affiliated with Qantas?
Yes. Both airlines are members of the oneworld alliance. You can earn Qantas points if you're flying on an eligible Cathay Pacific flight.
Is Cathay Pacific a good airline?
Skytrax, which manages the World Airline Awards, has classified Cathay Pacific as a 5-star airline (the highest rating available) and has ranked it as the 5th-best airline in the world at the most recent awards in 2017. It was also listed as 4th for best airport services, 5th for cabin cleanliness, and 9th for best airline cabin crew.
Does Cathay Pacific have Wi-Fi?
Yes, but it's not free and only aboard flights operated by an Airbus A350. Internet access is available at the following rates (as of January 2019) payable by credit card.
- Per hour: US$9.95
- Entire flight that's up to six hours: US$12.95
- Entire flight that's more than six hours: US$19.95
You can also enable data roaming on your device for sending messages and browsing the internet. This is available once the flight has reached 20,000 feet. It's not available when flying over the United States.
What forms of payment does Cathay Pacific accept?
- Diners Club
- American Express
What is the Cathay Pacific cancellation policy?
Cathay's cancellation policy varies depending on what ticket type you've purchased, and it's important to note that not all tickets are able to be cancelled.
If you're purchasing a sale fare, the cancellation terms will be listed in the terms and conditions of that sale.
|Deals overview for|
Ask an Expert